Week 1 Finals: the bowl splatter games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Week 1 Finals: the bowl splatter games.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
BEAT GEELONG YOU DUDS !

Can't believe they have brought that slow, heavy plonker Dixon back in. I fear Geelong are going to another GF. Lift you duds ! Lift !

Footscray, you can also lift. Beat Borethorn. Can't stand their soft, front running fans.

Reactions: 6 users
The wheels have fallen off the bloose, talk about desperation at the selection table but then I guess they did just fall in.

Agree want the scats to scream out in straight sets and given the dawks expect to win, I am now officially off their band wagon - I don’t like their arrogance.

The wheels have fallen off the bloose, talk about desperation at the selection table but then I guess they did just fall in.

Agree want the scats to scream out in straight sets and given the dawks expect to win, I am now officially off their band wagon - I don’t like their arrogance.
Can't stand Borethorn fans. The moment they're average they drop off in spades, big time.

My old girl's family follows them. When they won 3 premierships you couldn't shut them up. But for the last 6-7 years they haven't wanted to talk about football except to get all salty and jealous about Richmond's success.

And now that they're back in the finals they're interested in football again - and quipping about Richmond still.

I keep saying to them "It's nice to have you back and interested in football again. You went missing for quite a while there."

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Power smash the Cats and makes them very sore for next weeks game.
Dogs beat the Hawks, worst jumper I have seen, two shades of poop.
Giants knock off the Swans and keep their Finals record intact against the Swans.
Paddle Pops use their home ground advantage to send to the Salary Cap Cheats back to Princes Park with empty brown paper bags and huge dose of the Blues.

As far as the scheduling of the Games typical Double Standards from the AFL.
The AFL bang on about Ladder Position Fairness etc then the games should be played in the Following Order
Swans v Giants
Power v Cats
Lions v Blues
Dogs v Hawks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Can't stand Borethorn fans. The moment they're average they drop off in spades, big time.

My old girl's family follows them. When they won 3 premierships you couldn't shut them up. But for the last 6-7 years they haven't wanted to talk about football except to get all salty and jealous about Richmond's success.

And now that they're back in the finals they're interested in football again - and quipping about Richmond still.

I keep saying to them "It's nice to have you back and interested in football again. You went missing for quite a while there."
Yeah, I’ve mentioned this before how cocky & smug hawthorn fans found other things to do in the 90s in lean times (I like golf now, I spend time with my family, I haven’t got time, I’m busy with work ) but bounced back with more smugness and cockiness for the 2008 + period.

Reactions: 2 users

It's the universal experience with Hawthorn people. The minute their team isn't winning they're suddenly busy with their dental or suburban accountancy practices.

Winners this week:
Poort
Dogs
Bears
Giants

Port
Dogs
Lions
Giants

But have grave fears for Port tonight. Finals is when old mate Ken goes to water.

Reactions: 3 users
It's the universal experience with Hawthorn people. The minute their team isn't winning they're suddenly busy with their dental or suburban accountancy practices.

Winners this week:
Poort
Dogs
Bears
Giants
Exactly. Its the new pool they're putting in the backyard, their kids fantastic basketball team at some preppy private school etc etc.

The above first week winners scenario would be perfect.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a feeling there will be a shock this weekend with Carlton upsetting the bears. I am saying that without seeing their team but if they get a few back I reckon the fragile bears may crack.

Dogs and Hawks a toss up now. I favoured the dogs earlier because of the triple towers up forward but it is expected to be wet which will help the Hawks small forwards. Expect 7-8 free kick goals from high contact frees as 4 of the best exponents of 'the Sellwood' are on the park together in Weightman, Moore, Ginnivan and Watson.

I’ve seen more than enough Hawthorn success in my lifetime. The 71 grand final was the first one I watched. No more, please. That and Geelong out in straight sets is all I want out of this year.

Big big worries about Abort Adelaide blowing this tonight. Despite their form of recent weeks and a home ground advantage, and the fact they beat Geesuck down at Goombah Stadium earlier in the year as well, there were some worrying stats thrown around this week that suggest Abort are going to be seriously challenged tonight.

### Geelong. Geez !

• Wow
I'm so conflicted on the Snort Powder v Scats game, I'd love to see them both go out in straight sets. Who do I dislike the most, Cornhole or lets do em slowly Scott:unsure:

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah. I think port are the stronger team but they have 2 disadvantages tonight. It’s a final and it’s at home :))
Port have the better midfield, if they win at the source they will go a long way to winning the game. Geelong's strength is the runners on the outside and forwards who excel if the ball comes in quickly.

Port make it a contested game and they win imo.

Dogs and Hawks a toss up now. I favoured the dogs earlier because of the triple towers up forward but it is expected to be wet which will help the Hawks small forwards. Expect 7-8 free kick goals from high contact frees as 4 of the best exponents of 'the Sellwood' are on the park together in Weightman, Moore, Ginnivan and Watson.
Ginnivan sticking it up the FILTH Supporters in Round 19 was one of the Highlights of the year.

Reactions: 1 user
Expect 7-8 free kick goals from high contact frees as 4 of the best exponents of 'the Sellwood' are on the park together in Weightman, Moore, Ginnivan and Watson.
Don't forget the dogs have their own weapon - the most apltly named (kudos spook) crumples macrae.

Personally hate both teams equally so only joy will be at least one of them lose.

Both brothers are Hawks supporters and funnily enough (as noted above by a few posters) are interested in talking football again. They probably couldn't name half of the Hawks side!

• Haha
BEAT GEELONG YOU DUDS !

Can't believe they have brought that slow, heavy plonker Dixon back in. I fear Geelong are going to another GF. Lift you duds ! Lift !

Footscray, you can also lift. Beat Borethorn. Can't stand their soft, front running fans.
Please yes. Dixon, the big useless plastic tough guy who I would say chokes in big games except he was never any good in the first place.

What a dumb selection. Dixon/Ratugolea are a pretty average key forward duo. Georgiades is really hitting some form reckon they don't need both Dixon & Ratugolea. FWIW Dixon has played better as a key forward than Rat , would probably have just swapped them. Hopefully Rioli can snag a few and Rozee/Butters/H-F can also chip in with some goals.

Just win FFS Port. Will be unbearable listening to Scott/Kermit etc if the Cats get up.

Please yes. Dixon, the big useless plastic tough guy who I would say chokes in big games except he was never any good in the first place.

What a dumb selection. Dixon/Ratugolea are a pretty average key forward duo. Georgiades is really hitting some form reckon they don't need both Dixon & Ratugolea. FWIW Dixon has played better as a key forward than Rat , would probably have just swapped them. Hopefully Rioli can snag a few and Rozee/Butters/H-F can also chip in with some goals.

Just win FFS Port. Will be unbearable listening to Scott/Kermit etc if the Cats get up.
Old mate Cornes is already talking about Scott being one of the all time great coaches. Imagine the circle jerking if he wins another one.

• Haha