Changes Rd 13 v Sydney | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes Rd 13 v Sydney

Coughlan24

Tiger Superstar
Jul 8, 2004
Lithgow, NSW
Corey Ellis injured, all Newman has to do is get through the VFL and Dimma will pick him, do you stick with the 3 talls, it failed tonight and the Swans backline would cut them to pieces. Plenty to ponder and a long week ahead. A few heads on the chopping block for sure.

Coughlan24 said:
Corey Ellis injured, all Newman has to do is get through the VFL and Dimma will pick him, do you stick with the 3 talls, it failed tonight and the Swans backline would cut them to pieces. Plenty to ponder and a long week ahead. A few heads on the chopping block for sure.

At the SCG, so maybe just 2 are enough, but I'd rather keep them in if we can work out a way to dominate in attack. Maybe push Jack up the ground a bit.

Morris wont get dropped so wont even suggest it, but if Hunt keeps his spot next week ill spew up.

Newman will be a solid in.

As for the three talls, I think Maric's poor form will/should guarantee Griff keeps his spot.

Dimma will likely put tremendous faith in Hunt and it might eventually pay off considering Hunt has anxiety issues and might thrive with that sought of security.

Chimptastic said:
Newman will be a solid in.

As for the three talls, I think Maric's poor form will/should guarantee Griff keeps his spot.

Dimma will likely put tremendous faith in Hunt and it might eventually pay off considering Hunt has anxiety issues and might thrive with that sought of security.

Anxiety issues...ha?

I would happily drop Hunt, Morris, Chaplain and Grigg, but the replacement stocks are damn thin.
The Tigers will need to dig deep next week as I am sure the Swans will be more than keen to take us on.

Merveille said:
Anxiety issues...ha?

Just repeating what's been said in the media at times, hope it's not unfair of me to say it though as I really don't know his situation! But the point is he's said he's had 'confidence issues' at Geelong and you don't recruit that type of player and then drop him... you put all your confidence in him without wavering.

Where do you start?

Out: C Ellis, Griffiths, McIntosh, Menadue, Hunt

In: Newman, Dea, McDonough, Lennon, Lloyd

Well that was bloody painful.....
The bye didn't help McIntosh - he's hit the wall and hit it hard - he'll get a spell next week.
Unfortunately it's becoming more apparent why Geelong released Hunt - he's fit, willing and courageous, but he panics and coughs it up too often.

We should've lost by 40+

Big opportunity for some VFL players tomorrow

Bullarto Tiger said:
I would happily drop Hunt, Morris, Chaplain and Grigg, but the replacement stocks are damn thin.
The Tigers will need to dig deep next week as I am sure the Swans will be more than keen to take us on.

Grigg? It only takes one game for 2 months of retrograde amnesia to strike...

There can't be the one change of Out: C. Ellis In: Newman not after a performance like that you can't accept mediocrity if we want things to change for the good.

Chimptastic said:
Just repeating what's been said in the media at times, hope it's not unfair of me to say it though as I really don't know his situation! But the point is he's said he's had 'confidence issues' at Geelong and you don't recruit that type of player and then drop him... you put all your confidence in him without wavering.

Gosh. Ok then...

Coughlan24 said:
There can't be the one change of Out: C. Ellis In: Newman not after a performance like that you can't accept mediocrity if we want things to change for the good.

Nah, if you make a selection statement every time you lose to 2nd on the ladder by 20 points, you'll run out of players throughout the year.

BrisTiger24 said:
Where do you start?

Out: C Ellis, Griffiths, McIntosh, Menadue, Hunt

In: Newman, Dea, McDonough, Lennon, Lloyd

By not dumping half the team after one bad game. We won 4 in a row before this with most of those same guys.
No point having this thread until after our game tomorrow.

Chimptastic said:
Grigg? It only takes one game for 2 months of retrograde amnesia to strike...

Chimp, my issue with grigg has always been that when the pressure really arrives he consistently puts in mediocre efforts and performances. Grigg, in my very humble opinion, is not the sort of player that would ever have an impact in finals because he is not the sort of player that thrives on the "heat in the kitchen". I just can't see any of the top-tier teams ever considering Grigg as a player to complement their lists as they surge towards grand finals. And it is this sort of attitude that must drive the recruiting, training and coaching of the team.
AFL is a bloody ruthless business and the successful teams are only as strong as their weakest links. When I compare the weakest links of the Tiger chain against those chains of the elite teams I see a much shorter chain ... but, then again, maybe I am too pessimistic in my assessments ... yet so many years of mediocrity do provide an astute insight to whether things are a mirage or the reality.

See who does what at VFL tomorrow. C. Ellis injured, so I suspect Newman comes in.

Others need to stand up and earn spot. McIntosh was putrid tonight and should be an out. But we're slow enough as it is, so I can't see Hunt or Menadue being dropped.

You know times are tough when Hampson is getting named as an "in"