What do you as a supporter accept as a redeemable game v Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What do you as a supporter accept as a redeemable game v Crows

Tubytiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 14, 2004
I think its a interesting question. I havent put a poll on it as there are too many permutations in this equation. Just want peoples thoughts on the outcome of the game especially after the performance last week and for the season up to now. We face the crows who aren on zip as well. Their side was widely tipped as a top 4 side at best before the season started.

For me, with our side we have at the moment, i cant help but tip at best 24 point loss. But others may have differing opionins. There was what seemed a light in the first quarter against the dockers where it seemed we clicked for a quarter with our on ballers getting their hands on the ball first and once it got down to our forward line our forward when not kicking goals held the ball in there with old fashioned fericious tackling.

On Sunday night i just hope to see the boys do all the 1%ers. We all know what they are - tackling, chasing hard, talking to the guy who has the ball and more importantly using the ball to advantage. Obviously we have a long way to go but if we start getting these inplace and get the game plan going then we will see a much better performance this week.

Go Tigers!!!

Re: What do you as a supporter except as a acceptable game v Crows

Just a fighting performance.

To loose by 5 goals or more would be a poor result, but if we can stay competitive the whole game (not let anything blow out) then I would be happy.

Plenty of run this week is the key. Linking handballs and run together.

mb64 said:
5-10 goal loss is acceptable

Ouch!!! 10 goal loss... Surely we couldnt go that bad against the side that is also holding up the ladder on 0 wins MB.

with cuz and foley out i would agree with the 5-10 goal loss as most likely result
as bad as we are its frustrating that our strongest area(midfield) has been stuffed by injuries this year..

Tubytiger said:
Ouch!!! 10 goal loss... Surely we couldnt go that bad against the side that is also holding up the ladder on 0 wins MB.
Over there yes Tuby,Crows are alot better than their ladder position.They'd probably only beat us by 5 goals over here.

mb64 said:
Over there yes Tuby,Crows are alot better than their ladder position.They'd probably only beat us by 5 goals over here.

Fair enough MB - will be interesting to see. I certainly see the boys putting up a better effort than last week but that would not be hard. All the pressure is on the crows as i see it. Whilst i dont see us winning i see us being very competitive this week.

I really hope we win just to see the reaction of the Adelaide ferals, and what would happen to Neil Craig, but the way we are going we'd be lucky to get within 40 points

I don't think the scoreboard is a huge issue. Obviously the closer we are to the oppositions score, the better.

I mostly want to see a lift in intensity. When we don't have the ball, heaps of pressure and fierce tackleing. I want to yell BALL at my tv on many occasions.

And when we win possession, I want to see us run and spread. Create options and play some good attacking footy.

If we make a few mistakes trying to take the game on, then so be it. Stick to the game plan as DH keeps saying. And if at times we are a bit too light, then so be it too. We can't help that at the moment.

As long as the players come off tired and have done their best, then I will be encouraged. And it means it is another game we have learnt from and developed, and another game towards our kids feeling like they belong out there.

Tigers of Old said:
I wanna see the AAMI stadium grandstand burned to the ground. :fire

Tigers by 10 points.

Good on ya ToO. Wouldnt we all love that mate. Anyone who has had the "priviledge" and that term is used ever so loosely would know what you are on about - including me on several occassions unfortunately.

Tubytiger said:
Good on ya ToO. Wouldnt we all love that mate. Anyone who has had the "priviledge" and that term is used ever so loosely would know what you are on about - including me on several occassions unfortunately.

This game has the potential to be a "Coach Killer" if the tigers do pull off the upset.

I'd love to see that... :)

Tigers of Old said:
I wanna see the AAMI stadium grandstand burned to the ground. :fire

Tigers by 10 points.

Hell yes!!...excuse the pun as the grounds will look like the depths of hell on fire if they lose ;)

Even though I will be watching the game, when telecast, I'm recording it too just in case we win :hihi

RoyceHart said:
This game has the potential to be a "Coach Killer" if the tigers do pull off the upset.

I'd love to see that... :)

I actually really like Neil Craig, always willing to give more in interviews than another coach, is very measured and quite articulate. When he's been on SEN in the morning I've thoroughly enjoyed what he's had to say, I think it's the players who aren't holding up their end of the deal. I expect the crows to win by 24-48 pts this week.

This will be one of our few winnable games this year. I am certainly hoping for a win. Going in relatively tall so hope we don't get rain.

I have nothing to add except to say I'm tired of these Sunday games.

If we give it a crack for four quarters and have kids standing out I'd be happy. The scoreboard should be no
more than 40 points.

hellenictiger said:
If we give it a crack for four quarters and have kids standing out I'd be happy. The scoreboard should be no
more than 40 points.

I think 30 or less is acceptable, the crows don't run out games, but then I suppose neither do we. Our only real chance of winning is we need them to cop a few injuries early to reduce rotations. Crows were woeful when they had little or no bench in the melb game was it 1.2 in the second half?