Richmond V Geelong | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond V Geelong

Are we going to break the record of lowest (goalless) score in AFLW?

Reactions: 1 user
That was a rough call on Hosking. She was tackled high as soon as she went for the ball, ump had a perfect view of it and paid HTB.

13 inside 50's to 44.
The game has a long way to go. Not because we aren't good. But the skill levels haven't improved and in general the game overall hasn't improved.

Reactions: 1 users
If there's something I want returned back into the game.
The stat 'Goals from frees' next to players names

Said it before, I'm sure Ooze will also look into this team to get things fixed.

Reactions: 1 user
We have 3 or 4 good players… 1 elite player (although her kicking is very questionable tonight)…..the rest are battlers that have the occasional purple patch, but generally have no idea…
it also doesn’t help when , as per normal, we get crucified by the umps…

Our style of play doesn't help. I really don't think we play to our players strengths and for that IMO Ferguson needs to go and we need a new coach.

Shevlin is a gun, she showed that a few years ago, she's a rebounding defender but we are playing her as a key defender where she can't use her kicking ability going forward. Similar with Sheerin this year, yet he tried to play Jess Hosking as a forward early in the year when she's far too slow to play that forward role. He simpley doesn't know where to play our players to get the best of themselves.

We have the makings of a good team, losing both McKenzie and Ryan for basically the whole season again is tough. We have brought Wickstead in (who is a tough clearance player) yet play her as a half forward and barely for 50% TOG each time. I really think the coach has no idea personally which is making us seem a lot worse than we really are.

Reactions: 3 users
The other thing I've noticed is we either have a lot of players that need to work on their fitness or aren't trusted by the coaches.

Just tonight, look at these TOG%'s (I've left our Seymour as she was injured early).

Kelly 69% (when our other ruck is injured)
Reid 57%
Eastman 68%
Woods 58%
Wickstead 47%

Thats way too many playing less than 70% TOG. It either affects the fitness of the other players in game, or a cumulative impact through the season. I suspect if you go into most games this year, we will see similar numbers of players playing less than 70% TOG.

Fox have just advertised a show called Crapopolis. I'm pretty sure we just watched it!!

• Haha
It was embarrassing to watch. Safe to say Ferguson must go. Hes had long enough and we've gone backwards. The game plan is horrendous.

I was just hoping at the end that we would kick a goal more for the fans who attended. It would've been demoralizing to kick 0 goals in 4 qtrs. I thought when Brennan missed a doozy right in front that would be it no goals for the night but a nice passage of play not long after saw Brennan kick the goal that erupted the pro Richmond crowd.

We are playing like a bottom 4 team. The Worst skilled side by far.

I will say and I'm sure many will agree our recruiting has been abysmal, Kate Sheehan and the recruiting team MUST GO.

Gresier, Jones, and Egan 3 slow players. We got all 3 wrong. Needed speedy skillful players. Look at North, even bombers in their 2nd year are building nicely.

Last edited:
Learned nothing all season from each defeat. We are possibly the worst skilled AFLW team in the league with arguably the worst coach. That performance won’t be attracting any fans.

Said early that last year was not an indicator of where we are at as we won a lot of close games and then got towelled up in finals. And Wakefield is/was a massive loss.

Not sure Sheahan has many credits in the bank.