Who should take the credit? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who should take the credit?

A bronze tan statute of Terry Wallace would also be appropriate. He taught us that there is no such thing as a messiah or a one-man show.

Not so fast for me.
I'm rapt but we still have ways to go and what I'm liking the most the club and the likes of BG know this.

Imo the person who gets blame when we lose should get the credit when we win: Dimma.

Take credit for what? There's still a good chance we lose once again in the first week of finals given we'll likely to be playing North. Going to miss top 4 because of a couple poor losses earlier on the year and not taking our opportunities when Sydney were floundering.

Barnzy said:
Take credit for what?

being consistently in the top half of the ladder, consistently making finals, not stuffing up all our draft picks, consistently winning big games during the H&A, not paying overs for every recruit.

Gotta walk before you can crawl. The failure to understand that has been the reason for our perennial failure for 30 years.

evo said:
me. My thorough and insightful comments on PRE over the years have provided a wealth of information for our coaching staff to adopt.

Good call, well said, i agree.

Tigerflag2008 said:
A bronze tan statute of Terry Wallace would also be appropriate. He taught us that there is no such thing as a messiah or a one-man show.

Chris Newman for telling him to rack off.

But seriously, if you want to start handing out credit, it has to go to Hardwick. At 2-4, I confess I wanted him gone and I am as impressed by the turnaround as anyone.
If it had continued south from there it'd be him we'd be tearing strips off so he has to get the chocolates now that it's heading north.

We haven't done anything yet. When we win a premiership then the question might be more relevant.

CREDIT? the whole lot of them at the club have been solid..but ultimately its been benny gale and his vision and planning...6 years ago he spoke of the aims we needed to achieved before we had ongoing and substantial success...get outta 6 million dollar debt,start making profit..atrct 70,000 member..build embank training centre..stand alone vfl tiger team..and build a rock solid playing list form smart recruiting and trading rather than throwing big bucks at a few free agents....so far he has achieved all these goals and pretty close to the time frame he wanted to...benny with peggy oneil have been our best off field leaders in 40 years.....next step in his plan..3 grand finals

As others have said, until we win a final we've not achieved anything we didn't the last two years. The confidence levels are up - we definitely appear to be more mature than previous years. We need to beat North in Round 23 for me to feel like we've taken a step forward, and Geelong as well, should we face them again this year.

However just like when we're shocking, when we're good credit has to go to everyone. Players, coaches, support staff, recruiters, the management and the board. Let's see where we stand come the second week of October. Hopefully that statement will apply!

This question has been answered many times.

When there is blame, it's Beavis.
When there is credit, it's Chocco Williams

Semantics I know Gen, but (yes the dreaded but) although I agree winning a final is where we need to be at, 3 finals series in a row is more significant than nothing.

Winning our last two games, especially ridding ourself of the Nth voodoo will add to the significant improvements we have made this season; reaching another finals series, and beating 3 of the top 4 being important steps.

2 wins agin the scum and the cheats and hopefully the drug cheats also significant for our pleasure.

Baloo said:
This question has been answered many times.

When there is blame, it's Beavis.
When there is credit, it's Chocco Williams

Correct - Beavis never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

Tommy H said:
We haven't done anything yet. When we win a premiership then the question might be more relevant.

*smile*. We've gone from being perennial bums and a laughing stock, to competitive to top side with credibility. That is something. Its not a flag no. Would you rather be languishing at the bottom or looking threatening?

This whole 'we haven't done anything until we've won a flag' is *smile*. We all want to win a flag, but you have to acknowledge improvement and smell the roses along the way.

Agree snakey, lovin smellin the roses. Excited about the upside. Looking fwd to the rest of the season. Hoping for a flag. Will settle for a prelim. Finals win will be par. 3 finals in a row aint insignificant.

Its all about the journey.