Cats 2003 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cats 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
DiscoStu said:
if there was an ability to hide posts of people that are recidivist "forum cloggers" I'd gladly use it.

Agree DiscoStu, starting by those bananas, they need to be deep fried.

I don't see any difference between MB64's posts deleted for his one word answers and juvenile remarks of the :police: banana's.

geoffryprettyboy, B1 and B2, Ronby, Barnzy, pebsy54, tbartiger, premiers2010, thegdog, Pezza, stripes17, Clinton, DiscoStu, Streak, Jason King and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Look how many people now are interested in nothing B1..

B2

Make way please
Stand back
There's nothing to see

It's Sargent Ocker and Senior constable DiscoStu of the fun police :police:

I love the way you hate any humour but by posting on the thread you bump it back to the top for all to see.

Like a lot of policemen your too full of your own importance

premiers2010 said:
Make way please
Stand back
There's nothing to see

It's Sargent Ocker and Senior constable DiscoStu of the fun police :police:

I love the way you hate any humour but by posting on the thread you bump it back to the top for all to see.

Like a lot of policemen your too full of your own importance
Anyone want to talk about football topics?

It's the sad decline of this once fantastic website that I object to.

The B1/B2 it is just the most recent example - and it won't be told, so that goes into the too hard basket. To think this B1/B2 thing is 41 years old, if the profile is accurate. Amazing.

I think, like me, other regular viewers of this forum - if not regular posters - are going elsewhere for their football news primarily because there is a vocal minority here who believe that a) they are funny, b) they are 'adding' to the value of PRE.

Well, I can only speak for myself, I joined this site as it was a one-stop-shop for all Richmond news. The signal to noise ratio was in check. There were funny posts being made - and nobody cared much.

But, in recent times, there are too many Crusty the Clown-wannabes. This B1/B2 stuff is intolerably, especially bad. It was mildly amusing once - but there is only one punchline and we've heard it a few thousand times now. Move on, dude, we get it.

If I can editorialise a bit, PRE is tired. It needs an opt-in, account-specific poster-filter so people like B1/B2 can filter out people like me - and people like me (who come here for football news/discussion) can filter out the noise, like B1/B2's "inane, repetitive, one-dimensional, so-called-comedy routine".

Not being personal here, just trying to make a point amongst all the "hilarity".

~stu
:afro

DiscoStu said:
...PRE is tired. It needs an opt-in, account-specific poster-filter so people like B1/B2 can filter out people like me - and people like me (who come here for football news/discussion) can filter out the noise, like B1/B2's "inane, repetitive, one-dimensional, so-called-comedy routine"....

Stu I agree 100%. Too much name-calling and non-funny comedy.

People like us who want to talk RFC issues need a place to. I think Rosy is up to this challenge (based on her awesome record to date)!

Jeepers take it easy Stuballs.
I take it that you have read all of our posts and conclude that all 2200 posts are "inane, repetitive, one-dimensional, so-called-comedy routine".
Please read again, yep many are, and surely with our on field results over the years a bit of fun is required.
It has been pointed out ad nauseum by Rosy this is a family site and welcomes all.
This includes the young, the old, the serious footy talkers, the non-serious footy talkers, the Game for a Laugh posters, the Quiz posters.
If you object so strongly to us stop posting in the topic and let it die its own death.

I have to make mention (again) that I started this topic as a serious footy discussion and you in Post#13 started the pettiness

Totally amazes me how you think you are speaking on behalf of the rest of the forum.

To think others have moved on from PRE because of us is laughable, more to do with negative posters about the players I would have thought.

Banana’s shall not change.

B1 and B2

PS: We're moving to the Banners now.

DiscoStu said:
It's the sad decline of this once fantastic website that I object to.

The B1/B2 it is just the most recent example - and it won't be told, so that goes into the too hard basket. To think this B1/B2 thing is 41 years old, if the profile is accurate. Amazing.

I think, like me, other regular viewers of this forum - if not regular posters - are going elsewhere for their football news primarily because there is a vocal minority here who believe that a) they are funny, b) they are 'adding' to the value of PRE.

Well, I can only speak for myself, I joined this site as it was a one-stop-shop for all Richmond news. The signal to noise ratio was in check. There were funny posts being made - and nobody cared much.

But, in recent times, there are too many Crusty the Clown-wannabes. This B1/B2 stuff is intolerably, especially bad. It was mildly amusing once - but there is only one punchline and we've heard it a few thousand times now. Move on, dude, we get it.

If I can editorialise a bit, PRE is tired. It needs an opt-in, account-specific poster-filter so people like B1/B2 can filter out people like me - and people like me (who come here for football news/discussion) can filter out the noise, like B1/B2's "inane, repetitive, one-dimensional, so-called-comedy routine".

Not being personal here, just trying to make a point amongst all the "hilarity".

