Was Dimma already prepared for a loss? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Was Dimma already prepared for a loss?

Tigers of Old said:
They are better than us, of that I have absolutely no doubt.
Not so sure about that .
When was the last time our midfield apart from Miles was beaten so badly ? yet we were still able to hit the front in the last quarter .

69 vintage said:
Not so sure about that .
When was the last time our midfield apart from Miles was beaten so badly ? yet we were still able to hit the front in the last quarter .

Agreed!!
We can blame Dimma all we want, but geez, we lost by 17pts.....17pts is nothing these days.....yes, it was a final, and yes, that's three years in a row......but how many years in a row did we fail to even make the finals?, Cotch , Lids, Shed, and a few others had a bad day( and yes, it wasn't good timing to have a stinker ), but with the majority of our guns not firing, we still only fell short by less than 3 goals.....
All the media, other club supporters, even a lot of people on here, are cropping on about how we haven't one a final, how we and how other teams can win finals....well, as far as I'm concerned, what difference does it make?, unless you win the GF, you're nothing!!!
My Pies mates keep reminding me that they have won multiple finals over the past 15 years (and yes, even bagged a GF).....So What????....unless it's the Grannie, it's a meaningless stat.

So people, don't get too hung up on the recent events...we know we can beat the best, we know that our players are good enough, and we know that we still have some young kids that will be guns.......

Bring on the pre season, bring on 2016!!!!! Go you Mighty Tigers!!!!

I'd put us on about par with North right now. We have more upside, but we are also their bunnies. We ain't a top four list, sorry Carts.

We could be quite soon though... A good gun recruit and more input from McBean/Lennon/ perhaps even mcdonuts and we would be close.

Carter said:
The team they put out on the park was better.

We had boys in red hot form. Lennon and Lloyd.

Replaced by lame ducks.

Two blokes like that is more than 15 points difference.
I'm an advocate for both boys and thought Llloyd was right royally shafted but I would never say we would have won it if these 2 played.

Just like Carlton in 2013, Norf are the worst team in the 8. They wouldn't have beaten any team other than Richmond, but then again it's gotten to the point at Tigerland where it doesn't matter who we play in the EF, we'll still lose it.

CarnTheTiges said:
Just like Carlton in 2013, Norf are the worst team in the 8. They wouldn't have beaten any team other than Richmond, but then again it's gotten to the point at Tigerland where it doesn't matter who we play in the EF, we'll still lose it.

they match up very well on us

pessimistic_ said:
I think it's fair to say dogs, crows would of been strong favourite

In a final vs Norf

So were we so I don't get your point.

rosy23 said:
So were we so I don't get your point.

Don't really have a point.

I agree with you, we won't ever know who would of won

But I think the dogs are too fast for Norf, and match up well vs them. Adelaide are just better IMHO

You too are right, we were favourites with the bookies. But I was always worried for many reasons.

Some including then had an advantage by resting everyone, they match up well on us / pumped us many times in recent history. And we seems to always get out coaches by Norf. Who's tatics outsmart us

CarnTheTiges said:
Best way to shake the hoodoo is to finish top 4. Then were guaranteed 2 finals. Cant see us losing 5 in a row.

Just to fill in some extra info on WC's 3 losses.

West Coast finished near bottom 2 years running, enter Worsfold 3 straight years of finals losses before 2 years of GF appearance's for 1 flag.

Changing coaches gave WC a chance of playing finals that I believe that Judge would not have achieved.

Dimma 3 seasons of near bottom seasons and 3 years of 3 straight years of finals losses, sound similar?

The big question is "is Dimma in the same class as Worsfold" ?

R.Walls said Worsfold was a ordinary coach.
Should have won more then 1 grand final with WC, which I agree when you look at their list at the time.

se7en said:
R.Walls said Worsfold was a ordinary coach.
Should have won more then 1 grand final with WC, which I agree when you look at their list at the time.

Absolutely. Won GF by one point leading a team that should have done a lot more with that list and resources.