Basketball | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Basketball

Giddey should have gone to the Spurs where Wemby would make up for his colossal defensive shortcomings and where they lack playmakers. The drive and lob to Wemby would have been unstoppable.

I really enjoyed the doco. Recommended to those that love the game. Some great grainy old footage and covers the development of the game in Victoria and Australia.

Brought back lots of great memories of Albert Park stadium days too. My family has been involved in basketball since my dad played for Victoria in the 1950's. My older brother also played for Victoria and in a winning State Championship team as an 18 year old in 1968.

Andrew Gaze best ever Australian player IMHO.

(Only downside of doco was the appearance of John Howard.)
Loved watching Gaze. He hit the floor real hard one night. After he was bandaged up and probably had concussion he shot 14 points for the quarter I think.

Reactions: 1 user
Great get by the Knicks - if they can keep Anunoby too then they’ll push the Celtics for sure. My Sixers are going to need to pull a rabbit out of a hat to catch them. I’d have preferred Bridges over George or Ingram as an option coming into the team.

Great get by the Knicks - if they can keep Anunoby too then they’ll push the Celtics for sure. My Sixers are going to need to pull a rabbit out of a hat to catch them. I’d have preferred Bridges over George or Ingram as an option coming into the team.
Definitely a good get. They paid a lot tho.
George could be a FA, while Ingrams suggested price seems to be a couple of 1st rd picks.

Definitely a good get. They paid a lot tho.
George could be a FA, while Ingrams suggested price seems to be a couple of 1st rd picks.
True. But the Knicks still have a stack of first round picks in the coming years- the deal for Bridges didn’t get close to emptying their stockpile. He’s 27 and was runner up for DPOY a couple of years ago. Still - to be a genuine contender they need to get Anunoby back. Hartenstein on top of that would be perfect.

Johnny Furphy doesn’t get a first round call up. Disappointed for him. Lots of mature players with his skill sets taken by teams that need instant production instead. Should be picked up in the second round - and will be given time to mature in the G League or even the NBL (hopefully). He’ll make a decent pro - if he’s hungry enough.

Reactions: 1 users
Johnny Furphy doesn’t get a first round call up. Disappointed for him. Lots of mature players with his skill sets taken by teams that need instant production instead. Should be picked up in the second round - and will be given time to mature in the G League or even the NBL (hopefully). He’ll make a decent pro - if he’s hungry enough.

Reckon Furphy should have sat this year out and focussed on crushing it in college, while putting serious work in at the gym.

Should be a first rounder on talent.

Reckon Furphy should have sat this year out and focussed on crushing it in college, while putting serious work in at the gym.

Should be a first rounder on talent.
Spot on. One of those kids that need to grow into their body. Just a very immature physique right now. Tremendous upside.

Gone to the Pacers in the second round. Won’t get a look in there for a playing spot on the roster for several years. Pick swap with the Spurs. Damn - he would’ve done better staying in Wembyville.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Spot on. One of those kids that need to grow into their body. Just a very immature physique right now. Tremendous upside.

Gone to the Pacers in the second round. Won’t get a look in there for a playing spot on the roster for several years. Pick swap with the Spurs. Damn - he would’ve done better staying in Wembyville.
I guess he and his "people" figure he best take the chance while he can- a bad year in college, or an injury- a he might never get the chance to enter the NBA again.

Hopefully he plays a lot of G-League, rather than sitting on the bench for a couple of years getting garbage time.

Not what a lot of pundits thought closer to the action than you and I thought. You must have some inside intel.
Nuh, it's just my perception whenever the Jayhawks were shown on ESPN through our summer. Small man syndrome and just shoots 3 pointers most of the time. Can't see much defence on him.

Dyson Daniels off to the Hawks, as part of a trade that has sent Murray to the Pels. Depending what other moves the Hawks make it could be a good career move for Daniels as it could open up playing time for him.