What would Graeme Richmond do | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What would Graeme Richmond do

The rules and culture have changed. Its a pointless hypothetical. sorry to be a killjoy

We know what GRichmond would which isn't the Richmond way now.

He would sack Dimma and give $ and trade a very player to get Trealor , Danger to the club.

A ruthless man with the best intentions but was wrong on Hafey. Should never have gone to the Pies. We had 2-3 flags still in us with that side and Tommy was loved!

TheCan said:
G.RICHMOND would be turning in his grave this week.
He woould sell the farm and acquire at least KRUESER,

Is that the Kreuzer from whom Collingwood have withdrawn their contact offer based on their medical team's assessment?

asian tetley said:
Ha ha. Your joking it was Ian Wilson.
In term of eras it doesn't matter. One thing GR could do was judge footballers better than most.
And that is something that we don't have at the club at present
Wilson and GR worked very closely together. Jack Dyer is reported to have said to them: 'You two private school poofters better not *smile* up my club.'

tigersnake said:
The rules and culture have changed. Its a pointless hypothetical. sorry to be a killjoy

Agree. GR wouldn't get away now with what GR did way back then. Would still like someone as ruthless pulling the right strings just the same.

Total ruthlessness, bullying and extortion doesn't work in today's business environment and wouldn't work in our club.

We left that period behind for a reason.

He'd sack Beavis and go into a bidding war with every player that Collingwood are thinking of getting, then we'd find ourselves financially broke and with a toxic culture that needs 30 years to repair

Baloo said:
He'd sack Beavis and go into a bidding war with every player that Collingwood are thinking of getting, then we'd find ourselves financially broke and with a toxic culture that needs 30 years to repair
I came here to write that. Beat me to it.

toby64 said:
GR would have sacked Hardwick. Thats what he would have done.

And paid overs for has beens like Al Martello, Darryl Sutton, Geoff Ablett, Ross Brewer etc. etc.

ian Stewart, Robbie McGhie from Dog reject to 2 flags, Paul Sproule from Essendon, shafting North to get *smile* Clay, David Thorpe in when Stewart was cooked. Had a few credits in the bank.

He might have punched out the Bombers administrators who upset him
and the north committee if one of their players robed one of ours in the Brownlow

22nd Man said:
ian Stewart, Robbie McGhie from Dog reject to 2 flags, Paul Sproule from Essendon, shafting North to get *smile* Clay, David Thorpe in when Stewart was cooked. Had a few credits in the bank.
He did do a good job, but I think Tommy Hafey had a fair bit to do with making most of them, Stewart excepted (he already had 2 Brownlows), succeed.

Trade: Brian Roberts, Francis Jackson and Graham Teasdale for - John Pitura

Trade: Dustin Martin, Dylan Grimes, Jack Riewoldt For - Jack Watts

I’m tipping he would have a few beers and get into a fight first. Then he would turn up to work on Monday tired and emotional and yell a lot.

Eventually, he would go out and recruit every best and fairest winner from every competition outside of the AFL for next year.

se7en said:
Trade: Brian Roberts, Francis Jackson and Graham Teasdale for - John Pitura

Trade: Dustin Martin, Dylan Grimes, Jack Riewoldt For - Jack Watts
Although we paid overs and he wasn't much good for us, Pitura was a pretty decent player for the Swans. I can't imagine Jack Watts receiving death threats from Dees supporters if he wanted to go. On the other hand if he said he was going and then changed his mind the threats may start coming.