Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Vic State has failed constantly.
this is not true. Vic obviously had a monumental *smile* up last year where cases got totally out of control, but other than that Vic has been no worse than anywhere else.
so yes, 1 big big failure, but not more failures in number.

Reactions: 1 user
this is not true. Vic obviously had a monumental *smile* up last year where cases got totally out of control, but other than that Vic has been no worse than anywhere else.
Approx. 800 failures at last count

you think the latest outbreak was due to luck or poor management?

and who is lying ? Nebuliser guy of the vic government? Or is no one lying as suggested by Emma Cassar? Do you swallow such *smile*?

one year in and we still haven’t put in the correct protocols. It’s laughable.

Reactions: 2 users
you think the latest outbreak was due to luck or poor management?

and who is lying ? Nebuliser guy of the vic government? Or is no one lying as suggested by Emma Cassar? Do you swallow such *smile*?

one year in and we still haven’t put in the correct protocols. It’s laughable.

Are NZ failing too? Auckland has had more snap lockdowns in 2021 than VIC has, so does that mean they are failing too?

Reactions: 1 users
if something went wrong, I reckon Morrison would start referring to the Queensland and Victorian Army

before you could say 'oh what a feeling, Toyota'

Delegation is often a good thing. But not so much for a PM.
respectfully disagree

which part? I read the article was curious. Sorry, dont see it. (did I misread it)

They are meant to return a negative result before boarding their flight. he was asymptomatic. They wouldnt board him if he was +. It has shown you can still get a negative result and a few days later be +. Tests are not 100% bulllit proof.

They still test them when they arrive. Found him + and checked his close contact. none. Isolated. They quarantine them all for 14 days.

Someone on twitter has put together a timeline of the latest outbreak:

What skills or resources (other than dollars) does the federal govt have that the states don't?
Are you saying that in the ACT or some othe federal terroritory the answer to quarantine is to be found?
Yes if states need more input from Canberra let them request it... But what do they want that Sco mo is withholding?

I think we should have a national approach to quarantine so we have consistency. It's the biggest risk to the economic and health prosperity of this country. Why (unless jurisdictional) wouldn't you want control over that if you are the federal gov't? Unless you don't think you could do any better so judge the political risk too great?

Imagine the kudos if you took it over and got it right? I reckon the 4 panelists from Q&A last week could get it planned & sorted in a week or so. The $$ cost should be irrelevant?

Isn't it a national security issue?

Last edited:
The balls scoMo needs to,grow is not to take over Dans troubles but to say Vic you are not up to it. No more quarantine in Vic. Other states will host returning Vicorians. . Dan could get back to his core strengths building tunnels and providing the fire union with another pay rise and a cut in working hours. The rest of the nation could sleep easy..
Don't disagree. The article IanG posted in The Age by Prof Blakely is an indictment on the Vic quarantine system. How many mistakes/lessons are required to get it right?

I think we should have a national approach to quarantine so we have consistency. It's the biggest risk economic and health prosperity of this country. Why (unless jurisdictional) wouldn't you want control over that if you are the federal gov't? Unless you don't think you could do any better so judge the political risk too great?

Imagine the kudos if you took it over and got it right? I reckon the 4 panelists from Q&A last week could get it planned & sorted in a week or so. The $$ cost should be irrelevant?

Isn't it a national security issue?

There have been many of us saying the same thing, and Scomo has been asleep at the wheel with regards a national approach for a while now. They can have national cabinet etc but every state has dealt with it slightly differently.

The $ figure is not really irrelevant, but they should be considering it along the lines of the cost of lockdowns. I have no idea of the validity of these numbers but heard on the news earlier that the current lockdown of 5 days will cost the economy between $0.5bn and $1bn. If those numbers are anywhere near to correct, then the cost of setting up and managing should pale into insignificance.

I have no idea how many staff are needed on site at any time, but even if we increased the rate of pay to $50-60 for staff and had them work for 2 weeks onsite (live onsite) then isolate (onsite) for 2 weeks (with the same testing as passengers, then they can go home for 2 weeks, then rinse repeat. Sure the costs are high, but as high as the loss in the economy from lockdowns? I doubt it.

So would make sense from a health perspective, and would also likely make sense from an economic perspective. Why is Scomo continuing to sit on his hands?

So would make sense from a health perspective, and would also likely make sense from an economic perspective. Why is Scomo continuing to sit on his hands?

Alan Kohler asks the same question and other relevant questions in his latest column for the New Daily:

which part? I read the article was curious. Sorry, don't see it. (did I misread it)

They are meant to return a negative result before boarding their flight. he was asymptomatic. They wouldn't board him if he was +. It has shown you can still get a negative result and a few days later be +. Tests are not 100% bullet proof.

They still test them when they arrive. Found him + and checked his close contact. none. Isolated. They quarantine them all for 14 days.

I was being facetious, however, my partner was talking to her sister last night who lives in Darwin and said the US military who come in are not quarantined, they just go off to wherever they are staying so really not sure what is going on there. In any case, the blame game is ridiculous, the reality is that hotels are not designed for quarantine which is why there are cases coming out of them. It is no wonder there are cases which spread to the community and these will continue until we get a real quarantine system in place while vaccinations are sorted.

We need to sort quarantine and then we need to sort some sort of immunity as we look to be beyond eradicating the virus.

DS

Reactions: 2 users