Chris Knights | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Knights

St Kevin said:
Quality player, and plays a position we lack depth in. Sorely missed, but his 3 year deal is one that is hopefully one that is favourable to our salary cap.

If not, given his injury history, another poor signing by the club.

Not sure a bloke doing his knee constitutes a bad signing.

Streak said:
Yeah. Not like it can be foreseen, although Knights did have a few injuries before joining us.

That's the problem. He is always injured.
Bad recruitment

Midsy said:
Which he had overcome and was playing good footy before he did his knee.

I'm not quite sure what your point is.

He's injured and hasn't even looked like playing apart from a practice match. Is he a bad player? Absolutely not, fit he's easily best 22. But he's not fit, and obviously struggling to get back to playing any footy at all. I'd hardly call that a good signing.

Also my reference to him being a 'poor signing' was in regards to the length and money involved in his contract, not his ability. A potential indictment on the club and not the player. Those in the know seem to think that his salary isn't high at all, which is some consolation.

If he can't get his knee right then it is probably better he retires to save him having a serious knee problem later on in life. It is a pity because in those few games last season Chris showed us how valuable he could be to our team.

Just read that Chris's latest operation appears to have solved the problem of soreness in his knee and he is running again without discomfort. If true then it is good news for him and the club as we sorely miss his skills that were emerging when he had his horrific injury. Look forward to seeing a fully fit Chris Knight playing again at the back part of the season

UKTiger said:
Just read that Chris's latest operation appears to have solved the problem of soreness in his knee and he is running again without discomfort. If true then it is good news for him and the club as we sorely miss his skills that were emerging when he had his horrific injury. Look forward to seeing a fully fit Chris Knight playing again at the back part of the season

If he makes it back it will be like having a new recruit.

UKTiger said:
His career has been dogged by injury. Nice to hope for a run of clear air but thats not how his career has turned out so far.

Just watched his vid on the website, geez he speaks well

Got a good head on his shoulders, too bad from the shoulders down he has struggled

Good news that Chris should be in the VFL side at the weekend if he comes through training this week. It has been a long time coming so I really want to see him get an injury free run and stake his rightful place in the 1sts. We miss his undoubted talent and he has been away long enough not to have been destroyed by Dimmas 2014 coaching

That's a rare possitive , at his best just the type who could have made a real difference, fingers crossed stays fit , gets a massive pre season and can have an impact in 2015

Another shocking decision to bring him to the club.
We can't recruit
We can't draft
We can't play

Liked what he did in a handful of games last year but his career is surely hanging by a thread. Big ask to hit the ground running after missing so much footy.

Fair chance he'll do an injury putting his footy socks on.

I'll believe his return to the seniors when I see it.