2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Not a chance they give him up. They have been looking for a key forward since Pav left

Yeah will be hard. If they get McDonald (which is very doubtful) it might open up a small window to throw a very big offer at him.

Bakes for Tracey?????????

And we have to pay more??????

Outrageous. Step away from the trade table.

This is Andy Collinsesque.
Exactly.

Crazy talk. Treacy in the overall scheme of things has done absolutely nothing. Yes, he looks good. But that's it. Hasn't dominated a game. We'd be trading leadership and proven performance for potential, and that is an extremely risky strategy. Not one I'm comfortable with considering the state of our list.

And we have to give more? No way.

Reactions: 1 user
Exactly.

Crazy talk. Treacy in the overall scheme of things has done absolutely nothing. Yes, he looks good. But that's it. Hasn't dominated a game.
A 21 yo KF who looks good? Sign me up. As for dominating games, I think he's more your Marshall than Lynch. I'll take that every day of the week. But at 21, likely to step up.

edit, just compared Marshall and Treacy at same age, Treacy the easy winner.

Reactions: 2 users
A 21 yo KF who looks good? Sign me up. As for dominating games, I think he's more your Marshall than Lynch. I'll take that every day of the week. But at 21, likely to step up.

I'm not sure comparing him to Marshall is helping the argument. Not a Marshall fan at all.

I'll have to have a closer look at Treacy.

Could be one of those deals like Judd for Kennedy.

Both teams win - Freo get a dual premiership winning player at the height of his powers, the most courageous player in the AFL. We get potentially a 200 game key position player.

2 words for the lad.

MASS GAINERS.

Would his lack of size help him drop to #$4 or #5 or $6 in the order Redders when including the 2 or 3 father sons and academy kids??
It might. Who knows. It’ll be brought up in conversations, I’m sure. In fact, it will already have. To that end doesn’t seem to have affected the consensus rating - yet.

Note: His father Mike is a skinny whippet so personally I’m not sure there’s that much room for the weight gain that you’d ideally like to see. Maybe his mum is a power lifter ?

I'm not sure comparing him to Marshall is helping the argument. Not a Marshall fan at all.

I'll have to have a closer look at Treacy.
Fair enough. For me, KFs are extremely hard to find. A good one is hard to find, and a great one nigh on impossible, there's only ever 4 or 5 real guns in the whole comp. At some point you have to take a punt, I'll go all out to get a good one who may yet potentially be great. Treacy is probably not possible to get anyway as others have said, I'd do everything to keep him if I was Freo.

It might. Who knows. It’ll be brought up in conversations, I’m sure. In fact, it will already have. To that end doesn’t seem to have affected the consensus rating - yet.

Note: His father Mike is a skinny whippet so personally I’m not sure there’s that much room for the weight gain that you’d ideally like to see. Maybe his mum is a power lifter ?
Wasn't Fyfe stick thin when he was drafted from memory?

Its been said on here a few times and I don't get it either.

Whilst I like Treacy and he's been very good this year, he is essentially playing as 3rd banana right now behind Amiss and Jackosn as talls. We need to remember that before this season he'd played 36 games and kicked 29.18 in those games.

He's clearly stepped up this year and performing better than that, but its 7 games. I'm not sure that rockets him into Round 1 trade value.

I think ours and Freos would be too far away to get him in, unless Freo are well into Logan McDonald as many people suspected them to be. They would likely need all 4 of their 1st rounders for him, so would want to use a player in a trade for Bakes.
I'm as big an advocate for Josh Treacy as you will find on these boards. I've been watching him since he was rookied four years ago. I took an interest because I he was a country Vic kid the Dockers took a punt on. But let's be real, he's a developing KPF. He had a bad trot with injury after playing 15 games for the Dockers as an 18yo. He had his fair share of injuries early on and missed neearly six months with an ankle.

The thing is, he's developing into exactly what we need. A bullocking, pack crashing, get up the ground and take big contested one grab marks type power forward and he's a beautiful kick. He's a classic CHF in the old language. Jono Brown loves him (see recent article).

IF and it's a big IF, Baker wants to go home or is offered a gtfo deal by either WA club, all I'm saying is Treacy would be an awesome bargaining chip because he's a Vic lad. A bidding war between Freo and WC would get ugly fast and they will fall over themselves to get Baker just so the other one cant. Welcome to a two team town. Every trade is an 8 point trade when you get what the others want. That can only benefit us. It might shake Treacy loose, it might even shake Hayden Young loose.

But there no way Treacy and Baker are a straight swap. It would be a late first and Treacy for Baker.

I'd swap Young for Baker however, he is a game changer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Exactly.

Crazy talk. Treacy in the overall scheme of things has done absolutely nothing. Yes, he looks good. But that's it. Hasn't dominated a game. We'd be trading leadership and proven performance for potential, and that is an extremely risky strategy. Not one I'm comfortable with considering the state of our list.

And we have to give more? No way.
Let's not get sidetracked. The original suggestion is Baker for Freo's first rounder (probably the third one tied to Coll) AND Josh Treacy. Then a second or third rounder back to the Dockers to balance the trade. Anyone suggesting a straight swap is reaching for the stars.

Anyone not sure about Treacy's ability to dominate a game needs to go back and watch last week against the Dogs. He streams up the ground and takes contested pack marks. He's 21 and is the most improved KPF in the comp this year imo. He's also a dead eye *smile* with a beautiful kicking action. In two years he will be untouchable in terms of being traded.

Reactions: 1 users
I reckon Trainor is as slow and unagile as a wet week. Watched his game v Footscray yesterday. 20+ possessions, but he is slooooooow.

Got caught several times.

Big pass for me. We have bigger needs than a KPD as well.
He’s not slow but he certainly doesn’t drop the hammer very often.
The main thing is he’s not a KPD. He’s more of a tall flanker. Doesn’t like to defend a player wants to peel off and intercept.

Bakes for Tracey?????????

And we have to pay more??????

Outrageous. Step away from the trade table.

This is Andy Collinsesque.
Yeah I agree. Just don’t see it with Tracey.

Looks slow.

Nek minute he kicks 6 this week.

Let’s be honest Snake, Marshall is overrated in AFL circles.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm as big an advocate for Josh Treacy as you will find on these boards. I've been watching him since he was rookied four years ago. I took an interest because I he was a country Vic kid the Dockers took a punt on. But let's be real, he's a developing KPF. He had a bad trot with injury after playing 15 games for the Dockers as an 18yo. He had his fair share of injuries early on and missed neearly six months with an ankle.

The thing is, he's developing into exactly what we need. A bullocking, pack crashing, get up the ground and take big contested one grab marks type power forward and he's a beautiful kick. He's a classic CHF in the old language. Jono Brown loves him (see recent article).

IF and it's a big IF, Baker wants to go home or is offered a gtfo deal by either WA club, all I'm saying is Treacy would be an awesome bargaining chip because he's a Vic lad. A bidding war between Freo and WC would get ugly fast and they will fall over themselves to get Baker just so the other one cant. Welcome to a two team town. Every trade is an 8 point trade when you get what the others want. That can only benefit us. It might shake Treacy loose, it might even shake Hayden Young loose.

But there no way Treacy and Baker are a straight swap. It would be a late first and Treacy for Baker.

They wouldn’t release treacy , he’s trending nicely no way they’d part with him

Agree on both those trade values.

Out of the 2 I'd probably take the 1st and Treacy, but yes Young would be a great addition to our midfield.

Reactions: 1 users