Waiting for Richmond youngster to get 30+ disposals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Waiting for Richmond youngster to get 30+ disposals

Im guessing our AFLW team are playing- "Some Girls" or a certain JC's son is making a debut- "Tattoo You"

Did i Jag(ga) the answer?

I feel like we are collectively working through the 5 stages of poor recruiting grief around here.

1. Denial. “What the *smile* are you talking about? There is nothing wrong with our kids.”

2. Anger. “*smile* you”.

3. Bargaining. “*smile* it, just take our three best players for that second rounder, please…”

4. Depression. “We are *smile*”.

5. Acceptance. “Okay, what the *smile* do we do then?”

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
The Wilson kid in the twos that apparently is not on our list certainly seems to get high possessions.

This is cooked. You’re talking about 30 disposals in the AFL as if it’s as easy as just lacing the boots on.

It’s a seriously tough league - you earn every single touch you get. Expecting young blokes who are adjusting to the pace and physicality of the game to just turn up and get 30+, that’s laughable. Some expectation management is in order here!

Reactions: 1 user
This is cooked. You’re talking about 30 disposals in the AFL as if it’s as easy as just lacing the boots on.

It’s a seriously tough league - you earn every single touch you get. Expecting young blokes who are adjusting to the pace and physicality of the game to just turn up and get 30+, that’s laughable. Some expectation management is in order here!
Soligo, Warner, Holmes, Sharp, Rivers all have had 30 disposals or more in a match. All were available at our draft selections over the last 4-5 years too.

It can be done, just not by our draftees it seems.

Current <23yos and their highest disposal counts:

Dow - 27
Ralphsmith - 21
Blight - 13
Bauer - 9
Trezise - 17
M Rioli - 17
Sonsie - 20
Banks - 18
Gibcus - 18
Brown - 18
Clarke - 20
Green - 11
Smith - 3
Campbell - 18
McAuliffe - 20
Amazing that Dow and Ralphsmith haven’t cracked that mark yet, considering the midfield exposure and game time they’ve had.

I remember when a certain three time Premiership Captain decided he didn't need to get 30 possessions a week to be a better player, and to make others around him better. That seemed to go ok.

Reactions: 2 users
I feel like we are collectively working through the 5 stages of poor recruiting grief around here.

1. Denial. “What the *smile* are you talking about? There is nothing wrong with our kids.”

2. Anger. “*smile* you”.

3. Bargaining. “*smile* it, just take our three best players for that second rounder, please…”

4. Depression. “We are *smile*”.

5. Acceptance. “Okay, what the *smile* do we do then?”
I've accepted that most of our kids are either undersized, under paced, somewhat soft or all of the above.

Aside from McAuliffe.

I remember when a certain three time Premiership Captain decided he didn't need to get 30 possessions a week to be a better player, and to make others around him better. That seemed to go ok.
If only one of our youngsters had that choice to make as well.

I can tell you what the finding will be. No early draft picks = no gun players.

and maybe the GCS recruiter says 'I need to be better', resigns to spend more time with family, and gets a $1m payout from the AFL's save the little children fund?