Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Channel 9 news trying to make out that an Afghani going down with an injury once they got ahead of D/L, is on par with using sandpaper on the ball. Jeepers.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Haaaarrrgh. Hit n Giggle cricket, anything can happen and sometimes it even actually does. Yay for whoever wins.

• Haha
  • Haha
This AFL level corruption/ incompetence

How can you have 2 different systems operating for deciding the 2 semi finals?
I wonder who the SHocking equivalent is in the ICC that set the rules up to favour geelong India in this World Cup?

I guess its a money thing for viewing figures in India, which I would assume (especially as this tournament wasn't even on Fox) has by far and away the largest TV audience.

The more worrying component, was that the 1st semi (which India were never playing in) has a reserve day in case of bad weather so an actual game can decide the winner, yet that article says the 2nd semi (which India would have always played) does not have a reserve game. Why would they not have a reserve day for both?

BTW does Guyana spin more than other grounds in the Caribbean?

• Wow
Poms made a mess of the Windies overnight.
Bloke on debut took 7-45 in Jimmy Anderson's last test.

England certainly making their approach for the next Ashes early. Anderson's last test, Leach, Bairstow and Foakes all replaced by younger options. As a pom it was great seeing Stokes back bowling and looking comfortable again since his last bought of surgery.

Atkinson though, brilliant job. 1st 3 overs, 3 maidens, 2 wickets. Then took 3 in 4 balls, narrowly missing out on a hat-trick, but I think the best thing watching him was seeing his speeds, all up around 90mph, its something when bringing touring sides to Australia, that we've missed so badly. We all saw Wood when he came to Australia, and with his extra pace was clearly Englands best bowler, but Atkinson with that extra pace (its only maybe 5mph more than historically) it makes a big difference in Australian conditions. Obviously only 1 game, but looks like they are focused on building the next team that can challenge the Aussies at an Ashes in Australia, instead of the tame and meek responses we've been getting recently.

Another disgracefully slow day in the field by the Spirit of Cricket champions. Just 84 overs (23 of them by a spinner) with the extra half-hour of play. It's borderline cheating to save tiring bowlers from getting punished late on a warm day. Ian Chappell's right: suspend the captain.

Windies 5/351 chasing 416. Lovely knocks from Hodge and Athanaze, two Dominicans.

Reactions: 4 users
Another disgracefully slow day in the field by the Spirit of Cricket champions. Just 84 overs (23 of them by a spinner) with the extra half-hour of play. It's borderline cheating to save tiring bowlers from getting punished late on a warm day. Ian Chappell's right: suspend the captain.

Windies 5/351 chasing 416. Lovely knocks from Hodge and Athanaze, two Dominicans.
Good points. I have been a fan of their attitude and generally positive approach and have defended them a fair bit. But at the end of the day its actions that count. That sort of deliberate time wasting is crap. There are too many times they are not backing up their talk.

Hopefully the WI can fget the required runs and stick it up them.

But, but......but, what about Bazball.

Good points. I have been a fan of their attitude and generally positive approach and have defended them a fair bit. But at the end of the day its actions that count. That sort of deliberate time wasting is crap. There are too many times they are not backing up their talk.

Hopefully the WI can fget the required runs and stick it up them.
Making a good fist of it, just about on level terms.

RIP Graham Thorpe.

Fantastic and underrated batsman - One of the few in that era of English cricket that more than held his own against Australia.

Seems like he was a decent fella to go with it.

Reactions: 4 users
RIP Graham Thorpe.

Fantastic and underrated batsman - One of the few in that era of English cricket that more than held his own against Australia.

Seems like he was a decent fella to go with it.
Yes, sad news. I posted in the RIP thread he was my favorite English batsman, and seems universally loved and respected.

It is being reported that Will Pucovsk is going to retire after being advised to by medical experts. It's a shame for the young man, he was a huge talent.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Currently watching the test match between India and Bangladesh, India are 4/96. The more I see of young opener Yashasvi Jaiswal the more certain I am that he is going to be one India's all time greats.

Reactions: 1 users
Aaron Hardie is bowling very well in the ODI against England, he's a very good allrounder, Cam Green will be looking over his shoulder. England 1/100 after 17 overs.