Changes vs Carlton round 16 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Carlton round 16

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
How good would it be to knock this mob off to get our third scalp of the season.

Who's back in?
Hopper you'd think.
Prestia also a possibility.
Maybe Blight comes in too for a debut.

The Blues are up & about & we are a long shot but upsets do happen.
Be nice to get a win against the ol arch enemy.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
How good would it be to knock this mob off to get our third scalp of the season.

Who's back in?
Hopper you'd think.
Prestia also a possibility.
Maybe Blight comes in too for a debut.

The Blues are up & about & we are a long shot but upsets do happen.
Be nice to get a win against the ol arch enemy.
Is Graham injured and if your changes then what outs do you suggest?

I’m not confident , but Hopper should help. Dion I’m not sure as he’s well below his best with recurring injuries.

In: Hopper, Prestia, Blight
Out: Dow, Kosi, Cumberland

Edit. I forgot about Cumberland. So he is a definite out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Dow just isn’t going to get dropped.

In: Hopper, Prestia
Out: Cumberland Sonsie

Reactions: 2 users
Out: Graham (did hamstring late in the game unless I was seeing things), Cumberland (I’ve given up on him), Dow (not at the required standard, but suspect he’ll be retained). If not Dow, then Sonsie. If it was me, I’d drop Mansell too - needs to be re-tooled in VFL as a result running/rebounding back.
In: Hopper, Prestia & Blight.

Out: Graham (did hamstring late in the game unless I was seeing things), Cumberland (I’ve given up on him), Dow (not at the required standard, but suspect he’ll be retained). If not Dow, then Sonsie. If it was me, I’d drop Mansell too - needs to be re-tooled in VFL as a result running/rebounding back.
In: Hopper, Prestia & Blight.
I’d like to see Blight but the only way he comes in is if Balta plays forward I think which would mean Kosi goes out.
Apart from Blight, Banks and Smith have very good vfl form but if Hopper and Prestia play it is hard to see them getting a game.

Reactions: 1 user
In Bauer, Blight, Gray, Hopper, McAuliffe (and Trezise sub).
Out Graham inj, Cumberland, Dow, Koschitzke and Sonsie omitted.

B Blight* Miller Vlastuin
HB Brown Broad Baker
C Ralphsmith Bolton McAuliffe
HF Bauer Balta Campbell
F Martin Lynch Gray*
R Nankervis Taranto Rioli
I/C Hopper Mansell McIntosh and Short
Sub Trezise.

Last edited:
I’m not sure many of the cubs deserve their spot , however I’d rather keep finding out with a few , then going back to the old fellas who ain’t getting any better and will not be part of our best surge up the ladder . Tough call getting the balance right in the second half of a horrendous season

Reactions: 3 users
In Bauer, Blight, Gray, Hopper, McAuliffe (and Trezise sub).
Out Graham inj, Cumberland, Dow, Koschitzke and Sonsie omitted.

B Blight* Miller Vlastuin
HB Brown Broad Baker
C Ralphsmith Bolton McAuliffe
HF Bauer Balta Campbell
F Martin Lynch Gray*
R Nankervis Taranto Rioli
I/C Hopper Mansell McIntosh and Short
Sub Trezise.
May need Kosi as lynch is injured

May need Kosi as lynch is injured
No really. What?
If it is another soft tissue those who made the decision that he was ready to go straight back to AFL should be sacked.
It was obvious that he was trying as hard as he could but understandably lacked fitness. No speed over the ground and it should have been evident at the Captains run that would be the case.

As I said at the time he should have come back via time played in the VFL.
At least it means Gray and Bauer should play.

Now is the time to blood the remaining unblooded. Now is not about winning, but getting the most of our young, inexperienced and some untried youngsters.

Reactions: 4 users
I don't think there'll be too many changes. Hopper for Graham, no idea who for Lynch, it's been a problem for us all year. Kosi won't be dropped though, was his best game for the Tigers. McAuliffe for Sonsie maybe with Sonsie as sub.