Welcome Oliver Hayes-Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Oliver Hayes-Brown

Got a really good feeling about this guy. Loves physical contact!! Great attitude.

Reactions: 1 users
Did I hear "great coach" ? Does he look somewhat a footballer on that day you saw him in training Julius?
The day I saw him I were only passing by so didn't see much except to report there was a tall mystery train on player and didn't really take much notice, I will now ;)

Reactions: 1 users
The day I saw him I were only passing by so didn't see much except to report there was a tall mystery train on player and didn't really take much notice, I will now ;)
Contact of mine was at one of his training sessions. Said he was miles off.

Reactions: 2 users
Thought it was a *smile* take that photo.
It’s really him? Mutton chops are back in?

At 208cm and as a rebounder in BB, you'd think all he needs to do is play forward and contest the ball and bring it to ground. Think Samson Ryan with some strength and competitiveness.

At 208cm and as a rebounder in BB, you'd think all he needs to do is play forward and contest the ball and bring it to ground. Think Samson Ryan with some strength and competitiveness.
Similar size to Paul Salmon. Played footy up to age 15 so he's got a bit of work to do, but with Soldo etc. to support him we wish him well.

Reactions: 1 user
Coming in late to this thread. Could he be our Scott Pendlebury?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
He can play if he shaves that beard off.

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

• Haha
He looks slow i reckon, even as a ruck, which will make it very hard to succeed in the AFL

This bloke feels like the intersection of my two sporting loves, AFL and basketball. I'm putting myself up there in the top 2.45% of people who can identify ballers whose skill sets can translate. And here's my take on OHB.

1) Vision and ability to read the play around him- very good. Understands spacing, where players are moving and how things are going.
2)Bodywork and physicality - will translate very well, can shift weight around and move bodies to get to a better position, very good.
3) Tap work- I'll bet he is a very good tap ruckman. Will put the ball to the right spot.

I see these three as being elite for a man his size coming into the game.

Negaitves, not a leaper at all. Limited vertical. Will need to be a body work ruck in the Sean Darcy mode. Don't expect Luke Jackson at all.
Will not be a explosive athlete at all. Looks very slow over three steps but his thinking and sport IQ will make up for a lot of it. Need to see it but that's my take.

Great unknown- What kind of endurance athlete he is. This will determine if he makes it or not. Went to Peninsula Grammar, for me that would be the last time he played AFL. We need someone to find out about that.

But I love this gamble, do it every year. Ideally you find a 6"7 basketballer.
Nice work. Do we expect him to be able to kick it? That's a long ball drop from that height. Will it matter? What if the plan is just to stick him in the goal square in the VFL and for him to smash it down the throats of the smalls so that they can learn crumbing craft in preparation for their senior careers? Is that a win for us? Maybe - if he's really good at it.