Changes V Pies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Pies

Thought Thomas was ok... morro on the other hand... hope not but think shedda may miss another week.

Depending on Titch's fitness I'd drop Thomas. Don't get me wrong he played well yesterday, but my head just compares him to Matty White and I get so angry seeing his face

This a massive massive game, knock these blokes off an other games go the right way too 4 is still a remote chance an we are locked in September.

With Edwards the only real possabilty is it worth the risk as he may well be the difference? Or back the team in an bring Edwards back for a run against Essendon? Only other maybe change would be Dea for a match up on an Elliot or Fasolo if they feel he'd be better then Morris.

CC TIGER said:
This a massive massive game, knock these blokes off an other games go the right way too 4 is still a remote chance an we are locked in September.

With Edwards the only real possabilty is it worth the risk as he may well be the difference? Or back the team in an bring Edwards back for a run against Essendon? Only other maybe change would be Dea for a match up on an Elliot or Fasolo if they feel he'd be better then Morris.

Exactly right Corn Chips. Huge game and we need to bring A grade attitude and intensity. We would do well to remember that we have only beaten Scumwood once since 2007 and that was earlier this year by 5 points. They always give us a lot of trouble. The lack of tackling intensity we displayed against GC won't anywhere near cut it against Scumwood.

Top 4 is still not out of the question. We must win every game and rely on Sydney dropping one game and the Dogs dropping 2 games; unlikely but not impossible given who they both play.

If Edwards is fit he must play. We have to win this game.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Thomas gave us steel in the middle.
Morris was aggressive at half back where he belongs.
He was a fan favourite when he started his career in that spot.

But we need to find room for edwards and maybe conca later.
Knights might squeeze back in later if the gods are just.

I'd say: no change.

Don't forget Grimes when available, been excellent on the small forwards recently

It really doesn't matter how well Thomas and Morris played yesterday. It was against ineffective opposition. Morris falls over to often gives away to many free kicks and will be a serious liability in finals. And well Thomas is just to slow both by foot and decision making. Those two players are just filling in time to make way for Edwards, Conca and Grimes

tempany14 said:
It really doesn't matter how well Thomas and Morris played yesterday. It was against ineffective opposition. Morris falls over to often gives away to many free kicks and will be a serious liability in finals. And well Thomas is just to slow both by foot and decision making. Those two players are just filling in time to make way for Edwards, Conca and Grimes

Well said. Papering over the cracks.

Funnily enough the same people who praise them will be calling spuds next week.

Barnzy said:

Dunno who is actually "praising" them.
Some are realistic to know that given we've got a few injuries they came in and played their roles for thatgame. That's all you can ask of them.
Funnily enough, that's a bit different than those who were hoping they'd fail miserably just so they could say "told you they were duds".
Credit where its due though. Played well enough, but with some players to come back in when fit and ready, I doubt Thomas will stay. Morris, who knows?
But whoever is in the team, I just hope they can do the job for the teams sake rather than pat myself on the back and say "told you he is a dud" or "McBean should have played" (in the ruck, midfield, backline, wherever)

willo said:
Dunno who is actually "praising" them.
Some are realistic to know that given we've got a few injuries they came in and played their roles for thatgame. That's all you can ask of them.
Funnily enough, that's a bit different than those who were hoping they'd fail miserably just so they could say "told you they were duds".
Credit where its due though. Played well enough, but with some players to come back in when fit and ready, I doubt Thomas will stay. Morris, who knows?
But whoever is in the team, I just hope they can do the job for the teams sake rather than pat myself on the back and say "told you he is a dud" or "McBean should have played" (in the ruck, midfield, backline, wherever)

yep. Its pretty simple. You get some injuries and fringe players get a game, who aren't as good as the regular players. You want them to do OK to good and help the side get a win. Dunno why this is so hard for some people to grasp.

Better be good, whomever is selected. We're coming over for the Pies game and to celebrate my dear ol' Dad's 80th with the family. We're up in the nose bleed zone at the G. Have never sat that far back from the game. Will we need binoculars?

Barnzy said:

Not I Barnzy.

I'm under no illusions as to the no upside with these blokes but they came in and did a good job. Much better than the numpties who bagged them out expected. But when better players are available, pick em.

Personally I'm always reticent to bag players who give their all for the yellow and black. Fair comment is fine of course.

Even if these guys never get another game I appreciate their efforts.

I look forward to our bargain basement mids in Miles, Lambert and Thomas battering rich men Adams and Greenwood around the stoppages.

If Edwards is right to go, they'll find someone to drop for him. I hope we can find a replacement for Morris before next week, because I shudder to think what Elliott may do against him.

CarnTheTiges said:
If Edwards is right to go, they'll find someone to drop for him. I hope we can find a replacement for Morris before next week, because I shudder to think what Elliott may do against him.

He probably will get another gig as the pies have got Elliott, Blair and Fasolo. Flossy will get one and Houli another. I don't think Batch is a good match up on any of them.