2015 Leadership Group | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2015 Leadership Group

Ruthless Tigers ?

Tiger Superstar
Aug 10, 2003
Great to see the club announce its 2015 leadership group and to have Steve Morris added to the group.

From the clubs website......Morris joins Trent Cotchin, Troy Chaplin, Ivan Maric and Brett Deledio in the official leadership group, which lost a member at the end of the 2014 season after the retirement of Daniel Jackson.

Really looking forward to the season ahead.

Well done Steve...your passion and commitment cannot be questioned.

Well done Steve.

I must admit if you gave me three picks to guess who would be added I would have failed.

Rance and Jack look like they are worthy leaders at the club in the near future.

Just finished watching the AGM and was surprised when they called Morris but then got to thinking there is allot we don't see , also when they were talking about the charity's and organizations we support morris is heavily involved with i have no problems with this Well Done Morris :clap :clap :clap

I've always thought Morris had leadership potential. Passionate about the club, speaks extremely well and is very mature.
He just needs to get his body right and hopefully his on field performances improve. Congrats to him. No doubt will do a fine job.

To those who thought Morris would be playing at Punt Rd all year, I'm guessing you've had a rude awakening. Underrated in my eyes. If fit, will show how important he is to us.

MB78 said:
Rance and Jack look like they are worthy leaders at the club in the near future.

I thought these two would be in, then again, every player can be a leader if they learn the way. It's more of a group effort these days.

Nothing against Chappy and Moro, just reckon they'll be borderline best 22 in 2015.

Would prefer to see leaders who not only lead by example but exert more influence over games eg Rance and Jack.

We don't know the full story but to have Morris in there and not Rance confuses me based on public perception.

Anyway, congrats Steve

off-field and around the club must be the go.

if you look at rance during games, he's a *smile* general.

Carter said:
Nothing against Chappy and Moro, just reckon they'll be borderline best 22 in 2015.

Hope you are right. Need to do better than these two.

Perhaps Morris impressed a lot of his team-mates playing through his shoulder pain this year. You never know what happens behind the scenes. It has his choice to play, but personally I thought he should have been sent for surgery mid season as his play was suffering so much.

But now the shoulder will hopefully be better, however I thought Hunt may have been recruited as insurance in case Morris didn't come good.

tigerman said:
Good luck to Stevie, he has my support.

Ditto. Congrats Steve. Who are we to know better than those who vote for the leadership group. I'd love every player to have Steve's determination and work ethic.

WesternTiger said:
Indictment on the entire playing group that Morris is in the leadership group!

Why?? Maybe because he puts his neck on the line at every contest and never ever *smile* himself.I suppose you would rather Vickery in the leadership group.Well done Stevie Morris,great choice will lead with courage and by example!

8-

My thoughts are that Rance and Jack come across as the comedians of the playing group. Perhaps their teammates don't look to them for leadership but for a laugh and a bit of fun?