Where do our weaknesses lie most? (poll) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Where do our weaknesses lie most? (poll)

Where do our weaknesses lie most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After three failed finals not one player has been dropped so what does that say about the coach?

ps the coach doesn't have to sack a player, just a stint in the two's is enough to send a message. During the year when players underperformed they were not dropped unless is was Lloyd or Lennon ect.

yandb said:
After three failed finals not one player has been dropped so what does that say about the coach?

ps the coach doesn't have to sack a player, just a stint in the two's is enough to send a message. During the year when players underperformed they were not dropped unless is was Lloyd or Lennon ect.

Derrrrrr! Bit hard to drop a player after the elimination final has been lost and there's not another game until the next year.
It's a collective team game of twenty two players, even the best and most experienced player has the odd quiet game during the season, just as the fringe or struggling player can step up n play the odd blinder. This is rarely a reason for dropping quality players to the magoos as the good players will usually rebound immediately.

The core senior players who played well enough all year to enable us to play finals are the same ones who crapped out n played poor footy during our finals, how is that the coaches fault? How does he rectify the problem? Drop Cotch, Edwards, Lids, Eevan, Dusty, Tyrone, Grigg, Batch, Lambert, n a few others on the thurs night n promote Elton, Menadue, Short, McBean, Lennon, Lloyd, Gordon etc to replace them in the final??
I'm sure that would send a message somewhere.

yandb said:
The coach can replace the players who underperform perform but the players can't replace the coach if he underperforms.

If the coach continually picks the underperforming players who is at fault.

So are you suggesting that Dimma drop Cotchin the next time we play finals?

Cotchy has let the team down badly in the past two EF's. It's too easy to blame the coach for everything, especially when the entire midfield rotation apart from Miles, fails to fire a shot.

I think it's time some of our so called star players starting looking in the mirror to find the answer to our finals failures.

Leadership and coach for me.

Too much modern thinking about leadership. Leaders are your best warriors that stand up in big games. Jack and Rance - that's it. Our two best leaders play the two hardest positions in footy - we are blessed. We're just not making the most of it. As stated by another poster - leadership is not a popularity contest.

Coaches are stuck for ideas and how to motivate the players. Three EF losses in a row, game plan, game day approach and lack of effective innovation prove it. Need a change.

someone else has probably said it, but i'm going for 'between the ears'.

Inside grunt. Hopefully Townsend and McIntosh can head to the clinches to help out Cotch and Miles.

Mental fortitude is the other one.