Caro [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Caro [Merged]

waiting since 80

simply The Boss!
Aug 9, 2009
avondale heights
Footy classified is going to be painful for our Richmond girl (who's chooses not to be a member) tomorrow night. I mean what is she and Garrrry going to talk about now that we are not going to compared to Fiztroy of 64 who went winless that season?.

OK she could have a another crack at Ben Cousins form over the weekend.... oh wait a minute he played well did'nt he.

Perhaps she might go with the old favourites like.... Port lost Dean Bogan before the game, and serveral Port players got injured during the game therefore had a limited bench for their rotations?
Or maybe the trip back from Darwin had the Port boys tired for the game and the wet weather made it even harder for them?

Maybe just maybe she'll put away the Richmond Voo Doo Doll this week and not say anything? or maybe she wont be able to contain herself and say " i thought that the Richmond players sang the song with too much Gusto after just one win"!.

Looking forward to monday night 10:35pm ;).

Re: Caro injured?

If you can't tell that Caro is a pretty passionate Richmond supporter then you're blind.

She'll be wrapped with win.

I don't throw Caro in the category as a richmond basher, she definitely does criticise the club but usually (not always) she has a pretty good point. We've been a failure for 30 years, she's a journo with very close Richmond ties and would know a fair bit more than the average journo about the inner sanctum of the club. I'm sure she loved seeing us win, she still flies the flag when she needs to for the tiges.

You guys are kidding are'nt you?....why the sudden love for Caro ???, if she loved the club as much as you think she does why does'nt she buy a membership?... I'm sure she can afford it.

As for sticking up for us, show me an article or a link/podcast and i'll shut up! Richo/Browny stick up for us more than Wilson and they get nowhere as much Air time/ Print time.

If you want a fair non bias report on Richmond from a Richmond supporter jurno positve or not John Ralph from The Hun does it without bring up rubbish from years gone by that has been recycled 100 times.

Kevin Sheedy cares for us too ::)

waiting since 80 said:
You guys are kidding are'nt you?....why the sudden love for Caro ???, if she loved the club as much as you think she does why does'nt she buy a membership?... I'm sure she can afford it.

As for sticking up for us, show me an article or a link/podcast and i'll shut up! Richo/Browny stick up for us more than Wilson and they get nowhere as much Air time/ Print time.

If you want a fair non bias report on Richmond from a Richmond supporter jurno positve or not John Ralph from The Hun does it without bring up rubbish from years gone by that has been recycled 100 times.

No love for Caro from me, but no hate either...just calling it as I see it mate. I've probably watched nearly every episode of footy classified since it started and there's been plenty of times that Caro has been positive about the tiges. Im not saying she's some angel journo, but there's no way in hell she'd be sitting back hoping the club fails yet again.

It's also her prerogative if she wants to buy a membership, as a member of 18 years I still don't believe membership constitutes that you love a club anymore or any less.

I like how Caro goes for Eddie's throat whenever she can...a few more Pie losses and I look forward to her ripping Eddie and Mick

Don't worry WS80, Caro doesn't watch the footy, she's purely a football politics reporter, hence why I like footy classifieds when they talk actual football matters, as I know she won't be involved in the conversation as she knows nothing about the players, game plans etc..

Phar Ace said:
Worse things around than Caro to get all steamed up about - get a life!
Hes got a right to get steamed up over whatever he likes
and what you have a *smile* life do ya?

Baloo said:
If you can't tell that Caro is a pretty passionate Richmond supporter then you're blind.

She'll be wrapped with win.
She's a passionette Richmond basher also

marsinvenus said:
Hes got a right to get steamed up over whatever he likes
and what you have a *smile*en life do ya?

But getting steamed up over Caro. EEEWWWW. :hihi

Something about the thought of that makes me feel very weird.

Phar Ace said:
Worse things around than Caro to get all steamed up about - get a life!

Hey Phar lap i'm not getting steamed up, im just curious to see what Mrs Wilson is going talk about tommorrow night now that we are no longer Fitzroy of 1964.

Maybe she and Scrutchy will scrounge thruogh some bins to find something? might even find a membership that has been thrown away by some discruntled supporter.

Oh by the way i have a life.....Do you?

Caro does tend to write about the politics and management issues of the game. If she didn't point the finger at Richmond after we've been the worst performing club for 30 years or so, she's probably not doing her job.

Streak said:
Out of interest, how do we know she doesn't?

Hey Streak, about 2 weeks ago on 3AW Sports Tonight with Healy and Russell a caller was asking Caro to ease up on the negative stories about the club and so on and that she replied that she was just stating facts Bla Bla Bla and she is a Richmond girl and her daughter barracked for Richmond. Her hubby and son were Essendon supporters, then Gerard ask Caro was she a member?... her respose was.... im not a member of any club!

Anyway there is a forum on this subject somewhere here (PRE) were some stuck up for her and others found it poor taste she was'nt, considering you have guys like Dermie who buys a membership from every Victorian club to give back something to the clubs that earnt a living from playing against them.
Sorry i've probably gone off track a bit and explained too much.

antman said:
Caro does tend to write about the politics and management issues of the game. If she didn't point the finger at Richmond after we've been the worst performing club for 30 years or so, she's probably not doing her job.

The 30 years of underperforming stories have been done to death!.... yes though true it's not Gale and Hardwick's fault so give them a chance!, only last week she had a crack at us (on radio) for letting go Carl Peterson saying why did we move him on etc, etc, after his game against us,when only too well she know that Carl was losing his way after football hours :-[ i think it was Kingy (David) who said "Caro you know why he was let go".

Caro is on the list, but a bit further down than the other media Richmond kickers ! Dwayne Russell, Brian Taylor, Anthony Hudson, Robert Walls and Andy Maher deserve our bile before Caro !

waiting since 80 said:
Hey Streak, about 2 weeks ago on 3AW Sports Tonight with Healy and Russell a caller was asking Caro to ease up on the negative stories about the club and so on and that she replied that she was just stating facts Bla Bla Bla and she is a Richmond girl and her daughter barracked for Richmond. Her hubby and son were Essendon supporters, then Gerard ask Caro was she a member?... her respose was.... im not a member of any club!

Anyway there is a forum on this subject somewhere here (PRE) were some stuck up for her and others found it poor taste she was'nt, considering you have guys like Dermie who buys a membership from every Victorian club to give back something to the clubs that earnt a living from playing against them.
Sorry i've probably gone off track a bit and explained too much.

Thanks for that. Bit weak there Caro.

Dermie might have risen very slightly in my estimation. Not much though.