Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

I see your comprehension skills are pretty poor. Did you not understand the question?

I understood the agenda behind the question, your attempt to corner me not only failed it was a clear diversion.

The articles from academic journals are clear - there is no credible evidence to recommend Ivermectin as a COVID treatment.

I also didn't fail to notice that you did not address what I posted, and I'm sure everyone else noticed that too.

DS

So when you talk about people with qualifications in the area you mean someone like Tess Lawrie or Andrew Hill who get hired by the World Health Organisation to assess the strength of medical evidence on their behalf? Is that right?

I don't know who those people are specifically. From the way you frame the question clearly they are involved in studies where ivermectin is shown to be beneficial - your argumentation is pretty easy to anticipate.

The point is that none of us here are qualified to judge individual studies - we need experts to tell us "this study was conducted professionally, properly constructed from a medical research point of view, was ethical" etc etc etc. I'm quite happy to admit I'm not a medical scientist. So when an expert says "ok, well that study was observational, or poorly conducted, or was a small sample size, here's the problems with that" then I tend to accept that.

If Ivermectin is really beneficial then legitimate studies will show that. Or maybe not, because there is a global big pharma/WHO/Fauci conspiracy against it and it's all about proving Trump was wrong.

That's how batshit crazy the argument is - and you buy it.

Reactions: 1 user
I understood the agenda behind the question, your attempt to corner me not only failed it was a clear diversion.

The articles from academic journals are clear - there is no credible evidence to recommend Ivermectin as a COVID treatment.

I also didn't fail to notice that you did not address what I posted, and I'm sure everyone else noticed that too.

DS

Lamby's "gotcha" questions are getting weaker by the day.

This is quite compelling and makes you wonder why there is such an anti - ivermectin attitude in the west.

It also mentions the use of Doxycycline which is what Trump was promoting from memory

Doxycycline is also good for curing a burning sensation when you urinate, so I recommend you buy and swallow as much as possible. It's win win baby!!!

Where have all the 5 hour testing queues gone? just went to the Albert Park Drive Thru and were all done 25 minutes, were I happy that I didn't have to wait long? yes but also disappointed there there were not long queues as it reflects peoples apathy/reluctance to get tested.

I don't think we have changed that much. There are still deep thinkers and shallow people who care about celebs, gossip, footy, whatever :) and there always were.

The difference now is that anyone can do this and reach a wide audience. People can get together and judge others much quicker than they used to be able to.
Yes I've spoken on here previously of the deranging effects that social media has on the collective societal mind. That was more in relation to how there have always been deranged idiots in the world. In previous eras though, only the really committed deranged idiots would be heard, if they had the courage of their convictions to stand on a soap box in the park and shout all manner of incoherent nonsense to anyone walking past who would listen.

So therefore, it was only the really committed morons (which is only a small percentage). And their audience was only small. Only a certain percentage of people passing by would actually listen to them. Most would just shrug their shoulders and keep walking. These days, every deranged fool has access to broadcasting to a large audience instantaneously, their incoherent nonsense at the touch of a button. That nonsense then gets further deranged in rapid time as it manifests into a giant Chinese whisper mill.

The example you give is a slight tangent and variation on this theme of the deranging effects of social media. And no less relevant.

One of the best quotes I read on the subject. "Who thought it a good idea to put every village idiot in the world within instant contact of every other village idiot in the world?"

Admittedly, this is a bit hypocritical, as I am using a form of social media here. But I am very much of the belief that despite all the benefits and capabilities social media has given the world, it has actually been a net negative for society. As in, the negatives outweigh any positive influence.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users
Seems like the Jamie Kah Air BnB party and subsequent 3 month suspension now has another leg to it.

Being charged with providing false and misleading information to investigators.
Wow! It is often the cover up and lies that are worse than the original act. Dunno why those jockeys are appealing, they might get a bigger sentence

Where have all the 5 hour testing queues gone? just went to the Albert Park Drive Thru and were all done 25 minutes, were I happy that I didn't have to wait long? yes but also disappointed there there were not long queues as it reflects peoples apathy/reluctance to get tested.
Exposure site ?

Wow! It is often the cover up and lies that are worse than the original act. Dunno why those jockeys are appealing, they might get a bigger sentence
Melham has proven himself to be a *** on more than one occasion now. As for Kah, again, another dhead.

A bit like how it turns out the 163 St Joseph's year 12 students vaccinated a couple months back were done so deliberately through the school's political connections. At the time we were told it was an innocent mistake and to "move on". Now it seems like it was favours for mates.

So again Andrews has re iterated that vaccinated people will enjoy liberties that non vaccinated people won’t eg football, pubs, cinemas etc

How is that going to be managed ? And is it only for fully vax or single dose as well ?

Just read that we have secured another 4,000,000 Pfizer doses from the UK under a swap arrangement. This is absolutely excellent news. Below shows what our share should be.

The extra 4m Pfizer is great news, no use dwelling on the rollout stuff up it is what you do next and some innovative ways to bring stock forward can only help.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
So again Andrews has re iterated that vaccinated people will enjoy liberties that non vaccinated people won’t eg football, pubs, cinemas etc

How is that going to be managed ? And is it only for fully vax or single dose as well ?

5G Simples. ;) :))

The extra 4m Pfizer is great news, no use dwelling on the rollout stuff up it is what you do next and some innovative ways to bring stock forward can only help.

in 100 years, they'll wonder where the phrase

Borrow from Boris

came from.