What can our VFL kids do to get a game? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What can our VFL kids do to get a game?

We re challenging for a top 4 spot meaning there's no room for passengers if youngsters come in they gotta contribute . Different if you re bottom 4 , play them until the cows come home

Arnott is being groomed for small back pocket.he should make it too.
Unlike the incumbent, he is keen to take a collision, and will kick it well, and make better decisions.

St Kevin said:
Arnot isn't up to it. That has been proven ad nauseum.

McDonough is carrying a spare tire, and that hinders him greatly at AFL.

McBean should get a chance ahead of Griff imo.
you know your footy, agree 100% with every word,

arnott is s-h-i-t, probably am insulting s-h-i-t by saying this.

When given an opportunity, grab it with both hands and make an impression. Jarhead being the prime example.

Can someone explain to me what is an AFL standard goal?

There were many in the Freo game that would surely not have met that standard.

lamb22 said:
1. Arnott - looks like the bloke in Sons of Anarchy. Park the hog in Dimma's car spot with a note to contact the Bandidos if he has any problems.

2. Madonna - Wear one of those superman suits with abs and shoulders under the training gear. Swap Menulog subscription for light and easy.

3. Beanie. This is a tricky one because despite being a head taller than nearly everyone else Clarke and Handbrake don't seem to notice him. Actually as they are loking at his navel they probably don't know what he looks like. Needs a multi pronged attack. (a) Go the blond rinse but leave the dark beard , ala the full Javier Bardem in Skyfall (b) A tattoo on the inside forearm with some ancient wisdom like " Dunna tell me I dunna kick AFL standard goals, Nancy Boy" and (c) Eccentric forwards need eccentric names. I'd go the Lumumba/Lake route but with a hypen. How about Liam Angus Burger Mctavish-Mcbean.

Any other suggestions welcome

:hihi

UntamedTiger said:

Perhaps that's the problem, he isn't kicking enough substandard goals to go with them.

UntamedTiger said:

It's a bit odd isn't it? Clarke brought up Liam kicking AFL standards goals again in his VFL wrap.

So if Liam kicks 6 VFL standard goals he has no chance of getting a game but 3 AFL standard goals he might have a chance? How many of his 104 goals in 41 VFL games have been AFL standard goals? Geez this sh!ts confusing.

Barnzy said:
It's a bit odd isn't it? Clarke brought up Liam kicking AFL standards goals again in his VFL wrap.

So if Liam kicks 6 VFL standard goals he has no chance of getting a game but 3 AFL standard goals he might have a chance? How many of his 104 goals in 41 VFL games have been AFL standard goals? Geez this sh!ts confusing.

Tigers of Old said:
Contested marks.

Seems that players have different standards applied to them. Other than Jack, I do not recall Vickery or Griffiths taking a 'contested' mark and follow it up with a goal. They are pretty good at getting out on their own. Personally, I would take 2 or 3 non AFL standard goals from Liam every week, if that's the case.