Arnot & Mcdonough delisted | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Arnot & Mcdonough delisted

tigertime2 said:
Bad luck guys hope you keep positive and find a new home.
Arnott doesn't surprise me. McDonough does a little, though. I can't help feeling that he was never given a fair go at Richmond.

When you play Newman one season too long it's exactly guys like this that it comes at the expense of. I don't know if either of them would've made it in AFL, but neither does the club.

Both showed promise in my view, but they were never given a fair run at it.

Surprised Gordon and Thomas have survived and Macca hasn't. Seems a strange move as would have thought he could've been the steak knives in a deal with one of the SA clubs. Looking more likely that Lennon will stay though as we wouldn't cut further if we were concerned I would have thought.

I wouldn't be surprised if McDonna gets a go elsewhere and does well. Why recruit a player who dominated games in the juniors at HF, see him play consistently well at mid/HF in the 2's and then when he's not sub for most of his handful of senior games, play him as a HBFer. Great "development".

Matt is a victim of Hardwick pure and simple. Abominable player development.

Barnzy said:
I wouldn't be surprised if McDonna gets a go elsewhere and does well. Why recruit a player who dominated games in the juniors at HF, see him play consistently well at mid/HF in the 2's and then when he's not sub for most of his handful of senior games, play him as a HBFer. Great "development".
i'd be very surprised...

Columbo said:
i'd be very surprised...
Me too. If he was really that good the club would hang onto him long enough to see if they could get anything in a trade. We're not like GWS, so overloaded with young talent that we can afford to let someone like Miles go and not get anything at all in return for him.

McDonough didn't get many chances

Surely Thomas is not still on list - he is 29 by time next season starts

taking up a spot on the list

yes he is a goer but footy has gone past that - he has the worse disposal on our list including the big blokes.

Watched most VFL games this year and yes he got the ball but either butchered the ball or handballed the ball to a team mate in a shocking position

Both players never got a fair go ,no suprise when newman and morris are selected in front of them.

lamb22 said:
Matt is a victim of Hardwick pure and simple. Abominable player development.

I consider him to be a more inside version of Lambert. The four wheel drive version. A muck lover. Lambert isn't going to get a lot better than he is now and when teams notice him and start to apply pressure I expect him to go backwards. But then I have an Arnot bias. I've never fully understoood the love for either Conca or McDonagh. Wrong size and shape for modern footy.

Probably not up to it, but thought Matt Arnot was poorly handled, elevated from rookie to cover Kane Lambert's injury, is brought in for the Melb game - wasn't the worst in a very poor game by the team, gets dropped never to be seen again.

Why elevate a player for one game :spin

A very average footballer with skills that didn't stand up in the seniors.
He should be grateful he got the chance to play at the highest level.

Arnott's the type we need, just not the player we need as his skills aren't up to league football. I'm a bit surprised by Madonna as I thought at worst he could be a steak knives player in any potential trades, especially when involving SA clubs.

Pomsta said:
Arnott's the type we need, just not the player we need as his skills aren't up to league football. I'm a bit surprised by Madonna as I thought at worst he could be a steak knives player in any potential trades, especially when involving SA clubs.

Your right Arnott is the type we need, if you mean big bodied, skilled, midfield running machine. Unfortunately Arnott is none of these things, not his fault but none the less a drawback