Wildcard Game Tigers V Williamstown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Wildcard Game Tigers V Williamstown

Ok so not considered finals then? Very hard to find anything official from AFL but makes sense because I think there's also a max nbr of AFL games to be eligible for finals which would have ruled out Dow.
I think it was the official Richmond podcast this week that discussed this. Would've been good to drop a few to field a strong side but it was more important to show solidarity for the last game and those retiring.
MJR also got to wear the jersey he designed. I'm sure it means something.

Reactions: 2 users
Ok we got smashed, I were at the game and from a pure ruck perspective it is the best I have seen from Samson play.
Against a seasoned ex AFL ruckman in Tom Downie up till 3/4 time Samson had 31 hitouts to 11.
At 3/4 time he had three fingers taped together and sent fwd which is why he didn't add to his ruck states but did bring the ball to the ground and collected it himself for a goal.
Kaleb Smith also got a pass mark from me.

Reactions: 8 users
Ok we got smashed, I were at the game and from a pure ruck perspective it is the best I have seen from Samson play.
Against a seasoned ex AFL ruckman in Tom Downie up till 3/4 time Samson had 31 hitouts to 11.
At 3/4 time he had three fingers taped together and sent fwd which is why he didn't add to his ruck states but did bring the ball to the ground and collected it himself for a goal.
Kaleb Smith also got a pass mark from me.
That's good to hear.
Big offseason for core strength coming up for S Ryan

Reactions: 1 user
Garner was easily our best IMO - if we want a smart, hard bodied, AFL-experienced player to protect & guide the kids on the cheap but is in still in that mid-20's age group that we won't have much over the next few years, could do a lot worse than rookie this bloke.

Hope this game also put to bed the ridiculous Sam Davidson hype once & for all. Never saw what all the fuss was about.

Reactions: 3 users
Garner was easily our best IMO - if we want a smart, hard bodied, AFL-experienced player to protect & guide the kids on the cheap but is in still in that mid-20's age group that we won't have much over the next few years, could do a lot worse than rookie this bloke.

Hope this game also put to bed the ridiculous Sam Davidson hype once & for all. Never saw what all the fuss was about.
Good call on both accounts

Yeah, I’ve mentioned before Garner would be a good, cheap option on the senior list (especially with everything that’s happening now!). He’s experienced, tough, a nice kick of the footy, calm.

Reactions: 2 users