Who are you looking forward to seeing in the NAB Challenge ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who are you looking forward to seeing in the NAB Challenge ?

Last years recruits that haven't played.
This years kids and recruits.

Just want to see how they look with a lot more senior players around.

Side note- also if our game style has been adjusted and how the interchange cap/sub removal does to it!

poppa x said:
Griffiths for me.
I want to see him take the NAB games by the scruff of the neck and rag doll everyone.
Ooooh yeah. That'd be sweet as, but preferably during the season rather than the Nuffer challenge.

All the new recruits, always like seeing how they go to start off with. In particular Chol, just hoping to see some special little pieces of play from him.

BrisTiger24 said:
Seeing what Mabior can do in a game is what I'm looking forward to. Dan Butler is my smokey for round 1 so keen to see him in action.

Me too keep hearing his name coming up in the pre season
Bring it on
Butler that is

Marcon as I think he will be upgraded before the season starts ala Lambert. Reckon he is cherry ripe to step straight in and do a job.

Other than that McBean, a Moore and Butler

This little black duck just looks forward to some footy at last, apart from watching some of the newies perform.

Hoping like mad that Rioli does well. We so need an active skilled crumbing forward.

DirtyDogTiger said:
As individuals I'm looking forward to Yarran and C Ellis.

From a team POV I'm looking forward to watching Townsend and A Moore
That might not make sense but I know what I mean

Think I do, cos I would say similar. I'd add Lloyd because if he can take that next step which has managed to do every time so far, he could be a beauty this year. He looks as fit as ever.

I’m really keen to see last year’s recruits – including the rookies Soldo, Short and Castagna.

Of this year’s bunch – I suppose Chol’s a curiosity – but I wouldn’t be expecting too much this early in his development. And I’m hoping Marcon is Lambert MkII.

I’d like to see Lennon start to dominate against lesser opponents.

My big hope is that Elton shows that he will be ready to challenge Chappie for a spot this season.

Lastly, I’d like to see a more attacking game plan.

I wanna see McBean step up to what I think he could become, Rioli, C Ellis, Chol, Elton & Lennon. That and the senior players moving to the next level that will propel us into finals and actually win a couple....................................if not all ;D

I want to see McBean so we can all just talk about the facts instead of speculating about his senior credentials.

I'm always keen to see the newbies, of which Chol and Rioli hold the most intrigue. Marcon will be one to watch as he could easily fill a role in the seniors, and we are at a stage where role players will take us the next step.

For that reason, I'm looking at Yarran, Griffiths, A Moore, Lloyd, C Ellis and Lennon as the guys that will be given the front running to improve our overall senior team with the required consistency of performance and depth.

The finish of the Aus Open tennis is always my trigger to get pumped about the AFL Season :clap

bullus_hit said:
I want to see McBean so we can all just talk about the facts instead of speculating about his senior credentials.

Are NAB goals AFL standard goals ?

Boyzee said:
The finish of the Aus Open tennis is always my trigger to get pumped about the AFL Season :clap

Same here, but it also includes the fizzing out of the cricket season which just disappears into thin air.

DjJazzyPete said:
The cricket season has gone to NZ

Like he said ... fizzzzzzzz

Re NAB cup, happy to just blood as many of the young talent as suitable. Otherwise, minimal practice game time for top 22 players. That's all I want to see.

Just dread getting any long-term injuries in a meaningless game. Know injuries can happen at training, gardening (Ottens), crossing a tramline (Polac), anywhere really etc. But it seems particularly useless to cop an injury in a NAB game.
Just my anxiety for the real season kicking in.

poppa x said:
Griffiths for me.
I want to see him take the NAB games by the scruff of the neck and rag doll everyone.

Prefer him to do that in September games than February games..........