whipping boy crisis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

whipping boy crisis

ninjahaha said:
Lets not forget "supa Coach"

since before toast was invented tigers have...

15 wins in 2013
first time we have made back to back finals
First team to make finals from 3-10
7 wins from last 8 outings this season
18 wins from our last 24
beaten the scum: out coached buckley
beat the filf twice in the same season: outcoached malthouse
Only side to beat the top side: outcoached Lyon
beaten the consistent AFL sanctioned power sidsney: outcoached malthouse
thats two sides of the top 4
Winning from games when we are behind
4/4 interstate wins
Starting to beat the teams we should
Leaders standing up
Perennial no hopers like rance, Jack and Shank receiving praise from cross the board

Still canned for selection's within our capped list with a fairly hefty injury list
Not slamming home %
No plan B/Poor game day coach

what a spud

God help him if we lose another game. Not even he will save him if we dont win a final this year.

On the bright side the daily post numbers will shoot back up.
You forgot "Most successful of the rebuilding teams during the compromised draft era." Generally agreed upon as the worst time to attempt a complete list turn over.
Kudos to dimma and his team.
I have been frustrated but the graph keeps going up.

zgod said:
You forgot "Most successful of the rebuilding teams during the compromised draft era." Generally agreed upon as the worst time to attempt a complete list turn over.
Kudos to dimma and his team.
I have been frustrated but the graph keeps going up.

Also we had the worst list in the comp when he took over.

We have all been frustrated ZG.

My opinion is he has and still wont take short cuts. Understands what it takes to build a Hawks, Sidney sustained success and that he has sacrificed easy quick fixes that will come back and bite us latter down the track.

A coach can't be a whipping boy. Take it to another thread.

If we trade for Motlop he's definite elite whipping boy potential.

Whipping boys are players. Always have been, always will be.

Baloo said:

I seen people here call the filth the scum, even the scum the filth,
chicken poo by any other name would smell as sweet!

Not convinced.

Feels like he's only second to Jordan McMahon!

Ok Bare Necessities, how does this grab yah?

What about Double agent whipping boyz?

Players who where whipping boys while they played for RFC, then once they go to another club are used as a method for whipping the club for being so stupid to let them go. A prime reason for a foul output delivery. The very essence of why we are failing to deliver the magical 11th! Why we are merde so we will vent merde!

Eg Matty the reason White. Robyn cant finds me feet Nahasty.

Baloo said:
Gott agree. A coach can be a messiah and a villain in the space of a week, even a game.
A true whipping boy will continually cop it even in the face of sustained performances. A whipped boy's stats do him no favours and his goals, no matter how many and important are "out the back and cheap"
A whipped boy can only be granted clemency once the outside world takes notice and is from that point on vehemently defended and praise heaped upon him like a golden child ala titch and rance

zgod said:
Gott agree. A coach can be a messiah and a villain in the space of a week, even a game.
A true whipping boy will continually cop it even in the face of sustained performances. A whipped boy's stats do him no favours and his goals, no matter how many and important are "out the back and cheap"
A whipped boy can only be granted clemency once the outside world takes notice and is from that point on vehemently defended and praise heaped upon him like a golden child ala titch and rance

Dunno if that worked for Tyrone though ;D

antman said:
To the outside Tyrone was a spud who can't play. Now he's a violent and dangerous spud who can't play.

I actually disagree Anty, i think the rest of AFL think he can play but temperamental and perhaps a tad arrogant and likes a cheap shot, dont think for a second they believe hes the next Paul salmon but most would have him above their resting forward 2nd ruck...

Classic Whipping boy

They're not boys. They can be loathed, hated and adorned at the same time but they're not whipping boys.

Baloo said:
They're not boys. They can be loathed, hated and adorned at the same time but they're not whipping boys.

Yep, gotta be players, otherwise the bootstudder doesn't stand a chance

Ian4 said:
i'm trying to think back... who have I bagged more over the years? newman or tivendale? :hihi

A whipping boy normally has a majority of posters slamming him despite the obvious good performances. Individual vendettas don't really count as whipping boys.

Baloo said:
A whipping boy normally has a majority of posters slamming him despite the obvious good performances. Individual vendettas don't really count as whipping boys.

I think the majority have come over to my way of thinking on newman. tivers was always a whipping boy.

Ian4 said:
I think the majority have come over to my way of thinking on newman. tivers was always a whipping boy.

Thinking that Newman is past it now is far different from thinking he was always poor.