West Coast Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

West Coast Game Day Thread

So far our 2009 Draft Picks (end 3rd qtr) :

Martin - 20 touches, 2 goals
Nason - 12 touches, 3 goals
Farmer - 14 touches, 1 goal from defence
Griffiths - 3 touches
Astbury - 5 touches.

With the exception of Griffiths and Astbury, the rest are having great games.
A definite tick to our recruiting last year.

I can't remember a first year player dishing out as many "don't argue's" as Dusty has this year. Can you imagine what a unit this guy is going to be in 5 years?

Nason has rebounded with a fantastic game. Definitely has a football brain that one. Knows where to run, and tackles like a guy twice his size. Champion.

Didn't see Griffiths out there in the 3rd, hope he's ok.

One thing I love about our game today is our run out of the defense. McGuane, Moore, Connors, Edwards and Deledio have been instrumental in hitting up open targets in the midfield with their quick disposal and run out of the backline.

We're playing very similar to how we did in the early 90's under Northey, no nonsense, hard running, hard tackling football with a young team, and a big target up forward grabbing contested marks. It's just pure, old fashioned football, and I love it.

Well done Hardwick, and well done Tigers... Excellent game. Excellent to watch.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Graeme has had more touches than Bling. Bling has less touches than any other mid. Wonder what we could get for Richie in the trade market

Very quite game today. Only 3 tackles.

Coburg beckons for awhile.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Graeme has had more touches than Bling. Bling has less touches than any other mid. Wonder what we could get for Richie in the trade market
Hard to get touches when he's down in the rooms with a shoulder injury

Kel Moore has just rolled his ankle badly too

Disappointing start to the last quarter....if we end up with a four goal win it will be a very bitter end to an otherwise great game.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them pull back a bit as we have normally faded in the last this year.

If anyone is interested. JR's 5 goals in the 1st quarter for the game on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5RIXp9IhaQ&feature=player_embedded