Richmond V Geelong | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond V Geelong

I am not impressed with Gresier, Jones, and Egan but they aren't the only ones, you can add Cox, Reid, and Graham. Bad recruiting right there. I could quite easily add another 2-3. I get why we got Egan to help with the midfield but by gee she's a plodder. Played a good game last week but overall just doesn't back it up week in and week out.

Gresier is worse than I thought, someone her size should be dominating forward 50 entries, drops too many marks.
You know it just goes to show how good Wakefield was. Courtney Jones is another pedestrian-type player.

Speedy and skillful types are there, other clubs are getting them, so why can't we? Recruiters have simply not done their job over the last 5 years. Look no further than when Moylan was playing, how she was getting games was beyond me another one of those mechanical types, who turns like a wheelbarrow, slow by ball to foot.

Ferguson no joke has no idea. The game plan is no good. The midfield needs more outside run, blind Freddy can see this.
Hosking is tough but that's all she is. Goes missing all too often. Egan is average and slow. Mackenzie is out injured and that hurts but the coach needs to mix it up, and look outside the square.

Maddie Shevlin should be in the midfield, she goes in and is quick, and takes the game on.
Sheerin gives good run from the back half and she is another who could play in the midfield, is strong over the ball, and breaks the lines. She wouldn't lose too many contests in the centre square or any contest around the ground for that matter.

How does this midfield look? Conti, Mackenzie, Sheerin, Shevlin. (Egan and Hosking out)
Lavey is another who we are missing her run, play her wing, or half back.

Seymour play her FF or backline. Gresier or Jones out. Cant have both, too slow.

Reactions: 1 users
It was embarrassing to watch. Safe to say Ferguson must go. Hes had long enough and we've gone backwards. The game plan is horrendous.

I was just hoping at the end that we would kick a goal more for the fans who attended. It would've been demoralizing to kick 0 goals in 4 qtrs. I thought when Brennan missed a doozy right in front that would be it no goals for the night but a nice passage of play not long after saw Brennan kick the goal that erupted the pro Richmond crowd.

We are playing like a bottom 4 team. The Worst skilled side by far.

I will say and I'm sure many will agree our recruiting has been abysmal, Kate Sheehan and the recruiting team MUST GO.

Gresier, Jones, and Egan 3 slow players. We got all 3 wrong. Needed speedy skillful players. Look at North, even bombers in their 2nd year are building nicely.
I agree with some of this, but emphatically the speedy skillful players bit.
We are a blue collar battler team with game plan built on contest effort and persistance.
The poor list management in our inaugural year has had us playing catch-up from there on.
We made some ground in the past few years patching up holes around the stoppages.
But injuries have highlighted the flaws in the list, and its a glaring lack of pace and skills.
The high draft selections of Molan and Reid have just been conceptually wrong in nature.
Other clubs List Managers / Recruiters are clearly doing a much better job and yes we are going backwards, so those responsible must be held accountable.
I question whether Ryan Ferguson should wear that - he'd be involved but is he a key recruiting decision maker?
Perhaps he was with Greiser? Unfortunately we have swapped one big lumbering lug (Sabrina) for another.
For a strong girl, Gresier should be shoving her opponents around, but consistently gets pushed under the ball.
I think Ferguson is impressive - articulate, has the players playing for him, and has done well with not much.
I would back Ferguson but "reinvigorate" the LM / Recruiting "brains trust".

Reactions: 1 users
I agree with some of this, but emphatically the speedy skillful players bit.
We are a blue collar battler team with game plan built on contest effort and persistance.
The poor list management in our inaugural year has had us playing catch-up from there on.
We made some ground in the past few years patching up holes around the stoppages.
But injuries have highlighted the flaws in the list, and its a glaring lack of pace and skills.
The high draft selections of Molan and Reid have just been conceptually wrong in nature.
Other clubs List Managers / Recruiters are clearly doing a much better job and yes we are going backwards, so those responsible must be held accountable.
I question whether Ryan Ferguson should wear that - he'd be involved but is he a key recruiting decision maker?
Perhaps he was with Greiser? Unfortunately we have swapped one big lumbering lug (Sabrina) for another.
For a strong girl, Gresier should be shoving her opponents around, but consistently gets pushed under the ball.
I think Ferguson is impressive - articulate, has the players playing for him, and has done well with not much.
I would back Ferguson but "reinvigorate" the LM / Recruiting "brains trust".

I agree with Greiser, though I think she can be good. She is a long kick of the footy which is gold in womens footy IF you can get the ball into her hands inside 50. Her forward craft is a bit off, as I don't think she does early enough bodywork, and then the defenders can use theirs as the ball gets there and she is off balance and then drops marks she should be taking. My view is, some of the guys could and should get involved with the womens programme at times. Lynch would be a perfect tutor for Greiser.

I take your point on Ferguson, but he plays some of the girls in positions that are to the detriment of the team. Shevlin is completely wasted as a stopper in defence. We had a perfectly good one of those in Jess Hosking but then for some reason Ferguson moves her forward where she is too slow to impact, the games she played forward before her injury she barely touched the ball and made an already slow forward line even slower. Add to that, that we probably waste Sherrin too back there, she should be being played on a wing, rolling through the midfield and we are well and truly wasting our better ball users. Every time you see Sherrin get the ball, she is under pressure, she need the ball out in space which wing would provide for her. Brennan too, needs to be playing higher up the ground so we can leave our F50 a bit more open. Whilst Jones is slowish, she is very good one on one and has shown that at times this year especially when the ball is on the ground, she's smart enough to know when to shove and how and therefore create opportunities that way.

Losing McKenzie has certainly been a massive hit to us, she has the power and class we need in the forward half and I was also looking forward to Charley Ryan this year, but having lost last year to the ACL (which we knew about when we drafted her) she lost much of this season to glandular fever so fingers crossed she can get a run at it for next year. We also need at least 1 more small forward to support Yassir who has had a good season. Lavey was also missed with her injury.

Injuries have hurt us, but I can't get away from Ferg playing players out of position, didn't he play D'Arcy (who is slow, slow, slow) on a wing earlier in the year?

I think we have the makings of a good team, when we play the girls in the right positions which would then enable us to move the ball quicker, the injuries are unfortunate, the poor positioning, thats down to Ferguson.

Reactions: 1 user
Yep.

Reactions: 1 user
love them... but that was awful last night...

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Teams been cooked for a while, the injury list too much and the womens playing list isn't very big so you get found out.
McKenzie and Hosking were big losses.