Andrew Lovett suspended indefinately by Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Lovett suspended indefinately by Saints

mk33

Tiger Champion
Jul 24, 2005
Caulfield
Andrew Lovett in trouble again

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/andrew-lovett-suspended-by-st-kilda/story-e6frf7jo-1225813472122

Essendon Bombers are having good couple of days with this and whats happening at Carlton

I had no time for him at Essendon & less now...... Thank God we were not serious in looking at picking him.

jimbob said:
I had no time for him at Essendon & less now...... Thank God we were not serious in looking at picking him.
A recruiting blunder of the highest order by the Saints.

It's funny because they passed on Ben Cousins on the basis he wouldn't be able to turn his behaviour around.

Now they end up with Lovett, after missing the premiership (*cough* Cuz *cough*) who can't be controlled.

Funny how things turn out.

I find the AFL's position on all this staggering. They preach about their moral high ground and how low life the rugby culture is yet if the Carlton players or Lovett were playing NRL they would have already been suspended by their clubs or the NRL. And still they do nothing about the Fevola/Crown incident.

Let's just hope none of the Richmond players are this idiotic.

mb64 said:

Especially considering the draft pick the Bombers received from the Saints.

jb03 said:
I find the AFL's position on all this staggering. They preach about their moral high ground and how low life the rugby culture is yet if the Carlton players or Lovett were playing NRL they would have already been suspended by their clubs or the NRL. And still they do nothing about the Fevola/Crown incident.
Exactly,has the AFL made any comments?

mb64 said:

Let's see how his career at the Saints pans out first I reckon. Not a great start, but if he ends up with a premiership medallion around his neck this will quickly be forgotten.

rockstar_tiger said:
It's funny because they passed on Ben Cousins on the basis he wouldn't be able to turn his behaviour around.

Now they end up with Lovett, after missing the premiership (*cough* Cuz *cough*) who can't be controlled.

Funny how things turn out.

I still laugh at that decision, then shake my head in wonder at the lovett recruitment.

By indefinate, I take it to mean 1 training session? Or would they be fair dinkum?

Only allegations at this stage, but trouble seems to find this bloke with regular monotony.

Dare say that his career is all but over.

This idiot, and those peanut brains at Carlton only serve to prove that today's players are a bunch of over-rated, over-paid pampered primadonas. Unfortunately this will not change and will only get worse.

When it comes to these sort of things, you dont know what to believe.

Either way, this is the baggage that came with Lovett, great player, but there is no way the saints could say they didnt expect him to step out of line.

Great recruit......if he ever gets on the field, he may help them win a game or two. The Saints window is closing by the day rather than the year!

Disco Stu said:
Let's see how his career at the Saints pans out first I reckon. Not a great start, but if he ends up with a premiership medallion around his neck this will quickly be forgotten.

He may not get a game, let alone a premiership.

Legends of 1980 said:
I still laugh at that decision, then shake my head in wonder at the lovett recruitment.

By indefinate, I take it to mean 1 training session? Or would they be fair dinkum?

Suspended indefinitely means ' lets see how the public reacts first'

tannerztigers said:
Big stuff up by St. Kilda. Correct me if I am wrong, but did they sign him for three-four years?
3?,they would be probably able to terminate it already.