Troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Troy Taylor

skybeau said:
Tend to agree. His Coburg game was similar (and had similar reviews too).

Its about potential not output.

While quiet he:

took a beautiful high mark and took off on landing making 10 metres on his opponent;

made a sensational tackle on the first few minutes which gave Reiwoldt his first goal;

roved the pack beautifully to just miss with his first kick on his left.

roved the pack again to nearly score the first of the third;

just missed with a long kick from 50.

snapped a beautiful goal in serious traffic.

Give him game time and gym time and he will only get better!

I think he is a good player. His natural and raw, the hard thing to do is to turn him into a professional. It's can happen if our development structure is right.

He is never out of a contest

lamb22 said:
Its about potential not output.

While quiet he:

took a beautiful high mark and took off on landing making 10 metres on his opponent;

made a sensational tackle on the first few minutes which gave Reiwoldt his first goal;

roved the pack beautifully to just miss with his first kick on his left.

roved the pack again to nearly score the first of the third;

just missed with a long kick from 50.

snapped a beautiful goal in serious traffic.

Give him game time and gym time and he will only get better!

I think you already mentioned this too Lamb but he also helps our forward line structure immensely. At the moment we have the 2 talls - Riewoldt (194cm) and Astbury (195cm) which is standard but then you also add in Taylor (189cm) who is a very good overhead mark and can act as another tall but versatile enough to act as a crumber. Also not forgetting Morton (186cm) as a mid-sized marking option. I like that structure a lot and it's something good to build on, the only thing it's probably missing is a true small FP crumber. Obviously that will come from one of Roberts/Nahas, etc when they show form in the 2's.

It's so much better than what we had most of last year when we played 1 tall up forward (Riewoldt) and had Morton act as the CHF.

hopper said:
"Better get a lawyer, son. Better get a reeeal good one."
"Get yourself a suit and tie, and get your hair cut way up high!"

Gotta love Tex.
Tigers supporter.

Maybe it's just me but I really dislike it when people start raving on how <insert name> is going to be a great player after only a 1 or 2 games.

Give them a couple seasons before judging.

labeling them as going to be 'great' so early is normally the kiss of death. :-\

Yet people are allowed to bag Dea and say that he'll never make it after one game?

Looked lazy and selfish in his debut game. When he got the ball had tunnel vision and never considered off-loading.

Sure he has "potential" but have come to despise that word over the past 30 years.

Can see he has the ability to create magic but does he have the application and mental toughness to make it in AFL....i have big doubts but happy to keep him on list for a few years as there are plenty of others ahead of him to get the chop.

wayne said:
I heard him on SEN the other day saying how much of a Saint fan he was.

Here comes Mr Namedropper....

I was playing at a music festival last year on grand final day and the green room was set up with a tele showing the game.

Tex is most definitely a Saints man.

theglove3 said:
"Get yourself a suit and tie, and get your hair cut way up high!"

Gotta love Tex.
Tigers supporter.

Tex barracks passionately for the saints, but has a genuine soft spot for the tigers. He feels our pain. I think he developed some mutual respect for Richo, Benny Gale, JB and Co. when they used to go to his gigs and they found out he loves footy as much as they love music.

Had some special touches which is what I look for in a kid - a window into what he might be doing a lot of when he gets to his best. Very happy with his recruitment and I hope he manages the transition to professional AFL. Looking forward to watching more of him.

Has the ability to become a very good AFL player but considering our record of player development ( who apart from Richo and Bowden have the RFC developed into quality AFL players over the last 20 years?) chances are we won't see it happen.

tigertim said:
Has the ability to become a very good AFL player but considering our record of player development ( who apart from Richo and Bowden have the RFC developed into quality AFL players over the last 20 years?) chances are we won't see it happen.

Do people not realise we have new coaches, and development staff. We are building brand new facilities. He has every chance of becoming a very good player for the club. What has happened in the past is in the past, there is no need to constantly bring it up.

tigertim said:
Foley

ROLLS ROYCE said:
Looked lazy and selfish in his debut game. When he got the ball had tunnel vision and never considered off-loading.

Sure he has "potential" but have come to despise that word over the past 30 years.

Can see he has the ability to create magic but does he have the application and mental toughness to make it in AFL....i have big doubts but happy to keep him on list for a few years as there are plenty of others ahead of him to get the chop.

Really?
I thought he didnt look selfish enough and was constantly looking to give it to someone as shown with his mark around the 50 where he was really keen to give it off but it had to be brought back.
Hopefully he'll become more selfish with some confidence in his own ability

Clinton said:
Do people not realise we have new coaches, and development staff. We are building brand new facilities. He has every chance of becoming a very good player for the club. What has happened in the past is in the past, there is no need to constantly bring it up.

Do people not realise that we have had new coaches about 15 times over the last 30 years. Just because a club had a new coach doesn't mean that everything will be alright. Nor do new facilities. I'll wait until the proof is there before I beleive the club can develop young players in numbers.

tigertim said:
Do people not realise that we have had new coaches about 15 times over the last 30 years. Just because a club had a new coach doesn't mean that everything will be alright. Nor do new facilities. I'll wait until the proof is there before I beleive the club can develop young players in numbers.

True that bro...it is obvious Taylor has talent...hopefully our current coaching staff have the tools necessary to bring out his best footy.

Rfc4Ever said:
True that bro...it is obvious Taylor has talent...hopefully our current coaching staff have the tools necessary to bring out his best footy.
exactly right, it's obvious this guy can play and we need to develop him on and off the field.