Who are you looking forward to seeing in the NAB Challenge ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who are you looking forward to seeing in the NAB Challenge ?

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I have been on and off this forum over the off season but every time I come on the same subjects seem to be still getting debated.

Let's change the mood and talk some positives and discuss who we are looking forward to seeing in the preseason comp? That could be a young player who you expect to come on, one of our new recruits or maybe a player who has been injured and is coming back. Maybe it's someone who you think might do a McIntosh and come from nowhere and become a regular.

I have a couple. One is Corey Ellis and the other is Jason Castagna.

Castagna is the smokey to force his way into the team from my perspective.

Corey Ellis for sure. Add in Castagna, Menadue, Townsend, A Moore, C Moore, Drummond, Short and Butler. Hoping that all may play seniors this year but probably more unlikely for the rookies that I've shown here.

It will be interesting to see which rookie they target to promote before the start of the season, it probably could be almost any of them but most likely to be either Castagna or Marcon.

Elton, Yarran and Rioli.

Seeing Conca with an uninterrupted preseason is another

Yeah, always look forward to seeing the newcomers and the kids: Yarran, Rioli, Broad, Moore, Short, Castagna, Butler, Mckenzie, Chol.

Have to say that mine is Yarran. I really think his addition will give us the chance to 'reconfigure' ball movement and I look forward to his great runs down the MCG, or Shep... ;D

Carter said:
George will be one to watch, agree 100% Sin.

Good times ;D
I really like him as a player but I have the odd concern about some decision making and his disposal at times. Then again we all had the same concerns about Rance 5 years ago.

Sintiger said:
I have been on and off this forum over the off season but every time I come on the same subjects seem to be still getting debated.

Let's change the mood and talk some positives and discuss who we are looking forward to seeing in the preseason comp? That could be a young player who you expect to come on, one of our new recruits or maybe a player who has been injured and is coming back. Maybe it's someone who you think might do a McIntosh and come from nowhere and become a regular.

I have a couple. One is Corey Ellis and the other is Jason Castagna.

Castagna is the smokey to force his way into the team from my perspective.

Yep, George is the one to look for. I suppose we all know not to get too hyped up with a player's form as it's only the NAB Challenge, but if they show something, it's time they 'walk the walk' in the H&A season.

The competition between Elton and Astbury will be interesting to see as one would have to make it and seal Chaplin's spot soon enough.

More of Coz, Zorro and Rio.

Conca , Yarren , C Ellis , and roili think these guys are the key to moving up the ladder

Naturally I’m keen to see some of the new kids, but of the others, I’m very keen to see how Dave Astbury goes, Beany & McKenzie, Yarran, C. Ellis, Lennon & Lloyd, Townsend & Moore.

Can’t wait. :spin

Geez. Pretty sad when only Rosy nominates the Beanster for a hard watch during the NAB whatchamacallit challenge. Oh ye of little faith, hang your heads in shame.

Two obvious ones for mine are the Beanster n C Ellis, want to see both of these blokes get a massive run around the pre season games.

Also hoping to catch a look at a good raft of the other youngsters during the practice games, Menadooooooo, Rioli, George, Bazza McKenzie, Shorty etc etc.
This is what pre season practice matches are for, giving the fans a look at the up coming future contenders, giving the youngsters the opportunity to try n claim a senior spot during the year n obviously running the senior players into some match conditioning ready to start the season.

Seeing what Mabior can do in a game is what I'm looking forward to. Dan Butler is my smokey for round 1 so keen to see him in action.

As individuals I'm looking forward to Yarran and C Ellis.

From a team POV I'm looking forward to watching Townsend and A Moore
That might not make sense but I know what I mean

the kids & new recruits.
in the case of the rookies/draftees, the 1st game could be all they are penciled in for for the season, play well there & selection has a nice little headache on it's hands