Craigieburn (New pics on page 3) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Craigieburn (New pics on page 3)

Re: Craigieburn.

my mate lives down the street from the new training ground. might have to make an excuse to pay him and his mrs a visit.

WesternTiger said:
Go and have another look TOO CHEF you might be surprised! Turf has been laid and goal posts are in. Should be training on it by Feb.
Will go and ahve a look this week if time allows??
Have you seen it western tiger???
Must have with your comment?!?!

TOO CHEF said:
Will go and ahve a look this week if time allows??
Have you seen it western tiger???
Must have with your comment?!?!

Nah but have seen the photos Tigerbob is referring to.

just come back from taking dogs for a walk around the new oval. As stated in previous posts looks great all turf has been laid, and was being watered at the time ( has recycled water supply ) I would say give it another four to six weeks for the turf to establish itself had it will be good to go. Forget if i read this in the annual report or the local newspaper but a planned opening day is being planned for mid to late january

Tigerbob said:
There are some pic's on another Tiger website on progress of this facility.

Looks to be coming on well.

I live pretty close by, a town or three over, and I think I might go and check it out myself. Might take some snaps for the PRE faithful too.

Just on this facility, and Punt Road for that matter, I mentioned on another thread I ventured to Waverley Park the other day, went with a mate so he can get his Hawks membership, I must say, it is absolutely brilliant, state of teh art, and Puts shame to the Lexus Centre. Really you can see why the Hawthorn Football club is progressing into a Power of the League, the actual surface is pure quality, is a much better surface than I remember. Also the gym facility, dentist/physio office, and cafe (although being overpriced) is quality.

What it did bring was that community feel too, the actual area around the place is stunning and lots of people were filtering in and out.

I hope our new places can be as good as this, Craigieburn has me excited in what it offers, let's hope we can get this right, I have a feeling we will.

The gym you saw TB was the public gym. The Hawks have there own gym upstairs which is twice as good. They also have a 3/4 basketball size court where they do indoor training, with a massive screen which has a goal kicking simulator. In the basement they have their own pool. Quite spectacular. You are right on the oval, it is an awesome surface.

Hopefully between the Punt Rd redevelopment and Craigieburn will we get somewhere near this standard.

Ghost of 29 said:
The gym you saw TB was the public gym. The Hawks have there own gym upstairs which is twice as good. They also have a 3/4 basketball size court where they do indoor training, with a massive screen which has a goal kicking simulator. In the basement they have their own pool. Quite spectacular. You are right on the oval, it is an awesome surface.

Hopefully between the Punt Rd redevelopment and Craigieburn will we get somewhere near this standard.

Yeah my Hawthorn mate has filled me in on all the bloody details of there facility while we were there.

Awesome isn't it mate?

I hope we can get close with the two facilities.......

Willo I am heading out there soon mate I promise, Christmas has been a busy period!

Can anyone give an actual address for the Craigieburn facility? I have scoured the RFC website and found nothing. I want to go for a drive out to have a look over my Christmas/New Year break.
Thanks

Sorry TBD, no idea.

Big thanks to tigerbob for these pics of the new facility. :)

craigieburn1wk0.jpg

craigieburn2me6.jpg

craigieburner1.jpg

Philster said:
Geeeez...... :-\ I hope the surface is better than the surrounds.. :-\

What did you expected, stands and facilities to be up in under 12 months?

Personally I'm glad the ground is in place (this is the first priority after all)

Definately in need of a water.

Don't need any rock hard surfaces to train on given our history of stress related injuries.

On the upside another week of no water and our NT players will be right at home, playing on a dust bowl with no grass

Mr Magic said:
Definately in need of a water.

Don't need any rock hard surfaces to train on given our history of stress related injuries.

On the upside another week of no water and our NT players will be right at home, playing on a dust bowl with no grass

The turf has just recently been laid. Not going to be thick and lush for a few more weeks yet. I am sure it is being watered adequately.

O.K, I went and visited a friend who is home with a fresh baby (The friend got a 09 membership from hubby for Chrissy, women and Ben Cousins....what has he got?)
Aaanyway, she gave me the lowdown on the new ground, and I dropped in on the way home. It is situated on the Grand Rd extension, on Melway map 386 K3. Grand Rd is only finished to just past the oval, you can't miss it.
The turf is down, sprinklers were sprinkling and the goal posts are in.......can't wait to wander over and watch the Tiges run thru some preseason moves.