2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Murphy Reid.
Is it just me but he reminds me of Christian Salem and Jarrod Rivers.
Good footy brain. Can get it and uses it well. Comfortable in heavy traffic, could cross the street in Saigon.
But not fast and not athletic. Not a contest monster.

So most likely finds a home on the back flank.

And he's a tiger supporter (y)

Reactions: 1 user
Dont think we can. Maybe 2. Not 3.

One would have to slide to pick 6.

Actually just thought of a scenario posting in the draft thread.

West Coast pay Graham enough to warrant Band 1 compo.

Then hand over Baker and Bolton for pick 3.

We end up with Picks 1, 2 & 3.
2 things:
1: some of us have been discussing the band 1 compo for Graham for weeks. ( or at least a day or 2.)
2: North's pick? Pick 2 compo pushes the WEagles pick to 4, so we would have to figure out which of the 3 they don't want. Or trade pick 6 (8) and something for pick 3.
Then we have 1,2,3&4.

We cloths then trade pick 4 to the Saints, giving us 1,2 3, 8 &9. Works for me.

2 things:
1: some of us have been discussing the band 1 compo for Graham for weeks. ( or at least a day or 2.)
2: North's pick? Pick 2 compo pushes the WEagles pick to 4, so we would have to figure out which of the 3 they don't want. Or trade pick 6 (8) and something for pick 3.
Then we have 1,2,3&4.

Sue me Brodders for copyright. :)

Offer picks 6 & 10 for pick 2.

2 things:
Then we have 1,2,3&4.

Sorry but I think there’s no way in hell the AFL would give us pick 2 as compo. Wouldn’t matter if Graham was offered a million a year the AFL would find a way in their secret herbs and spices to downgrade the compo

Reactions: 1 users

TOP PICKS ON TABLE

NORTH Melbourne's No.2 pick and West Coast's No.3 selection are on the table as trade chips as clubs contemplate moves up the draft board.

The Roos have been open to splitting the pick for another top-10 selection and a future first-round choice, while the Eagles have dangled their top choice in a mix of trade possibilities as they look to boost their draft hand whilst also securing trade target Liam Baker.

Clubs are aware of both options, with the evenness of the 2024 crop meaning those with early selections are looking at ways to add more capital to their draft hands.

North is also among the clubs to have put forward its future first-round pick to try to buy back into this year's top-end, with the selection also on the table as the Roos chase Port Adelaide star Dan Houston.

Riley Beveridge and Cal Twomey provide the latest trade and free agency updates on day four of Trade Desk Live
The Eagles have placed pick three in the trade mix, with a number of clubs eyeing ways to include the selection as part of deals that send players different ways.

With Gold Coast having pick No.6 on the table for Daniel Rioli, and the out-of-contract Baker wanting to join the Eagles, the possibility of pick No.3 being involved in in a mix that would see the Eagles get a pick go back their way and be able to land Baker has also been raised.

But other avenues to split the pick into multiple choices also exist, particularly with the Eagles set on pick 14 from the Hawks coming their way as part of the Tom Barrass deal.

St Kilda looms as a target for clubs looking to slide back or trade up the board after the Saints nabbed pick No.8 for their Josh Battle free agency compensation, giving them picks No.7 and 8.

Offer picks 6 & 10 for pick 2.

No way smokin', thats giving up too much in an even draft.

If we had 1, 3, 6, 10, 11 that's crazy! But I would give up 10 & 11 (if Bolton chooses freo) for pick 2

Heck, we should be able to manipulate to get pick 2 through Graham Compo just got to get the Eagles to pay 900K over 5 years and we hand over Bolton and Baker + 32 for 3 & 26. Even if we have to pay some of Bolton's or Baker's wages to offset the Graham 900K. We need to get creative.

* Bolton I know is favouring Freo but with Mini and Bakes now at the Eagles, and potentially Graham, he could be swayed to join them.

We could have picks 1, 2 (compo), 4 (eagles), 6, 13 (GC hopefully),

Or if its a no go with the eagles to pay graham 900K. Then go to my earlier option which is still great for us. Bolton to Freo for picks 10&11 and we hand it over to North for Pick 2.

We would then have picks, 1, 2, 6, 13

Not including other potential later first-round picks

Last edited:
Just on Donut Guts. That's a terrific name. But Thomastown and Epping are good too. How about -

1728120464619.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Do a deal with WCE. You can have Baker for less. We'll pay his salary. But WCE offer Jack Graham a Josh Battle contract. AFL is supposed to but sure as hell will look for a way to get out of having to then gives us pick 2 compo.

There. Fixed that one for you. :))

Nar Nar Goon doesn't want to be left out of considerations...
Nar Nar Goon of Fortune, K3. That's got legs but probably not for Donut Guts. FOS is from down that way.

I better stop hijacking the juniors thread with bad puns and buy some beer. Better for everybody.

Nar Nar Goon of Fortune, K3. That's got legs but probably not for Donut Guts. FOS is from down that way.

I better stop hijacking the juniors thread with bad puns and buy some beer. Better for everybody.
Carlton Draught thanks. I’m an easy buy.

• Haha
Carlton Draught thanks. I’m an easy buy.
I'm sure I bought you all the beer I owed you for my losing bet on AFL legend Ryan Willitts, Greendatto. I mighta spilled a few and I did drink two but we got there. What was it? A hundred beers? We had that many easy. We're square.

Of course, I may still have to pay out a few if Bauer ever jumps again. (I'm hiding from a few posters.) I laid out a bit on that one too. Could break me.

On a brighter note there are seven VB cans shivering in fear in my fridge right now. Smart, terrified VB cans. I'll drink the next one to Donut Guts from Mernda.

• Love