2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

Nice mitts but slow, unathletic, awkward kick. Couple of times during the year he looked a tad over weight I thought.

Pushing Adelaide hard for pick 4.

Last edited:
Nice mitts but slow, unathletic, awkward kick. Couple of times during the year he looked a tad over weight I thought.

Pushing Adelaide hard for pick 4.
How does pick 4 affect us with regards to van Rooyen? If anything it makes him more likely because we'll be asked to part with pick 15.

Quick with good endurance is a plus.
Speed is a critical trait for mine.

I do see these types as likely busts but someone like Danyle Pearce is a positive example.
As you say at 50 there are still good options on the board, but I can see it as a speculation pick
Just thought I'd also include some key stats to help people understand where I'm coming from -

* averaged 25 disposals at under 18 level (7th overall)
* very consistent having only dropped under 20 touches 4 times
* averaged 5.2 clearances at u/18 level (2nd overall)
* kicked 9 goals for the season with a season high of 4 in round seven
* he's potentially a 100 metre player with his run and carry, that opens doors for a number of roles
* playing for SA he showed some ability to play as a rebounder so versatility a plus
* plenty of growth potential given he's only 71kg

All this amounts to the perfect rookie selection & player who has an excellent chance of succeeding when stacked up against the competition. Kicking technique looks fine to me, perhaps lacking some depth but that will improve as he gains strength.

Reactions: 1 user

Geepers this Zac Taylor is a nice mover, dual sided quick, gets a lot of the ball, gets clearances, kicks goals, what am i missing?

We take a tall at 7, we should consider him at 15 as I dont think he is going to last to 26.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Geepers this Zac Taylor a nice mover, dual sided quick, gets a lot of the ball, gets clearances, kicks goals, what am i missing?

We take a tall at 7, we should consider him at 15 as I dont think he is going to last to 26.
Get onboard! Kid looks to be an excellent choice at pick 15, I will be pretty annoyed if we trade this pick and miss out on Taylor, more than annoyed actually.

Reactions: 5 users
Get onboard! Kid looks to be an excellent choice at pick 15, I will be pretty annoyed if we trade this pick and miss out on Taylor, more than annoyed actually.

I wouldnt worry too much about us trading the pick

Interesting question Taylor and Goater both available at 15, who do you pick ?

Tough one

Reactions: 1 user

Geepers this Zac Taylor a nice mover, dual sided quick, gets a lot of the ball, gets clearances, kicks goals, what am i missing?

Yeah hadn't seen his videos before, but loved this. I wasn't sure for half the video if he was a left footer or a rightie, because he was good off both feet.

I'm different to you, no to a tall at 7. I'm hoping Hobbs falls, then 1 of Rachele, Sonsie or Taylor at 15, and then I'd love Conor Macdonald in the 20's (even if we need to trade up for him). All 3 look great around the centre square and would transform our midfield in 1 draft. Then go tall via FA or the draft next year.

Reactions: 6 users

Fejo is a good looking rooster

Will add some X factor and will be fun to watch, He is ours if we want him at pick 30

Reactions: 1 users
I wouldnt worry too much about us trading the pick

Interesting question Taylor and Goater both available at 15, who do you pick ?

Tough one
Yep, very tough, probably the Goat but I would be working furiously to move those 20s picks up the order.

Me too. 180cm, very outside. Short clone at best, which is ok, but prefer others.

He had 22 contested possessions and 11 clearances in his last game, and averaged 4.5 clearances in 2 trial matches with Vic metro according to the AFL website.

Reactions: 3 users