TV | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV

Tigers of Old said:
Growing in stature every week. :)
Loved his mark in defence, 18 tapouts for the game.

I thought he went ok.
He might have got 18 tapouts, but he hasn't got the strength yet to physically direct his tap to a crumber as did big Maric.

The Vick is looking very promising though. I like the lad!

I noticed a mark in Adelaide's goal square where everybody flew but Vickery, and he was the tallest there by 10cm+. Was disappointed.

RUNVS said:
Thought he did some nice things tonight. Broke even in the ruck I thought.

Our rucks were soundly beaten. But that was to be expected. It's all about the experience for Vickery at this stage.

Got thrashed at the centre bounces.
He couldn't seem to get in front of Maric at throw ins or ups around the ground and that's not surprising with his spaghetti arms .
TV moves well and will be a good player.
Looks good below his knees too

TV has a great opportunity today. I would make Graham play on Renouf as he has the bigger body to match him and we might be able to get a nil all draw. That would then leave TV to beat an under sized ruckman in Skipper. TV also has rucking smarts in the he can tap to our advantage something that I have not seen since Stafford.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Getting better every week.

Thought he's been better previous weeks and struggled this week which was a bit disappointing considering he was up against Renouf and Skipper. 7 touches and 7 hitouts.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Getting better every week.
Yeah I don't agree this week. Had Renouf & Skipper (who's only 194cm) as opponents and had bugger all contribution.
Probably deserves a spell at Coburg to get some confidence back and elevate Browne who had a good game for Coburg

Pathetic effort tonight.
Consistently missed the footy (both in the air and at ground level).
Poor decision maker.

provided nothing to the team. no hitouts no ball around the ground no marks and goals up fwd.
needs to go back to coburg and smarten up. and that head cut.....what the hell is that. not a footballers look from the get go.
and whats with him jumping early in ruck contests ala the great simmo. timing is way off. hes been listening to simmo too much. get this bloke outta the club before he ruins the kid.

The last few weeks, Vickery has been dreadful. Fair enough he's young and his body is not fully developed as an AFL Ruckman, but he doesn't compete hard enough for me or show even the remotest glimpses of top ten draft pick potential. Rarely seen him marking a ball or using it skillfully by foot.

He's a major concern. I now fear that we've used a top ten pick on yet another dud.

Tigers2011 said:
Let's hope for all our sakes.
He's very nimble, great below his knees, quick hands, a mean streak and a nice kick. Heard his hit outs to advantage % are pretty high too.
He shouldn't ever be expected to beat mature bodied ruckmen like Hille who's 27 I think or even Ryder who's about 21 now and in his 5th year.

If he played for any other side, he probably wouldn't have even debuted yet. But for a 19 year old in the big leagues, he's doing just fine.