Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad

Can we suspend the post by tigers80 in perpetuity so it always appears on the last page of this thread?
You know, as homage to Boobsy and 2017?
:)):))

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Broady is our champion and true Richmond man. He continues to improve and takes his game higher each year. Well done Nathan.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
The ultimate club man, Always give his all on the field, support and tutors his teammates, a real leader on field and above all loyal to the club. If only some others had his ethos

Reactions: 7 users
Love this bloke.

Shining light for the club.

My son has been wondering which number he should go with, now that we've taken number 7 off after the treacherous greedy charlatan decided to turn his back on the one club that gave him a chance in life left cos he missed his mummy.

I Reckon Broady might come into the conversation.

Reactions: 3 users
Love this bloke.

My son has been wondering which number he should go with, now that we've taken number 7 off after the treacherous greedy charlatan decided to turn his back on the one club that gave him a chance in life left cos he missed his mummy.

He and Vlas are the only 2 from the triple Premiership team that haven’t significantly dropped off.

Reactions: 7 users
Love this bloke.

Finally got around to listening to the chat with Dale Thomas.... my biggest takeaway was it's not about him.
Such a humble bloke, full of gratitude for what the club has brought to his life.
Can't see him ever changing his triple flag number anytime soon IMO.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
He and Vlas are the only 2 from the triple Premiership team that haven’t significantly dropped off.
Hold on. And Nank - having some of his best years. Not entirely his fault that most of the umps don't realise it's a man's game!

Reactions: 1 users
Love this bloke.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me if Broady wants to keep # 35 for the whole time he is at the club. It is his number and he has made it special

• Love
You know, it wouldn't surprise me if Broady wants to keep # 35 for the whole time he is at the club. It is his number and he has made it special
Why would he change his number now ?

Is on track to finish his RFC career as the most succesful and decorated player to wear the #35 guernsey over the most games. at 148 I think he has already played the most games in it.

Newman didn't wear it for his whole career, nor did he win 3 flags, only wore it for half the amount of games Broady did.

Whitey probably ran to the bench faster than Broady but Broadys tatts have Whiteys flame tatt covered as well.

Michael Pickering great servant over 136 games but also left the club to play for the Go Deez which is unforgiveable. ;)

Chrissy Bond also wore the #35 for 90 games before going to Freo.

Last edited:
Finally got around to listening to the chat with Dale Thomas.... my biggest takeaway was it's not about him.
Such a humble bloke, full of gratitude for what the club has brought to his life.
Can't see him ever changing his triple flag number anytime soon

Early days he gets us premierships and award winning breasts.

Keeps rewarding us with loyalty and leadership and hopefully more award winning breasts.

Legend

• Haha
"No one really wanted me as a 22 year old BUT Richmond did. I am fully indebted to this club and looking to get us back up the ladder."

Leader - Would be a travesty if he is not in leadership group in 2025

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Michael Pickering great servant over 136 games but also left the club to play for the Go Deez which is unforgiveable. ;)
Only 136b games? Just shows how little we really have to remember positively from those years. He alongside Trevor Poole were our stars!

"No one really wanted me as a 22 year old BUT Richmond did. I am fully indebted to this club and looking to get us back up the ladder."

Leader - Would be a travesty if he is not in leadership group in 2025
I wonder how much #lolnorf offered Broady.
Probably $4 thousand million hundred and a new Kodak instamatic.
No doubt Broady turned turned down a very handsome offer to stay with us. It speaks volumes for his character that he is showing such loyalty.

Agree about Rioli, but I left him off because he won’t be a Tiger after this year.
We will never know, but it would be great to understand whether it is game style, the punt road surface, our S&C department or just luck (lots of guys are finished by early 30s) that had meant most of our guys have struggled around the 30yo mark.

We will never know, but it would be great to understand whether it is game style, the punt road surface, our S&C department or just luck (lots of guys are finished by early 30s) that had meant most of our guys have struggled around the 30yo mark.
I think it has a lot to do with the game style. It’s extremely physically taxing, then there’s the emotional burnout during 2020. The S&C department have also definitely played their part.

Reactions: 1 user