Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

9 new cases and no deaths. Great news about the deaths.

Reactions: 2 users
Wow, the positivity rates in the USA mentioned in that article are terrible, what was it 22% in Wisconsin. What a mess.

Back under 10 today is a good sign and hopefully the deaths will now trend right down with the lower rate of new infections now lasting a couple of weeks.

Here's what it looks like today:

COVID19 7 day ave 05102020.jpg

And, the numbers:

DateNew Infections7 Day Trailing ave5 Day Centred ave14 Day Trailing ave
30 September 20201411.299.6015.79
1 October 2020710.4310.2013.07
2 October 202089.8610.0012.21
3 October 2020129.2912.14
4 October 202099.8612.00

Still jumping around a bit as expected. The number of active cases is way down and unknown cases is getting lower. Hopefully community transmission can get right down and we can reduce the restrictions in a couple of weeks.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
Getting bad in India, lower death rate than the USA but I have no idea how they can control it over there. So many people and the government can't offer support like we can here. Very difficult situation. Hope they manage to get a handle on this.

DS
Yes it’s pretty ugly over there and I suspect there are a lot more infections and deaths than reported.
Their ability to know who has died or even who has it won’t be particularly sophisticated in some parts of the country

Good news about high school kids being back very soon.

I'm still nervous about it when I put my microbiologist hat on, but as a teacher I am stoked.

Remote learning has been the hardest/worst thing I've done in my professional life. Can't wait to get back into a classroom. The students were absolutely ecstatic when I told them today. First time I've seen genuine excitement from my year ten's in 3 months, and it made my heart lift.

Reactions: 6 users

I'm still nervous about it when I put my microbiologist hat on, but as a teacher I am stoked.

Remote learning has been the hardest/worst thing I've done in my professional life. Can't wait to get back into a classroom. The students were absolutely ecstatic when I told them today. First time I've seen genuine excitement from my year ten's in 3 months, and it made my heart lift.

I know we've has some differences on this thread (and the george thread!) but I hope it all goes safely & well for you and your students CT.

Happy to have my kids returning to school too and they are so excited about it.

I know we've has some differences on this thread (and the george thread!) but I hope it all goes safely & well for you and your students CT.

Happy to have my kids returning to school too and they are so excited about it.

Cheers. We all want the best.

Yeah my sister is a grade 6 teacher and she has hated it. Can’t wait to get back next week.

Has there been a decision made as to exactly when years 8 -10 go back? I believe year 7 is back next Monday.

Yeah my sister is a grade 6 teacher and she has hated it. Can’t wait to get back next week.

Has there been a decision made as to exactly when years 8 -10 go back? I believe year 7 is back next Monday.
Years 8 etc from the 26th.

15 new cases; 1 death.

Very little chance of getting that 14 day average to 5 new cases by the 19th October. Remains to be seen what impact that has on the decision to release some restrictions.

Reactions: 1 user
We certainly are having problems getting the numbers consistently down below 10. It appears they know of a couple of clusters, but of course, knowing about a cluster and stopping the virus from spreading around within a cluster f cases and possibly further are 2 different things.

Here's how it looks today:

COVID19 7 day ave 06102020.jpg

By the numbers:

DateNew Infections7 Day Trailing ave5 Day Centred ave14 Day Trailing ave
1 October 2020710.4310.0013.07
2 October 2020910.009.8012.29
3 October 2020109.1410.0012.07
4 October 202099.7111.93
5 October 20201510.5711.00

You can see the 5 and 7 day averages sitting around 10 but refusing to go down any further. The 14 day average will do the same unless the numbers drop again. The 14 Day average just moved past the last day of new infections over 20 (28 on 21 Sept) so the fall in the 14 day average can only happen if we consistently see numbers near or below 10.

Bloody hard to nail down the next drop to get it really low. One saving grace is that the active cases keeps dropping, 227 last night. Less active cases means less contagious people to spread the virus. Just have to keep doing the right thing I suppose.

DS

15 new cases; 1 death.

Very little chance of getting that 14 day average to 5 new cases by the 19th October. Remains to be seen what impact that has on the decision to release some restrictions.

Not looking great. Also have to question people’s judgment. The cafe in Kilmore has a new case due to someone in Melbourne being a selfish idiot. I think the 5km radius will be lifted to say 10km but that will be it to protect regional areas.

we are not gonna meet the 14 day average of 5 by October 19. you can take that to the bank. I think we're gonna have to rely on community transmission, mystery cases and general active cases to continue to decrease for us to move to step 3.

clearly this last effort at reduction is the hardest. very frustrating.

Not looking great. Also have to question people’s judgment. The cafe in Kilmore has a new case due to someone in Melbourne being a selfish idiot. I think the 5km radius will be lifted to say 10km but that will be it to protect regional areas.
If they’re able to identify this tool I trust he,ll get the $4997 fine for being more than 5klm from home.

If they’re able to identify this tool I trust he,ll get the $4997 fine for being more than 5klm from home.
Apparently the person was given permission to travel to see family on the basis that they were a carer or something similar. They know who it is; Sutton admitted that the other day.

Apparently the person was given permission to travel to see family on the basis that they were a carer or something similar. They know who it is; Sutton admitted that the other day.

Yeah they were caring for someone in Kilmore but they didn't have permission to dine at the premises (only take-away). The newspaper mentions that the same person "triggered a virus alert at White Line Tyres in Benalla"., Long way from Kilmore.

• Sad
Yeah they were caring for someone in Kilmore but they didn't have permission to dine at the premises (only take-away). The newspaper mentions that the same person "triggered a virus alert at White Line Tyres in Benalla"., Long way from Kilmore.
I read it is they were just passing through Kilmore on the way to somewhere else when they decided to stop and eat at the cafe; this was clearly against regulations. Given the person was from Melbourne they were only allowed take away.

I read it is they were just passing through Kilmore on the way to somewhere else when they decided to stop and eat at the cafe; this was clearly against regulations. Given the person was from Melbourne they were only allowed take away.
That's what Sutton said at this morning's presser. If you're from Melbourne the rules for Melbourne travel with you no matter whereabouts in Victoria you are given permission to go. I wonder if that was explained to the person involved?

That's what Sutton said at this morning's presser. If you're from Melbourne the rules for Melbourne travel with you no matter whereabouts in Victoria you are given permission to go. I wonder if that was explained to the person involved?

Would have to be surely.

Only 3 cases left in regional Victoria. Would love to see regional Victoria given some form of green light to ease restrictions more in the next 2 weeks assuming zero cases.