Changes for West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for West Coast

Jetboy said:
Unless there is any injury.....

NONE!!!

Hopefully no serious injuries during the holiday break and weekly training for the next fortnight.

Jetboy said:
Unless there is any injury.....

NONE!!!
Not necessarily advocating it but I think the only change might be if one of the VFL mids do well over the next couple of weeks Menadue may go. Good opportunity for Lennon, McDonough, Lloyd and Gordon to show what they have got.

and of course there is Newy ...cue Ian4

Let's play it in Perth. We're 3 from 3 there I think. The 4th we only lost by a point.

I'd prefer if the bye was later. Would've been good to take this confidence into a game next weekend.

sausage_meat69 said:
I'd prefer if the bye was later. Would've been good to take this confidence into a game next weekend.
Had to come at some stage and I think it's actually good for us. A couple of the blokes, Ivan especially, will appreciate the chance to rest up and give themselves a bit of a mental freshen up.

Might be time for Menadue to get some game time and we change our sub.
Otherwise I'm good [sub](even with Steve Morris)

Cannot drop good luck charm, (Menadue), he is 4 from 4 ;). NO CHANGE!!

No change.

A few players needed the rest and the bye has come at a good time.

Only worry is we were building momentum.

Brettstigers said:
Might be time for Menadue to get some game time and we change our sub.
Otherwise I'm good [sub](even with Steve Morris)

Definitely agree with this.
I thought he'd light it up on the wide Subiaco pastures but he played as outside linkman and I guess the boys used other options.

Anyone think he should play a half today against Werribee?
I think he should, and then enjoy the bye next weekend.

In the last Menadue was overlooked a couple of times even in space fwd 50. It looked like the senior guys were picking each other out. I wonder if that is a plan or it just worked out like that on the night? Would've been good for his confidence if they'd put a bit of trust in the lad.

waiting said:
No change.

A few players needed the rest and the bye has come at a good time.

Only worry is we were building momentum.

x2. But I think we've got more than momentum going for us at the moment. I think we have belief. So I think we'll be fine.

CC TIGER said:
Agree with all this 22 is working....fact is Newman will come in for one of the kids

Hope not. He's far too slow and doesn't do enough with the ball.

I'd keep it the same or maybe give Lennon or Gordon a go for C. Ellis or Menadue if they need a rest.

sausage_meat69 said:
In the last Menadue was overlooked a couple of times even in space fwd 50. It looked like the senior guys were picking each other out. I wonder if that is a plan or it just worked out like that on the night? Would've been good for his confidence if they'd put a bit of trust in the lad.
This. Made really good space and got ignored.

St Kevin said:
Hope not. He's far too slow and doesn't do enough with the ball.

I'd keep it the same or maybe give Lennon or Gordon a go for C. Ellis or Menadue if they need a rest.
I'd think 99% of us want the same, however withn2 games under his belt, they will bring him back in......I'd be dissapointed if Gordon, Arnott ,Lloyd or Lennon came in for Ellis or Menadue on form......on that I wonder if either of the boys will play VFL next week, be a good idea I reckon

CC TIGER said:
I'd think 99% of us want the same, however withn2 games under his belt, they will bring him back in......I'd be dissapointed if Gordon, Arnott ,Lloyd or Lennon came in for Ellis or Menadue on form......on that I wonder if either of the boys will play VFL next week, be a good idea I reckon

Newy had heart surgery, no preseason and played round 1. Purely wishful thinking on my part CC, I'm sure he'll be straight back in.