Are we going to win the 2024 wooden spoon? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Are we going to win the 2024 wooden spoon?

Are we going to win the 2024 wooden spoon?

• Yes

• No

• Too early to say

• Cheese Sandwich

Results are only viewable after voting.
People need to get the idea out of their heads that to win a flag we need to grow a team as good as our 17-20 version. That was a team that should have won 4 straight, and without injuries could have competed for another in 21/22.

Collingwood last year, the Dees in 2021, or the WEgales did not have a foursome to compete with Dusty, Cotch, Rance and Jack. then they didnt have a 2nd tier of SHEdwards, Grimes, Prestia, Vlastuin etc. The Cats in 2022 probably didnt either. We would have flogged the 2016 Dogs.

We obviously need to get better, but to win our next flag we dont need 4 all time greats, alongside another 4 or 5 who should have been AA each year between 17-20 if the selectors really wanted the best team.
Well put, Brodders.

But you do need a midfielder who is either just about the best in the game (Dion Prestia very underrated) and a bloke who is in the conversation for best player in the game say That #4 who used to be good at football.

Clayton Oliver/Christian Petracca. Elliot Yeo/Luke Shuey. Jordan De Goey/Nick Daicos.

Adequate tall forwards get the job done most years, don't they? But we need prodigies and more than one. And they will be midfielders.

It remains to be seen whether Mills comes up and whether Heeney the Great and Dustin Warner will meet De Goey and the now sound and maturing Daicos this year. And if they do whether they measure up.

But Warner and Heeney are close to the best mids or even players in the game right now. If Mills is sound that might get them over the line in any company. Elite mids in peak form, eh.

Meanwhile spoony spoon spoon. And a warm thanks to Abdullah the Butcher and his conditioning team. And let's pick up some class with say pick #3 in another very compromised draft.

Reactions: 4 users
It's real tight at the top. I mean bottom.

WCE are fielding a side this weekend. Two mids back. Cellar candidate Hawthorn in good form but cruising for a bruising.

Clarkson has knocked Laidlaw out at training to bank another loss. Might still win.

And Yze has promised to rest geriatrics every other week on the road to tank carnage. At last! Some good news! (And you thought Yze was stupid.) I knew he was honest. SRSLY.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
It's real tight at the top. I mean bottom.

WCE are fielding a side this weekend. Two mids back. Cellar candidate Hawthorn in good form but cruising for a bruising.

Clarkson has knocked Laidlaw out at training to bank another loss. Might still win.

And Yze has promised to rest geriatrics every other week on the road to tank carnage. At last! Some good news! (And you thought Yze was stupid.) I knew he was honest. SRSLY.
Hawks are on a roll and within a sniff of the 8. WCE have lost their last 2 at home against struggling Saints and North. Just can't see it unfortunately. Good chance of North's percentage rising above the Tigers this round. Still 9 games to go but that Round 21 game against North is quickly shaping up to be a big one.

Reactions: 3 users
Pretty settled that we're not going to win 4 more games than Adelaide or Saints so 1, 2 or 3 draft pick is ours.

Reactions: 1 user
Game against #Lolnorf looking like it'll be the pick 1 cup all over again. Not sure if I'd prefer us to get the pick or just sag off for pick 2 n let #Lolnorf cop all the ridicule if they pick wrong.

Norf have two very winnable games left and I think they'll win them both.
We have one and a half. Reckon we are a sneaky vs GWS at the G.
Also depending if the Suns peter out or not last round at the G.

We've been smashed 40 points plus 7 out of our last 10 games. We have some easier teams ahead but who can we really see us beating? We have so many holes and we're not overall that young, 8th youngest that played in the weekend. Even North are playing with much more promise and all their last 4 games have been close. We need 2 more wins & West Coast zero to pop above them. They play Demons next week who was who they played in their last win. Demons have only won 2 of last 7 including 3 points against North.

Not looking great to avoid bottom from here but we'll be getting a top 3 for sure. What's top 3 on the draft horizon look like?

were averaging 64 points per game from 15 games. we deserve to be last.
That's what happens without a gun key forward pretty much for the whole season. Any other teams don't have a gun key forward? Pies maybe. They have that pretender Cox who's out injured atm.

We are the only team in the comp that hasn't kicked a triple figure score this year. That is embarrassing and underlines our poor list management of failing to grab or develop a KPF and having to use a makeshift approach.