Changes against Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes against Port

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
Half way through the final quarter it would have been easy to name ten players who should be visiting Coburg next week - but as the game wore on we have to commend the fact that they held in until the very end.

Hardwick has been very good at encouraging development - hence he's not going to cut through the team.

With no injuries or reports you would only expect 2-3 to be dropped.

Notwithstanding, the following are surely looking over their shoulder:

Vickery / Astbury / King

Vickery TBRB Simmonds. I realise many will scream blue murder - but the 19yr old is just not offering enough and needs to regain some touch.

Astbury TBRB Polak. Again - many will disagree - but Riedwaldt can't do it on his own, and Polak appeared to straighten us up last week. If not Polak - then Morton.

King - nothing more needs to be said. Hopefully Polo is available.

I'm not sure that Tambling warrants an automatic return.

With coburg having a week off it makes it difficult.

Farmer - On form and could be suspended for that elbow anyway

Yes - good call. Forgot about that.

Indeed his game was pretty average also.

Throw White into the mix and we have 5 player (on tonights form) who should not be there next week.

But some will.

I'd hardly take junk time into consideration

Farmer will definitely go for that elbow, so that's one forced change

Nahas I reckon deserves to be dropped for that selfish banana shot running into goal at the end that went OOTF. Astbury was wide open directly in front. Not the team play Hardwick wants and he didn't do much at all tonight anyway, not even 1 touch in Q1.

With Graham playing pretty well in the ruck I think it's time to give Vickery a rest, or more game time at Coburg, give big Jaffa a run to see how he goes. Given he was offering the same or more at Coburg as Graham was, who knows what he'll do at AFL.

I didn't see King make any blunders, I saw a lovely weighted pass from him that had me stunned it was him, plus his man Davey didn't do a lot
Astbury only just came back in from a rest, so no problem in keeping him in

So for me, it'd be
Out - Farmer (susp), Nahas, Vickery
In - Tambling, Browne & 3rd depends on matchups

Out Vickery and farmer
In browne and polo

ps simmo should never play again. rather have polak in the ruck than simmo

Out: Farmer, Vickery, Nahas,
If "autumn leaves" Rance plays, keep him on a hff. Bloody midfielder meh! He must have marbles for studs.

Out: Vickery, Farmer, King, Nahas
In: Browne, Polak, Collins, Morton

We need some SIZE in our team.

Half of Richmond's team tonight consisted Foley, Cousins, Edwards, Newman, Webberley, White, King, Nahas, Farmer, Nason.
FFS, how hard is it to make a change for next week!

For the sake of our team and my sanity could we please delist McGuane - it doesn't matter about structure at this point as he is killing us with his terrible skills and decision making - worst footballer I have evere seen, totally and utterly useless.

Add Tuck in there too with McGuane. He had about 28 touches and 20 would have been to Essendon's advantage - either he plays forward or doesn't as he is foul.

GEDS1 said:
For the sake of our team and my sanity could we please delist McGuane - it doesn't matter about structure at this point as he is killing us with his terrible skills and decision making - worst footballer I have evere seen, totally and utterly useless.

Ah, sorry there are worse. I'd go one further than dropping these three players, i'd have their papers stamped: White, Farmer and King. How many chances does White have to show us how useless he is? He should have been delisted two years ago.

Danog said:
Out: Vickery, Farmer, King, Nahas
In: Browne, Polak, Collins, Morton

We need some SIZE in our team.

Port aren't a massive team, we get cut up more by the quick smalls than we do the big guys
That's how Essendon beat us tonight

Outs:

Cousins (im sorry but is finished)
Nahas (not up to AFL standard and way too small.... hope he only signed a 1 year contract)
Farmer (would rather have *smile* than this dud)
Vickery (not up to it yet... useless at this point in his career)
McGuane (GC17 can have him for free plus we'll throw in our 4th round pick)

In:

Polo, Morton, Browne, Polak (one last chance), Tambling