Craigieburn (New pics on page 3) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Craigieburn (New pics on page 3)

my mate lives in the housing estate up the top of the hill, just north of the new training ground. it's called Mount Ridley. I reckon we can think of a more appopriate name don't you think?

Ian4 said:
my mate lives in the housing estate up the top of the hill, just north of the new training ground. it's called Mount Ridley. I reckon we can think of a more appopriate name don't you think?

I agree, maybe leave it as is for now and wait for the big No. 12 to retire then name it after him.

Ian4 said:

Steven Mount?

Used to be a haunted house on top of Mount Ridley.

Maybe it could be renamed Dyer's Hill.

WesternTiger said:
The turf has just recently been laid. Not going to be thick and lush for a few more weeks yet. I am sure it is being watered adequately.

There's a substitute word we could use for 'laid' in this scenario, and coincidentally, it also sums up the surface in those pics.

The_General said:
Used to be a haunted house on top of Mount Ridley.

Maybe it could be renamed Dyer's Hill.
I remember getting in there about 30 yrs ago, a large part of mad max was filmed at that same house.

Finally got to the tigers trainning oval at Craigieburn today..

Did get some pic's of it, but will send them to rosy to post, im not up to it yet?

The ground wasn't hard at all and the grass was of a fair to good standard also. The grass has not all knitted together yet but it's still fine under foot.

The ground is in a pretty open area and today it was pretty windy.

The second oval has no grass laid as yet but the fence is up on it..

It is located right next to a school.

To get there you go into craigieburn and take Grand blvd to the end, have a look to the left and there it is.
Loads of blocks of land for sale right next door, could sit on your balcony and watch the boys train.

TOO CHEF said:
Did get some pic's of it, but will send them to rosy to post, im not up to it yet?

No worries at all about posting them for you TC but for everyone's benefit this link on the Tech Support board explains how to upload and post pics for those who want to do it themselves.

Thanks for the photos. Looks like things are progressing rapidly.

craigieburn20006.jpg

craigieburn20004.jpg

craigieburn20003.jpg

craigieburn20002.jpg

TOO CHEF said:
Finally got to the tigers trainning oval at Craigieburn today..

The ground wasn't hard at all and the grass was of a fair to good standard also. The grass has not all knitted together yet but it's still fine under foot.

The ground is in a pretty open area and today it was pretty windy.

The second oval has no grass laid as yet but the fence is up on it..

It is located right next to a school.

To get there you go into craigieburn and take Grand blvd to the end, have a look to the left and there it is.
Loads of blocks of land for sale right next door, could sit on your balcony and watch the boys train.

Thanks Iron Chef, good work!

Without a doubt i can see the benefits of having a training base similar in size the the mcg but surely we cant place too much emphasis on it, don't collingwood primarily practice at gosch's paddock? (which is a lot smaller) Or do the have a larger secondary training base as well?

collingwood had robert flack oval until it was bulldozed to make way for the new rectangular stadium. i believe robert flack oval will be rebuilt once construction ends.