2024 - List Management | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 - List Management

Normally I agree with you TDog.
But we arent tilting for finals anyway. If or when Nank goes down we have Ryan and Kosi as backup.
Kosi? Yeah to stand there and make a contest.

Keep the list spot for a kid.
When Lynch retires we can get a ruck backup
We need another competitive ruckman- hopefully 2025 is the year Ryan takes a leap, but a club needs 3 rucks, and with potentially a few 19yos going through the centre square we need to give them a chance to get their hands on the ball.

Edit- by competitive i would be looking for a 25yo not getting a game, or playing state league somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Cats & Pies looking to regenerate on the fly with seasoned players over draft picks..
Meanwhile we're losing our best 25-27 year olds years olds & hoarding a treasure trove of speculation.
Not saying either is the correct play but will be interesting to see which strategy is most effective over the next 5 years.

We already tried the first way and failed miserably , now we're trying the other option. Lets see how those other clubs go when Tassie are having their way with the draft.

Last edited:
Cats & Pies looking to regenerate on the fly with seasoned players over draft picks..
Meanwhile we're losing our best 25-27 year olds years olds & hoarding a treasure trove of speculation.
Not saying either is the correct play but will be interesting to see which strategy is most effective over the next 5 years.
Moggies been regenerating on the fly for 20 bloody years with barely a hiccup. Might have only won the one flag in recent years, but the pricks are always contending.
Colonwood don't have much choice but to try n regen on the fly. Bugger all early picks this year n still got a heap of old codgers shuffling along. If they get it wrong this next couple of years, they'll be in for a world of future hurt.

Our lists are balanced differently.

Until we can juggle a salary cap the way Geelong does, we'll never be them. Dangerfield, Cameron, Stewart, Hawkins there big name, big pay players.
Blicavs, Guthrie, Duncan, Tony, Stengle.
Not really a huge amount of players pulling big dollars there I'd have thought.

Until we can juggle a salary cap the way Geelong does, we'll never be them. Dangerfield, Cameron, Stewart, Hawkins there big name, big pay players.
That's why I said the other day teams need to start bearing down on them more. They sit quietly away down there, off Broadway, and nobody turns the pressure up on them.

Someone should be making a massive offer to De Koning. He's gettable. Make one to Holmes, Miers and co. too.

You hardly ever hear of a Geelong player being made a Godfather offer that's too good to refuse like every other club has to deal with.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
That's why I said the other day teams need to start bearing down on them more. They sit quietly away down there, off Broadway, and nobody turns the pressure up on them.

Someone should be making a massive offer to De Koning. He's gettable. Make one to Holmes, Miers and co. too.

You hardly ever hear of a Geelong player being made a Godfather offer that's too good to ignore like every other club has to deal with.
They are a cult. Although Stewart is a *smile*.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
De Koning the one, can't fathom him not getting a game.

Surely North or going full Norf and trying to pry him loose.

We don't have farms to offer instead of pay

We can't sell house and land packages like they can.

We need another competitive ruckman- hopefully 2025 is the year Ryan takes a leap, but a club needs 3 rucks, and with potentially a few 19yos going through the centre square we need to give them a chance to get their hands on the ball.

Edit- by competitive i would be looking for a 25yo not getting a game, or playing state league somewhere.
Agree we *normally* need another ruck.
But yer know next year will be smilehouse, so lets stick it out with Kosi.
Whats the worst that happens? We are uncompetitive in the ruck? There are multiple gift goals from the ruck dominance.
Nank will play 15. Ryan plays the rest.
Kosi will contest as the injury backup.
If Nank is long term injured we pick one up msd.

In the meantime we dedicate the list spot for another tall forward.
We are overloaded now but all bar Lynch are uncertain.
Lets pick up a Whitlock and Faull.
Then get a ruck or two in 25

I'll see you and raise you Cotchin, Martin, Rance, Riewoldt, Edwards, Vlustuin, Balta, Bolton etc

Times have changed mate, more intel on players. Talent spotters watching games around Australia. U18 championships. This draft is deep full of talent, predominately mids. It's a number game, the more first-rounders we have most likely we will have more hits than misses.
I really hope you’re right, but…
Is there evidence that through the AFL there are less 1st round busts between 2014-2023 than 2004-2014…? Perhaps but I can’t be bothered checking it out.
But there are still busts

Tigers want to start looking at recruiting local players from Victoria. Too many pull the "want to go home to mommy & daddy " plea. Surely there is plenty of Vics to fill our squad.

• Dislike