2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award- THE AWARDS THREAD | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award- THE AWARDS THREAD

Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award-Round 17 vs North Melbourne - VOTE HERE

3 Tuck
2 Cotchin
1 Morris

Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award-Round 17 vs North Melbourne - VOTE HERE

3. Deledio

2. Cotchin

1. Morris

Hons: Tuck, Ellis, Post, Rance (in votes till 3 qtr time; disaster last qtr)

3: Lids
2: Morris
1: Cotchin

3 - Tuck
2 - Deledio
1 - Morris

Apologies to Cotch - just missed out.

Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award-Round 17 vs North Melbourne - RESULTS

2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award
Voting Results for Round 17 vs North Melbourne

RICHMOND 2.3 5.9 10.12 14.15 (99)
NORTH MELBOURNE 3.5 7.9 9.11 15.13 (103)

GOALS
North Melbourne: Petrie 7, Anthony 2, Harper 2, Harvey, Macmillan, Hansen, Campbell
Richmond: Riewoldt 3, Nahas 3, Martin 2, Tuck 2, Edwards 2, Cotchin, Houli

Rank Change Player 3 VOTES 2 VOTES 1 VOTE RD TOTAL TOTAL VOTES AVG
1 - Trent Cotchin 9 6 12 51 1283 27 80.2
2 - Brett Deledio 10 11 5 57 982 26 61.4
3 ↑1 Shane Tuck 10 5 11 51 683 26 42.7
4 ↓1 Ivan Maric 0 1 0 2 645 1 43.0
5 - Shaun Grigg 0 0 1 1 392 1 24.5
=6 - Nathan Foley 0 0 0 0 310 0 31.0
=6 ↑1 Alex Rance 0 1 0 2 310 1 19.4
8 ↑3 Steven Morris 19 14 9 94 283 42 18.9
9 ↓1 Dylan Grimes 0 0 0 0 240 0 26.7
10 ↓1 Jack Riewoldt 0 1 0 2 229 1 14.3
11 ↓1 Shane Edwards 0 0 0 0 201 0 14.4
12 - Robin Nahas 0 0 0 0 139 0 8.7
13 - Reece Conca 0 1 0 2 134 1 8.9
14 - Dustin Martin 0 0 0 0 117 0 8.4
15 ↑1 Brandon Ellis 0 7 6 20 54 13 3.4
16 ↓1 Jake Batchelor 0 0 0 0 43 0 3.6
17 ↓1 Bachar Houli 0 0 0 0 34 0 2.1
18 - Chris Newman 0 0 0 0 27 0 1.7
19 - Daniel Connors 0 0 0 0 20 0 10.0
20 - Daniel Jackson 0 1 0 2 15 1 1.2
21 - Matt Dea 0 0 1 1 13 1 1.2
22 ↓1 Luke McGuane 0 0 0 0 12 0 4.0
23 - Ben Griffiths 0 0 0 0 7 0 1.2
=24 - Jake King 0 0 0 0 6 0 0.8
=24 - Brad Miller 0 0 0 0 6 0 0.6
=26 - Tom Derickx 0 0 0 0 3 0 1.5
=26 NEW Jayden Post 0 0 3 3 3 3 1.5
=26 - Matthew White 0 0 0 0 3 0 1.0
=26 - Addam Maric 0 0 0 0 3 0 0.3
Total Voters=48

264713.jpg

MATCH REPORT
by uhuh uhuh

This is a story of hope and hate. Richmond has always given us long suffering supporters hope and other clubs hate. In particular I hate North Melbourne. It’s a kind of irrational hate that stems from nowhere and somehow comes to rest deep inside my psyche.

Oh course I don’t hate them as much as I hate Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, West Coast or Adelaide. But at the same time I tend to hate them more. Why, not sure how many times they have knocked us out of finals contention? No more than any other team. Is it because they are poor, in debt and should have taken the GCS deal – I mean seriously imagine the draft picks we would have got if they merged with the Gold Coast.

Or what about the time they wheeled out Jason McCartney and then the next year Mick Martin’s dad dies before our game, or 1996 where the made sure in the last round they made sure we finished ninth. Or the fact that in the last ten years we have beaten them three times they have beaten us 11 (counting this weekend).

I must admit I almost feel a fair bit of guilt hating them because you know, and every North supporter knows, the clock is ticking on their club; they have to make the finals to survive. Bottoming in out is not an option, they need the money that finals games generate, through sponsors and extra payments. This is where the myth of the “shinboner spirit” comes from. Seriously I am over it. We are a rich club, we are paying off our debt, we have a better list, we have more supporters and we have the “tiger spirit”, we are going places, we are going to play finals and win a flag.

And so this year it was with great pleasure, at the start of the season I pencilled in the North game as the game I wanted to write a review for. This was going to be one of the magic 13 that got us in to the finals and laid the foundations for our rise as a top four club. Premierships await us and I wanted to write about haw we finally smashed the myth of the “shinboner spirit” and sent them into the despair of not playing finals.

Ah the best laid plans of mice and men. I didn’t predict that we would drop so many close games, and every time we did I held out hope. Here is my list of excuses.

