Who should take the credit? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who should take the credit?

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Win lose or draw the next 3 or more games and we have to say the Tigers have had a very good year.

So, who gets the credit? The players are a given, as we don't win games unless they perform. Is it the primary coach in Dimma or is it the support coaches who have given us the good year to date?

Not long ago on here, many were calling for Dimma's head. Yet here we are today with finals almost a certainty. Is he the messiah or are the likes of Brendan Lade and others the ones who have us going so well.

Like many others on PRE, over the last few years I have been critical of the coach and anyone else I could think of, even if I did not vent my spleen on here like some did.

It appears a new era has begun, at least I hope so, and ponder who we should be giving credit to, apart from the players that is. Ultimately they are the ones who win or lose, but having said that, they act under the supervision of the coaches.

What do you all reckon?

me. My thorough and insightful comments on PRE over the years have provided a wealth of information for our coaching staff to adopt.

I heard Benny Gale interviewed pre game yesterday and he said this is all about noone taking credit. It was about having a plan, getting good people in and executing the plan with everyone taking responsibility.

Benny has been the conductor.

He also said that he was handed some natural advantages by becoming a CEO of a club with a fantastic loyal and massive supporter base.

I am utterly certain the escalating conflict between Carter and Antman is the reason behind our resurrection from 2-4. How could the players and coaches not be inspired by such considered and insightful debating?

I think the assistants have finally achieved the automated team defence that Dimma demanded three years ago.

Guys like Smith and Lade are the details men.

Dimma is the architect and deserves high praise for the scores against column.

The reality of our strangulation gameplan is early losses in a season while other teams are up, uninjured and have the pep to break lines.

Then comes the winter months where close wins are the order of the day.

And now? With the weather improving and other teams tiring, we can finally cash in on disciplined team defence and hit hard the other way.

Beautiful timing and it could well all be on Dimma. He's lookin' good.

The great thing about where our club is at is that i think they realize other than a healthy black bank account they haven't achieved anything yet so lets put the back slapping away until we win a flag or two, still a lot of work to do before credit will be accepted by those important at the club, thankfully we have wonderful leaders in place that realize this..

As much as I'm loving this I'm not getting carried away until we win a final, top 4 will obviously make that more feasible but that's no guarantee from here. A repeat of 2013/2014 and it will be stagnation, nothing more.

DirtyDogTiger said:
I'd like to see a bronze statue of Garry March

He certainly paved the way didn't he

Good governance is the key to any successful organisation, with Peggy and a united board , a smart Tiger CEO and a driven smart coach, we are finally getting there

We do. Like barnacles we're still attached to this club despite 33 years of pain, ridicule and hardship.

Without us, there would not be a club.

DirtyDogTiger said:
I'd like to see a bronze statue of Garry March
Been a fairly steady long term progression since he took over the reins. Club has managed to lock in rock solid people in all areas, steady adjustments n tweaks as needed, building a strong n viable club on and off the field.

Carter said:
I think the assistants have finally achieved the automated team defence that Dimma demanded three years ago.

Guys like Smith and Lade are the details men.

Dimma is the architect and deserves high praise for the scores against column.

The reality of our strangulation gameplan is early losses in a season while other teams are up, uninjured and have the pep to break lines.

Then comes the winter months where close wins are the order of the day.

And now? With the weather improving and other teams tiring, we can finally cash in on disciplined team defence and hit hard the other way.

Beautiful timing and it could well all be on Dimma. He's lookin' good.
Don't be modest Carts. A little while back you were crying out for Dimma and his assistants to be sacked.
They obviously took it all on board.
Credit must be yours!

On a more serious note - it's great that we are even talking about credit being due i.e. that we are on the improve.
At the same time let's also be aware that a 5th-8th finish has it's own inherent risks.
We are all too well aware that one slip in the finals and it's all over again.
If that was to happen (and we trust it doesn't) - it'd be a damn shame if that was immediately followed by a sudden switch to the doom and gloom and sacking talk.

Tenacious said:
Don't be modest Carts. A little while back you were crying out for Dimma and his assistants to be sacked.
They obviously took it all on board.
Credit must be yours!

On a more serious note - it's great that we are even talking about credit being due i.e. that we are on the improve.
At the same time let's also be aware that a 5th-8th finish has it's own inherent risks.
We are all too well aware that one slip in the finals and it's all over again.
If that was to happen (and we trust it doesn't) - it'd be a damn shame if that was immediately followed by a sudden switch to the doom and gloom and sacking talk.

It would be a shame, particularly after all the hard work.

But finals are where it's at, and if the club fails again questions will be asked.

FWIW I think Dimma is evolving and improving.

St Kevin said:
I am utterly certain the escalating conflict between Carter and Antman is the reason behind our resurrection from 2-4. How could the players and coaches not be inspired by such considered and insightful debating?

Agree profoundly. Don't know about escalating though, it's always been like that.

More seriously it's been a slow build. Garry March, Benny, and now Penny stabilising the off-field and importantly - never panicking and losing hope. Backing the football department in.

And of course the players buying into the dream, the coaches enabling and driving. It's a team effort, onfield and off.

I like how they don't seem to be scrambling for credit, instead they're recognising the steps they're taking on this journey, drawing confidence from it, but then the next day they're already working out how to take the following step.

Ultimately, I think Gale and Hardwick are in the two positions with the most influence on the club's culture, although they're both surrounded by a number of important people that influence the messages and behaviours around the club.

And the Tiger Army aren't trying to pin everything on 1 person anymore, so even if somebody did try to take the credit they wouldn't get it.