Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

Good Luck to the kid.
We need some.
Hope his debut and first few touches are as memorable as Juddy's were a few weeks back.

Reactions: 3 users
I’m
We will remind ourselves of George and FAarts and be gentle with him
Go Sonz
I’m not a expert but the fact farts ever for a game over him or pretty much anyone this year is ridiculous IMO. Aarts was never going to be anything more than a solid vfl player.
George well he’s won 3 premierships coming of the rookie list so as much as he *smile* us all he could teach a lot about perseverance to a lot of the kids.

Reactions: 1 user
At times, has looked a class above at VFL level which is always a great sign for a first year player.

Currently averages 21.6 disposals per game in the VFL this year with 3 games of 30 disposals or more. You have to go back to 2019 with Jack Ross and 2017 with Jack Graham to find first year midfielders with those kind of numbers for us.

Reactions: 1 users
Can’t wait to see how he goes in the big league. I’m hoping he’s one of those players that acclimates super quickly because he’s born to play AFL.

I said this about him earlier this season. He seems like one of those players that once he gets in, will be hard to displace, though we do have a couple of pretty good players coming back in the next few weeks.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to the Sonz. The club has eased him in this season which is great. I feel like he's going to be a player that is better at AFL level than VFL level.

Debuting against North, and replacing George. This has to be the least pressured debut of all time. Good luck young man!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I said this about him earlier this season. He seems like one of those players that once he gets in, will be hard to displace, though we do have a couple of pretty good players coming back in the next few weeks.
That’s okay. At least he gets a taste of AFL senior footy to drive the hunger and desire for more.

lungs will be on fire by the 15 min mark. Wish him all the best, two way running at the next level will demonstrate how much work he has ahead over the next few preseasons to build his tank.

100 game player :)
but we may not see that on Saturday :-(

it is a sticky game to debut in ,
Norf will throw themselves around and it will be physical and willing at stages
not ideal for a skinny kid
but no doubt we will try and control the ball , spread it quickly and make it a contest of skill , structures and quick ball movement
they will want to get down and dirty and play more like rugby

Will be our best draft pick since Dusty, apologies to Balta, Gibcus and Co.

Edit

Since Bolton.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Will be our best draft pick since Dusty, apologies to Balta, Gibcus and Co.
He has to be our best pick, because they aren't any left.
How did he get a game,? ordinary against Collingwood who had lost the last 4 games and once again we had a bye in the 2's.
These 5 picks under 30, are looking flaky

• Dislike
From limited viewing I like his movement in tight and his composure before releasing it. Doesn't looked rushed and has excellent awareness balance and disposal skills. Reckon he'll adjust well to the pace of AFL but the big question is will he adapt to the physicality.

From limited viewing I like his movement in tight and his composure before releasing it. Doesn't looked rushed and has excellent awareness balance and disposal skills. Reckon he'll adjust well to the pace of AFL but the big question is will he adapt to the physicality.
I read two way running was a negative so hopefully he can fix that part up.

This kid has been getting every opportunity at VFA level (coach confidence) and keeps improving. Can get a kick. Ideal time to debut him.