~stu

As been said, if you don't like it don't post or just ignore it. Plenty of people like B1/B2's antics (me for one). Geez, it's a forum where everyone can express themselves on whatever they want and however they like to and take it easy amongst other Tiger faithful, not a prison.

Or better yet, don't come back to the site if you don't like it.

B1 and B2 said:
Yeah B1 spot on.

(Bartel, Ling, Corey, Scarlett, Chapman, Enright, Harley etc etc)

(Polo, King, Tuck, McGuane, Thompson, White, McMahon etc.. etc..)

Looks SAME!! to me.

B2

Maybe its me Bananas, but I just dont get this post and find the self-dialogue thing REALLY irritating. Leysy days second person shtick I can dig, I enjoyed the United States of Tara, but the bananas talking to each other is getting to me. Anyway, enough of the multiple personal attacks. I've also missed the point in the above post. If it is sarcasm, its getting SO overused and annoying on PRE

Shouldnt it read

Bartel, Ling, Corey, Scarlett, Chapman, Enright, Harley

= Chimp, Martin, Lids, Thursty, TT, JR and TV?

I like the thread and apologise if Ive missed the point of your post/schtick and have incorrectly vented my frustration on you, but the banal sarcasm (check out the 'pick 2 tigers from the past thread' craig ednie and steven jurica ha ha ha ha ) on PRE is really shitting me off.

B1 and B2 said:
<snip>

Banana’s shall not change.

B1 and B2

FFS Dude - it is not that difficult.

You are posting your B1/B2 tripe in Dyer-Tribe: Discuss the Mighty Tigers, AFL, and anything football related.

Where your "comedy" should probably reside is: GAME FOR A LAUGH: A lighter look at the football world. Parodies, jokes, poetry, skits etc.

But there is no audience for your wit there, so you force it in here - where football talk is supposed to take place.

I am speaking for myself only. I wish PRE would allow me filter out your rubbish in Dyer-Tribe. That I would miss the rare football related gem you happen to post would simply be tragic collateral damage.

Don't take it personally - just reflect on what I'm saying for a moment. Ask yourself:
  • I wonder if other people still think, after all this time, that this B1/B2 stuff is funny?
  • Would it be more appropriate if I instead posted this stuff a forum other than Dyer-Tribe?
  • Do I read posts and, instead of considering the merit of the football-related discussion, do I instead immediately wonder "how can I reply as my B1 persona, how can I reply as my B2 persona?"?

You have the power to make a change - but you won't. And that is a sad thing, from my perspective, for PRE.

~stu

DiscoStu said:
FFS Dude - it is not that difficult.

You are posting your B1/B2 tripe in Dyer-Tribe: Discuss the Mighty Tigers, AFL, and anything football related.

Where your "comedy" should probably reside is: GAME FOR A LAUGH: A lighter look at the football world. Parodies, jokes, poetry, skits etc.

But there is no audience for your wit there, so you force it in here - where football talk is supposed to take place.

I am speaking for myself only. I wish PRE would allow me filter out your rubbish in Dyer-Tribe. That I would miss the rare football related gem you happen to post would simply be tragic collateral damage.

Don't take it personally - just reflect on what I'm saying for a moment. Ask yourself:
  • I wonder if other people still think, after all this time, that this B1/B2 stuff is funny?
  • Would it be more appropriate if I instead posted this stuff a forum other than Dyer-Tribe?
  • Do I read posts and, instead of considering the merit of the football-related discussion, do I instead immediately wonder "how can I reply as my B1 persona, how can I reply as my B2 persona?"?

You have the power to make a change - but you won't. And that is a sad thing, from my perspective, for PRE.

~stu

I'm with you afro brother

Barnzy said:
Or better yet, don't come back to the site if you don't like it.

That's exactly my point, bro.

If I didn't care - I'd simply leave. Like many others have already. I do care - so I had my say.

Whether I stay or go will depend on whether PRE gets back to what it once was, or the inmates running the asylum realise that they are not the reason many of us signed up here in the first place.

can we ban sarcasm Rosy? It started a couple of years ago with the

in: Hyde
out: Tivendale

gag but has gathered momentum and gotten a bit over the top. BTW Bananas, GREAT thread, really opened up a can of worms on censorship, personal expression, public space etc. (no im not being sarcastic!). Can we move this to the politics etc forum Rosy and continue, I think its a dialogue that PRE has to have!

tigergollywog said:
can we ban sarcasm Rosy? It started a couple of years ago with the

in: Hyde
out: Tivendale

gag but has gathered momentum and gotten a bit over the top. BTW Bananas, GREAT thread, really opened up a can of worms on censorship, personal expression, public space etc. (no im not being sarcastic!). Can we move this to the politics etc forum Rosy and continue, I think its a dialogue that PRE has to have!

Agreed Golly,
The thread did start as a legitimate footy topic and was denegerated by lets face it - DiscoStu with his personal attack.
If he had written about the topic we wouldn't be here.
But agree it's not a bad topic to discuss elsewhere.

B1

Status
Not open for further replies.