Changes v Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Crows

Our forward line struggles to kick more than 10 goals. When we have its been on the back of one inspired quarter and usually Corey Ellis has been up to his neck in it.

We can not be a serious contender if we cant kick more than 10 goals.

We have got rid of some passengers lately. We need to get rid of one more. Newman was very ordinary 10 possessions 4 clangers. Butchered the ball which is normally a strength. He is redundant in the side. On form and structure Beanie replaces Newman.

If Beanie comes in then you can even consider Hampson for Vickery.

Shed if right comes in but he is a valuable commodity and you'd want to be sure.

Agreed.

IN: Hampson, McBean
OUT: Vickery, Lloyd

Thought Newmo was handy.

A ruck tandem of Hampson and Maric, along with jack and Jesus will rain goals.

Carter said:
Agreed.

Thought Newmo was handy.

Really? Butchered two really great goal scoring chances. The first when he took the long shot at goal that stopped when he had two tiges over the top in a 3 on 1.

An absolutely horrible pass on the wing when he had two tiges loose at half forward and he missed them both and kicked to a hawk.

Went at less than 50% disposal. 4 clangers. He was cleaner with his hands than in recent times but he is just struggling with the physical demands of the game.

I know these changes threads are part prediction of what will happen and part what we want to happen, but seriously?

antman said:
I know these changes threads are part prediction of what will happen and part what we want to happen, but seriously?

Agree. All hell would break loose if we drop someone after that performance. At most, Lloyd may start, but unchanged must be at $1.01.

The only change will be injury related. Someone sustaining something or sheds ready to come back in.

As it should be.

Newmans best two games this year have been against Freo and Hawks.
Plasma is back after a 2 week break so while he didn't star, I didn't Lake control the backline like he always does.

Why would you make changes to a team that just tore apart what we the comps form team. Christ, the bookies had us at $6

Those including Sheds out with injury will just have to get in the queue unless a match up is required.

Shed to play a half in the magoos just to get the feel of the footy again.
No change but I'd like to see the Hampster come in.
Gives Eevan his chop out and stretches the Crows back line with 3 tall forwards.

Carter said:
Agreed.

Thought Newmo was handy.

If we put both Hampson and McBean in then one of them, mostly likely McBean, is going to be the sub. I think we'll probably go unchanged, although they may try to find a spot for Hampson if he's right. I'd give Edwards at least another week, then unleash him on the Gold Coast, and in fact that could be a game where we could also give McBean a run and rest one of the other older bigger guys to freshen them up a little.

josey said:
Maric was opposed to Garrick Ibbottson, Vickery was opposed to Brian Lake.

I distinctly remember Maric outmarking Lake at CHF and kicking it down Reiwoldt's throat for a critical goal.

Baloo said:
Newmans best two games this year have been against Freo and Hawks.

Newman was terrible against the Hawks. Had 13 disposals, just 6 effective, 4 clangers, even though just 3 contested possessions. Just way too slow now. Edwards for Newman would be a great change but we know that's not going to happen.

tigerlove said:
I distinctly remember Maric outmarking Lake at CHF and kicking it down Reiwoldt's throat for a critical goal.
He did. That was a beauty, just pushed Lake out of the way and grabbed the mark.

Baloo said:
No he wasn't

Yes he was. The stats backup my eyes. Please explain to me what he did that made the Hawks game his best for the season? I agree he was good against Fremantle but there is no way he played an acceptable game against the Hawks. Where once he had beautiful disposal, now he's too slow and all his disposals seem to be rushed and therefore ineffective. 13 disposals, 4 clangers, 46% disposal efficiency. You would have never seen that from Newman in previous years. If Edwards is in, he would be the first to go in my view. Of course this won't happen but it should.

That kick in the last on the wing near the interchange highlight's just how much Newy's kicking has dropped off, had 2 players in the clear running forward and somehow managed to put the ball between the 2 of them with no pressure and it either ended up with Hawthorn or in a ball-up.

If he stays in the side I think he should be made permanent sub for the rest of the year and give the younger guys full games.

Consistent form in the 2s ought be rewarded.

That's McBean.

But barring injury, the only outs from Friday should be for a rest.

I can't see a like-for-like swap on those criteria.

Unless McBean were to play on a wing?