Collingwood, small mistakes we can fix them, watch out Geelong.
Geelong; so close and we are so close bring on the eagles..
West Coast, So close and we are so close, we need a win thank god we play Port next week.
Essendon – after Sydney and Port surely we can beat these pretenders... Oh well we will get them in the second last game.
Freo – we can give them the old heave ho, for crying out loud another honourable loss, at the G no less. Hopefully we can beat Adelaide in Adelaide and pull that one one back.
Adelaide – Nope
GCS – OK so we know they are worse than last year and this is one we have to win. Nope – last role of the dice.. North

We should beat north – everything about us says we should, for crying out loud they have to send their players to two different VFL clubs because they are so poor. We will have our own next year, like Collingwood.

Bring the Roos on!

How good was the first quarter, it was always going to be Richmond that came out hard and North that contained us, which they did. In fact they not only contained us, in the last half of that quarter they could have put us away. Kieran Harper and Lachie Hanson kicking those last two was costly, as was Adam Maric’s appalling kick in defence. How good was the gutsy mark free kick by Morris in the last seconds of that quarter, and then melee, where is Jake King where you need him. Typical North, trying to get us to drop our game by starting some hard stuff, Morris comes up from that looking worse for wear and I am cursing North.

Quarter two and Cotch blasts a ripper. The ball is going up and down the ground like a yo yo and the North supporters around are a pain, finally Bachir kicks truly and we are in this. For a while anyway, forget about last quarter fade outs, our second quarters are far more problematic. In fact you could say our last quarter fade outs are due to the amount of energy we have to expend in our third quarters to make up for our shocking second quarters.

This is no different, Harper, Petrie, Harvey (who is the most hated player in my hatred of North) and Anthony. Bloody Anthony all kick goals and give North a very healthy lead. Free kicks and 50’s. Oh Lids come on!! 50 metre penalties fair dinkum this umpire needs to be sacked, “hope you like country air you *****” I yell. What about the holding the ball rule, does that not exist anymore? Quarter nearing the end they are in the eight thanks to the maggots formally known as white, our season is over. Hang on! Ball goes like a pinball from Jack and Macca and Edwards kicks a goal!! YAY  Hope.

½ time and I am bleeding about the umpires, totally fuming with Richmond players that let North get into their heads. We have to hurt them on the score board, it’s the only way.

Can quarter three still be called the premiership quarter. I don’t know, really we have won just about every third quarter this year and are about as far from a premiership as I am from sleeping with Cindy Crawford.. (Notice I did not say Miranda Kerr, I want to give myself a bit of hope, Cindy is a bit more ragged and desperate these days). Ragged and desperate is the way Richmond plays their third quarters. We play hard and un compromising, Umpires are still managing to give them free kicks, but the quarter is ours. Goals to Dusty and Jack and Nahas we are in front. It comes down to who plays out the game. Surely we can’t let this one drop again. Surely today is ours.

And then the last quarter
Goal Drew Petrie
Goal Drew Petrie
Goal Drew Petrie
All hope is gone, and bugger we are going to get buried. Apparently as he was walking off at ¾ time Brad Scott said he wanted to get Drew Petrie closer to goal and have him one on one with Rance. Bugger me if only that piece of prime intel had made it to Damian Hardwick perhaps we could have played McGuane down there earlier as a punching full back.

If only we had one player that would stand up now.. Actually we did, Shane Tuck, what a gun, two beautiful goals from outside 50. One form a contested mark and one from a well earned free kick. Both put is in the game, both showed what we could be. God dam I love this club, no need for hope we are good.

Lets skip to the dying seconds, forget about the free kicks, the goals from stupid 50s, forget about all of them and hope, hope that when big Ivan contests and gets the ball somehow into the arms of Grigg with 30 seconds to go we pinch this game.

It didn’t happen. That’s the story of our season. Good on North, they get to play finals, unless Freo knocks them out. I doubt it because they have the softest of soft draws. So their supports can draw a sigh of relief, they get to live for one more year or maybe two. Richmond supporters find that they have yet another mountain of smashed dreams and I found myself saying, “there is always next year” again in July.

Hope, I am fed up with it, and potential, I am totally fed up with honourable losses, and being close. I am not going to have them anymore. Hope IS OUT! Having said that I agree with Hardwick, teams in the past that have had a season of close losses usually find they jump up the ladder pretty quickly. Nobody mention the H word..

EDITORIAL
by Panthera tigris FC

Cheers to uhuh uhuh for the great report this week. The voting saw Steve Morris score his first award for best Tiger afield by the PuntRoadEnd crowd. After doubts after his preseason form he has just become better and better as the real season has unfolded. His pace, desperation, bravery and willingness to run has seen him set himself apart in our backline. He has been an astute pick up by the club and now sits in the top 10 for the season in this award. Not bad for a player in his first year at the elite level. The other votes went to the ever-solid Brett Deledio and Trent Cotchin who are have becoming important lynch pins in our midfield. Special mention to Tucky, who showed a cool head to kick those clutch goals in final quarter. We wouldn't have had a chance if he had missed either of them.

This Saturday night sees the Tigers come up against the arch-enemy and finds them in a depleted state. We have a real opportunity to break our recent hoodoo against the baggers and knock them out of all finals contention to boot. Do we need any further motivation?

Carn' the Tiges!

Re: The 2012 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award-Round 18 vs Carlton - VOTE HERE

3. Cotchin
2. Martin
1. Tuck

3. Martin
2. Tuck
1. Morris

3. Tuck
2. Martin