Biased commmentary teams........ | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Biased commmentary teams........

not only did the walls constantly bag us, the umpires were giving essendon a free ride, the Greg Brady look-a-like gave watson 3 free kicks straight in the centre before the bounce.
what happened to hands in the back? flecther on ashbury? ryder on thursfield?
not only are we *smile*, but it doesn't help that every decision by the umpires last nite went to essendon.
Walls is a rotten commentator, that throat clearing makes me sick and his bull *smile* comments about players that he knows nothing about.

I did not hear the commentators as l was at the game..

But Really I hate Walls as he is simply not over his sacking...

And for Lloyd, well you can see why non Richmond fans love Richo...

Have a listen how Richo talks now on the media... Chalk & Cheese...

B2...

forget the commentary ch 10 need to lose the football all together give it back to 9 ffs better yet give it to sbs or abc might even see games live if your in the country/regional areas

Tigion said:
better yet give it to sbs or abc might even see games live if your in the country/regional areas

I think the AFL should give the ABC or SBS replay rights at the very least - it's give us all a chance to actually see every game then :mad:

Still don't buy Ch9 doing the right thing when they have so much invested into Thugby - at some point it becomes a confilict of interest........................ but, it can't be much worse than Ch7 efforts. Ch10 have at least met their commitments interstate better than anyone else would (especially Ch9 my friends)

Having Lloyd commentate Essendon games is as bad as having Eddie doing Pies games, he clearly knew very little about any of the Richmond players but was happy to go on and on about the Bombers players.

Robert Walls was relevant once, I am having trouble remembering when that was....

Walls' one decent comment was when he suggested Jack would have a good shot at getting the TV for BOG, Lloyd sounded all confused as if Walls was taking the p!ss by suggesting anybody but a Bombers player had any chance at all.

Anybody stay up long enough to see who Lloyd gave the telly too?

Ty Esler said:
Having Lloyd commentate Essendon games is as bad as having Eddie doing Pies games, he clearly knew very little about any of the Richmond players but was happy to go on and on about the Bombers players.
No way, Lloyd was way worse than Eddie. Eddie had his moments but stayed pretty professional, Lloyd was a disgrace and unashamed of his bias either.

linuscambridge said:
Anybody stay up long enough to see who Lloyd gave the telly too?
Hille and although he had a great game, he wasn't up against much so had a bit of a free ride.

ZeroGame said:
No way, Lloyd was way worse than Eddie. Eddie had his moments but stayed pretty professional, Lloyd was a disgrace and unashamed of his bias either.

I almost feel guilty at how much I enjoyed seeing Eddie and his kids look miserable on Friday night.....almost

Thought they were actaully pretty complimentary of Riewoldt & Deledio. As well as pumping Martin's & Cotchin's tyres.

We've lost 9 straight people, of course they are going to find negatives. Some just hear what they don't want to it seems.

Freezer said:
Easy solution.

Exactly.

Ronby said:
Trouble with all the ****heads in the media - they will probably all jump on board once we start winning and all claim that they were the ones that saw it coming when we do.

I honestly can't think of one commentator I actually enjoy listening to.

They all love to put us down and kick the boots in - even when we are not playing!

Wallsy and Quartermain took great delight in referring to a schulz clanger in a recent Port game as a "Richmond Kick"

All the former Tiger coaches/players seem to be among the worse - Walls & B Taylor spring to mind.

Not that he's a commentator but Shane Crawford is one of a very few journos I have time for, he's definitely a Richmond sympathiser and knows (first hand from his time at hawthorn) what Hardwick is trying to do with our list. Still if these commentators can't stay professional it's their problem to deal with.

Just watching the replay of this weeks game and the ball goes into our forward 50

Astbury and Fletcher compete, Fletcher marks, clear hands in the back on Astbury, they replay it and Walls says
'It was hands in the back but I'm glad they didn't pay it'

Ball goes down the other end, Davey gets the ball, dives and handballs, falls into Lids arm, high contact given, Both Walls and Lloyd say
'yes it was there'

So was the hands in the back on Astbury, muppets :mad:

People on this website are so angry at the team's performance that they are now taking out their frustrations on commentators.

The only thing I have seen this year that is sub-standard is the effort from the Richmond players. Everything else is secondary...

Spanish Prisoner said:
People on this website are so angry at the team's performance that they are now taking out their frustrations on commentators.

The only thing I have seen this year that is sub-standard is the effort from the Richmond players. Everything else is secondary...
Hawthorn has been pretty sub standard also. Can't balme injuries either, as the majority of the 2008 premiership side is playing. That's got to annoy you a little bit SP.
I know the PRE forum is the best going round, but you really should try and hang around your own teams forum for a while.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Really? This guy (Christian Bock) is in his third year at Essendon.

bock.jpg

This picture is over 2 years old could even be 3, he's definitely added size now and when I saw him I was surprised at how much he actually packed on.

Tiger_4_Life said:
This picture is over 2 years old could even be 3, he's definitely added size now and when I saw him I was surprised at how much he actually packed on.
You're kidding right. Just saw a number of photos of him during 2010 pre season. He aint bulked up much at all. Still painfully thin. Tyrone is massive by comparison.

Bulked up. :rofl

Thanx for telling me to turn the volume down, that really helps when I would like to hear an impartial commentary on the state of play occuring on the field while I watch the sport I love....without a two second difference if I listen to the radio.

The fact is that the telecast is a product and as a consumer of this product, if I find it substandard (as many others do) I feel the need to complain about it (which I have). The way I see it if you don't complain then nothing happens, it doesn't change. If you p!ss and moan then you have the slightest chance of making a difference.

And before you tell me to whinge to CH10 ..... I already have, but I like to spread my whinges far and wide ;D