Craigieburn (New pics on page 3) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Craigieburn (New pics on page 3)

Stands, changerooms, whatever ... I just think it is so important to have use of a ground the same dimensions of the MCG where we can simulate match-day scenarios and access the centre corridor.

Blueyboy74 said:
Stands, changerooms, whatever ... I just think it is so important to have use of a ground the same dimensions of the MCG where we can simulate match-day scenarios and access the centre corridor.

Spot on

TheBigDog said:
O.K, I went and visited a friend who is home with a fresh baby (The friend got a 09 membership from hubby for Chrissy, women and Ben Cousins....what has he got?)
Aaanyway, she gave me the lowdown on the new ground, and I dropped in on the way home. It is situated on the Grand Rd extension, on Melway map 386 K3. Grand Rd is only finished to just past the oval, you can't miss it.
The turf is down, sprinklers were sprinkling and the goal posts are in.......can't wait to wander over and watch the Tiges run thru some preseason moves.

Thanks Big Dog, will go check it out myself since I'm on holidays.

Now how can I get in and out without running into that Tigerbob chap people have said is creeping around in bushes with cameras....hmmmm...

Dyer Disciple said:
Thanks Big Dog, will go check it out myself since I'm on holidays.

Now how can I get in and out without running into that Tigerbob chap people have said is creeping around in bushes with cameras....hmmmm...

You can't. >:D

Re: Craigieburn.

Ghost of 29 said:
The gym you saw TB was the public gym. The Hawks have there own gym upstairs which is twice as good. They also have a 3/4 basketball size court where they do indoor training, with a massive screen which has a goal kicking simulator. In the basement they have their own pool. Quite spectacular. You are right on the oval, it is an awesome surface.

Hopefully between the Punt Rd redevelopment and Craigieburn will we get somewhere near this standard.
when the $20 million punt road re-development is finished we will have a facility at least as good and most likely better than any club in australia.

wammo said:
Any change rooms?
yep.

there`s $10 million being spent on the craigieburn facilities so we will have state of the art facilities out there as well.

it`s also going to be a fantastic opportunity to grow our club in one of the fastest growing areas in australia.
it`s great to see the club getting on the front foot and realising what an amazing opportunity we have out at craigieburn.

"In our view, there could not be a better location to promote both AFL and the Richmond Football Club than this city," Wright said.
The Tigers will spend most of their pre-season training sessions at their new base. The MCG-sized playing arena will be suitable for intra-club games and practice matches.

Wright promised that the Tigers will be a community club. It won't profit without putting back into the Hume region, he said.
The Tigers want to have a stronghold on the local area and will leave no stone unturned in a bid to capture the minds and the hearts of the locals.
At the head of the list, the Tigers will conduct their family days in the region.
That is just the tip of the iceberg as the historic club makes itself accessible for the local community. Expect shopping centre appearances, Auskick clinics, and a presence in the schools and local youth groups.
"Just as important to the Richmond Football Club is our commitment as part of this proposal to work at a community level in Craigieburn and throughout all of Hume, one of the fastest growing corridors...

i don`t think the club could be doing more off the field than what they`ve done over the last few years,i know this has been said before but jesus it sounds exciting,4 profits in a row including $2.5 million in the last 3 years,$30 million dollars being spent on state of the art facilities for us including a pre season training base at craigieburn,and with plans to capture a new growing market of fans out there.
record membership levels,ben cousins and a young team that is(hopefully)ready to make the finals.
sounds pretty good doesn`t it?
after all the misery we`ve suffered,maybe,just maybe we`re starting to turn it around.

Re: Craigieburn.

mopsy fraser said:
yep.

there`s $10 million being spent on the craigieburn facilities so we will have state of the art facilities out there as well.
Great news!
Thanks Mopsy.

Great post Mopsy :clap

So many exciting and progressive things happening around the club. It's about time the doomsday scenarioists paused for a while and had a good hard look at themselves :D

Hayfever said:
Great post Mopsy :clap

So many exciting and progressive things happening around the club. It's about time the doomsday scenarioists paused for a while and had a good hard look at themselves :D

No matter what happens off the field, it's always whats on the field that really counts!

Tigerbob said:
No matter what happens off the field, it's always whats on the field that really counts!
Yet you post this 8 minutes later?

Tigerbob said:
What I have learnt is Premierships have been won by strict planning, policies and procedures.

I rarely disagree with you mate, but Phantom is right, Hawthorn and Geelong have planned for this, and being close to the Brisbane Lions three peat adventure, it was all about planning and strategies, not culture!

Hayfever said:
Yet you post this 8 minutes later?

And?

What on-field success hasn't been the big turner for Geelong and Hawthorn?

Chris Pelchen and Stephen Wells haven't planned for this?

Waverley and Skills Stadium would be nothing without on-field success and the fans filling and backing it!

That's my point!

I'm lost to know where you are coming from!

Tigerbob said:
And?

What on-field success hasn't been the big turner for Geelong and Hawthorn?

Chris Pelchen and Stephen Wells haven't planned for this?

Waverley and Skills Stadium would be nothing without on-field success and the fans filling and backing it!

That's my point!

I'm lost to know where you are coming from!
Obviously.

Success requires both on-field and off-field strict planning, policies and procedures. Not "No matter what happens off the field, it's always whats on the field that really counts!" I thought you said you were a realist ::)

Hayfever said:
Obviously.

Success requires both on-field and off-field strict planning, policies and procedures. Not "No matter what happens off the field, it's always whats on the field that really counts!" I thought you said you were a realist ::)

I will agree to disagree with you.

C.B.F trying to justify myself.

I am a supporter of March and Wright, but if we don't win games, all their hard work will be for nowt!

Win a Premiership and their work will be multiplied ten fold.

Unlike me and you Hayfever, and plenty of others on this wonderful site, most people back and support things when it's going well. All the off-field stuff is fantastic and needed, but without the key component of success, it's pretty much useless.

Tigerbob said:
I will agree to disagree with you.

C.B.F trying to justify myself.

I am a supporter of March and Wright, but if we don't win games, all their hard work will be for nowt!

Win a Premiership and their work will be multiplied ten fold.

Unlike me and you Hayfever, and plenty of others on this wonderful site, most people back and support things when it's going well. All the off-field stuff is fantastic and needed, but without the key component of success, it's pretty much useless
Without the off-field "stuff" neither Richmond nor Hawthorn would most likely exist today. We'd have no skins and their Demons merger would be looking very sick.

Hayfever said:
Without the off-field "stuff" neither Richmond nor Hawthorn would most likely exist today. We'd have no skins and their Demons merger would be looking very sick.

Your right :clap

Read it again and underline the key word in my sentence.

"Key Component".

Would Hawthorn be at the membership levels they are today without the success? Or did people join up because of Waverley and Tasmania?

Humans are simple, they go by emotions. Winning is happiness, losing is sadness. With happiness comes money, with sadness comes no money with the majority of people, unlike me and you mate.

Majority.

It's all a numbers game and unfortunately mate, species like me and you are in the minority.

We've won eight out of our last 11 games and just secured a premiership winning Brownlow medallist in the draft.

Why are you still so unhappy? :gotigers

Hayfever said:
We've won eight out of our last 11 games and just secured a premiership winning Brownlow medallist in the draft.

Why are you still so unhappy? :gotigers

Boy oh Boy......

What have we got here.....!