2024 Delisted “free” agents | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Delisted “free” agents

What about them? Gray and Blight are you referring too?
Yep. We we're two over on the list by drafting them. We've currently got 6 pick spaces available to us, so it's trade the picks up or delist a couple of fringies before draft night.

Reactions: 1 users
Theyve been pretty all hands on deck with trade period and Blair mentioned that they were in constant discussions about it, we didnt know how many or who would be leaving or how many picks wed get til it was over. And now Id imagine all the Toce stuff is still ongoing with funeral etc. They realistically might not have had a chance to sit down and look the delistings over yet.

Reactions: 1 user
If we delist those 3 plus offer K-Mac a contract (say as a rookie).

Remind Leysy how many spots that will leave us Posh?

I think its 9 but as you indicate with Kmac as a rookie, he could be delisted to free us up to 10 and could hen re-rookie him.

I reckon our aim is 7-8 picks in the ND.

My guess is we try and trade up to 2, as long as North don't demand something ridiculous, and then unless there is someone on our board that ranks higher than everyone else, we trade back our last pick several times, to gain extra picks in the 2nd / 3rd round in 2025, we could conceivably drop back from 24 (28) to around 40 and gain 3 or so picks next year, and if we rank many of those left at similar levels is a no brainer.

That would mean we take 7 at the ND, something like 1, 2, 10, 11, 20, 23, 40 and then rookie or SSP 3 players. Reckon probably rookie 2 (1st pick and Kmac) and then trial 2-3 players in the SSP. We could conceivably trial more than that, our cap could pay them what we need to if we wanted to throw a blanket over a bunch of them.

Reactions: 2 users
Yep. We were two over on the list by drafting them. We've currently got 6 pick spaces available to us, so it's trade the picks up or delist a couple of fringies before draft night.
I’m guessing Blair is expecting to get pick 2 , bringing our haul down to 7 , fair chance only 1 at most of the uncontracteds gets another year , imho we should move them all on

I’m guessing Blair is expecting to get pick 2 , bringing our haul down to 7 , fair chance only 1 at most of the uncontracteds gets another year , imho we should move them all on

Mentioned this on another thread, I reckon all 4 probably get delisted. We probably won't commit to taking any of them in the rookie draft, but I can see us rookieing Kmac with our 2nd pick, and then 1 or 2 of the others (maybe Cumbo) could be added as train on players, maybe with a few of the other delisted players, Clarke and Hardie?

Reactions: 1 user
I think its 9 but as you indicate with Kmac as a rookie, he could be delisted to free us up to 10 and could hen re-rookie him.

My guess is we try and trade up to 2, as long as North don't demand something ridiculous, and then unless there is someone on our board that ranks higher than everyone else, we trade back our last pick several times, to gain extra picks in the 2nd / 3rd round in 2025, we could conceivably drop back from 24 (28) to around 40 and gain 3 or so picks next year, and if we rank many of those left at similar levels is a no brainer.

That would mean we take 7 at the ND, something like 1, 2, 10, 11, 20, 23, 40 and then rookie or SSP 3 players. Reckon probably rookie 2 (1st pick and Kmac) and then trial 2-3 players in the SSP. We could conceivably trial more than that, our cap could pay them what we need to if we wanted to throw a blanket over a bunch of them.
Any chance we could drop back to 32?

• Haha

At the moment we have 28 on the main list- we need to have between 36-38.
And we have 8 rookies- max is 6.

So we need to elevate or cut 2 rookies (ignoring cat b's.)

People also need to remember we get as many draft picks as we have spots available- the media only list picks in the 1st 4 rounds at this stage.
So if we elevate 2 rookies and dont cut anyone we go to the draft with 1, 6, 10, 11, 18 & 20. We lose 23& 24 (if we havent already traded them- not sure when that is finalised.)
Conversely if we cut 3 more and done elevate anyone we get picks in rd5, 6 &7- currently 79, 97 & 115- but these will come in a lot as draft numbers are finalised, then again on draft night as bids are matched.
or if we have 8 available spots and trade early picks out, these get replaced with picks in rd 5, 6 etc. They are not "lost picks".

Tom Scully at Port Adelaide delisted. There was some wraps on him as forward. Unsure how he has been in SANFL assume not great if delisted. Is he worth a thought for rookie spot