Don,t Fly the Flag | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Don,t Fly the Flag

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
Or else you,ll be labelled a racist. :eek: ::)

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/racism-links-to-aussie-car-flags/story-e6frg13u-1226251686129

Australia Day is truely a day to be proud of:

http://www.theage.com.au/national/alcohol-incidents-skyrocket-on-australia-day-20120123-1qdzc.html

Brodders17 said:
Australia Day is truely a day to be proud of:

http://www.theage.com.au/national/alcohol-incidents-skyrocket-on-australia-day-20120123-1qdzc.html

Yes it's a sh!t day and should be a scrapped immediately because some people get drunk and can't handle it.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Or else you,ll be labelled a racist. :eek: ::)

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/racism-links-to-aussie-car-flags/story-e6frg13u-1226251686129

You mean to say that people who take the time to attach pommie flags to their cars are more likely to be less enlightened than people who don't? Geez, I'm shocked.

i'm thinking i'll be in the minority here, but i agree that there are many people out there who use the aussie flag as a symbol of their nationalist views/agendas... similar to the way southern amercans use the confederate flag. i blame the cronulla riots on this.

tigersnake said:
You mean to say that people who take the time to attach pommie flags to their cars are more likely to be less enlightened than people who don't? Geez, I'm shocked.
Haha That's just as racist only coming from the other side of the fence.

Racism comes from parents.

Wars that happened 100s of years ago are shown by parents and taught to h8.

Look at the World,every bordering country rivals the other.

Just the way humans are.

Competitive beasts.

smasha said:
I'd love the Indigenous flag but using that is sacred isn't it?

Sacred my arse, it's a post-modern marxist construct, not something they drew on rock walls millenia ago. Aboriginal culture never had flags.

smasha said:
I'd love the Indigenous flag but using that is sacred isn't it?

Imagine the outcry if the aboriginal flag was burnt like this. Disgraceful.

492293-burning-australian-flag.jpg

Link

Joe Lynn Turnip said:
Sacred my arse, it's a post-modern marxist construct, not something they drew on rock walls millenia ago. Aboriginal culture never had flags.

Strange post on many levels. To many Aboriginal people, their flag would be just as sacred as the Aus flag is to old diggers. Next, post-modernism and Marxism are 2 different and usually conflicting philosophies, so thats strange. Dunno how exactly you relate either to the Aboriginal flag, in the Marxist sense I'm assuming you mean its an emblem designed to unite blacks against the oppressors. I can see that, but I don't see how its not valid.

As for not being valid because it wasn't drawn on rock walls a thousand years ago. Thats ludicrous for a few reasons. First, Aboriginal people had emblems. Might have been a carved shield, might have been a string of coded shells, might have been an etched rock, might have been a drawing on a wall. Its still an emblem, as a flag is. Second, just because its relatively recent, why does that have any bearing on its validity? I don't get it. Third, did Europeans have flags Millennia ago?

They should pass a bill not to burn the new flag.

Obviously still a lot of deep seeded hatred for what the Brits did many years ago. Up to me & I'd get rid of the Union Jack.

Only my opinion but it's well time this country had a new symbol to represent the changing face of Australia.

A flag should create unity not division.

Tigers of Old said:
They should pass a bill not to burn the new flag.

Obviously still a lot of deep seeded hatred for what the Brits did many years ago. Up to me & I'd get rid of the Union Jack.

Only my opinion but it's well time this country had a new symbol to represent the changing face of Australia.

A flag should create unity not division.

Couldn't agree more if I tried.

tigersnake said:
Now why would I be kidding U2?

This is there country........... and ours.

Australia is there country and believe it or not every one of them was born in it, As Australia.

what happened happened a long long time ago now. You can't undo the past, just make it right for the now.

Burning there countries flag is Disgraceful, and yes I know they have there Aboriginal flag as well. But the Australian is also theres.